What's new

Dame Time

Him: "Only a dumbass dreams of having an employer".
Also him: "That dumbass wasn't loyal to his employer".

He signed the contract and you can't act like the blazers haven't constantly turned over that roster to try to appease him. We aren't talking about a cheap *** franchise that hasn't been trying to win. If someone treats you right and pays you top dollar then you have no right to bitch.

Only a dumbass dreams of having an employer. I haven't had a boss in 15 years.

Also anyone with actually eyes and knowledge knows that the blazers were constantly turning over there roster to try and get to that next level. It hasn't worked yet but to act like they haven't tried is a stupid thing to say. Now they finally have 2 young star caliber players in Sharpe and Henderson and Lillard decides to go full bitch mode. Some of you guys will say that Lillard doesn't want to wait around for them but that is bull. Both guys will be big contributors for them this season and likely all star caliber players by the 24-25 season. Of course nba superstars are known for being shortsighted and always think the grass is greener somewhere else so I look forward to seeing Lillard come up short somewhere else and the blazers become one of the best up and coming teams in the league.
1688231272371.gif

You must be nuts smh If they do that it will cost us EVERYTHING we got for Rudy and Don. Including LM. we might be able to keep the pick swaps smh
We have so many assets. Whats the point in having them if we don't use them?With the current market... I would not be suprised if Lillard is traded for much less thatn Rudy or Don.

He signed the contract and you can't act like the blazers haven't constantly turned over that roster to try to appease him. We aren't talking about a cheap *** franchise that hasn't been trying to win. If someone treats you right and pays you top dollar then you have no right to bitch.
Lol. Dame has leverage and he is using. Never ceases to amaze me how some think these greedy millionaire players are sticking it to these poor billionaire owners. It's still business at the end of the day. Dame owes PDX nothing.

Don’t see Dame going to Utah, but can Trader Danny get in on sending him to Miami? Sexton to Portland, who could come back?

I’m not sure where this "trade all of our assets" idea is coming from. Not a single person mentioned that and there is not a chance in hell it takes anywhere near that to get him.

I know he will almost certainly end up in Miami, but it is interesting to think about what other teams could be good fits with better offers.

Toronto is interesting if they kept their vets (OG, Siakam) and did a trade bully around Barnes.
Would the Warriors trade Chris Paul and Moody and/or Kuminga?

Would the Pelicans swap Zion for Dame?

In each case picks would obviously need to be involved as well.

I think the only way Utah is involved in a Portland/Dame trade is a three way with Philly. Philly trades Maxey to Utah, Harris to Portland. Portland sends Dame to Philly. Utah sends pieces and picks to Portland.

That would give Portland picks to rebuild with and an expiring asset in Harris they can trade. Utah gets Maxey, a great shooter and 20 ppg guard. Philly gets Lillard. This is probably the best trade Portland can get.

It gives Utah a very young 20 ppg player for their picks and Philly gets another person to try to win with Embiid. But, I'm not even sure Utah can do something like this with Collins now.
I could get behind this. I enjoy a good 3-way.

All these top 10 top 20 players moving to other teams and most or none of them have gotten a ring
Giannis stayed and got one. Jokic stayed and got one.
But don't know what this means so nevermind :) :) :) :) :) :) :rolleyes:

We have so many assets. Whats the point in having them if we don't use them?With the current market... I would not be suprised if Lillard is traded for much less thatn Rudy or Don.
No chance they trade him to us for less than LM and a ton of draft picks. We are not doing that, because we then are not a good team around him, and going all in on him is just stupid given that. Noone on this roster has any experience at all, unless you think that bum from ATL is somehow going to be born again and be incentive for Dame to not want out the minute he steps on the tarmac.
3 things: he is old, he is paid to win now, and we don't have anything but picks and unproven projects besides LM to dangle.

We could mop the floor with whatever Miami could offer.

Other than a scenario where Luka becomes available, hard to imagine - better star to push in some of our draft chips for.

We have a better offer than Miami, that’s for sure. I’m sure Portland would rather have some combo of Ochai, Kessler, Hendricks, George, Sensabaugh, THT, expiring, and 3+ future firsts. All Miami can offer is two firsts and Herro plus filler.

That said I agree the Jazz don’t have enough win-now players for this to make sense. No one on this team currently is playoff tested, except maybe Collins and his performance was inconsistent to say the least.

I’m not sure I go above what Miami is offering in draft and player capital. If it’s two picks, Sexton, an expiring, and savings, then I’m in. I think that’s actually better than Miami’s offer.