What's new

Dame Time

This is why I don’t get the argument about blazers doing right by Dame by getting him to Miami at all costs. The very best deal Miami can give the blazers screws the blazers. If you can get just as fair a trade from Miami as you can anywhere else then by all means do right by Dame, but first and for most you do what’s best for the fans and org you are over because if you don’t and just lay down for fame, no one will join you. Lol

He doesn’t have a veto
He has a very expensive veto if be chooses not to report and play. Utah should of course chat with him before pulling the hypothetical trigger on any trade to see if he'd be willing to play here, even if he does not have a lot of choice where he ends up...

He has a very expensive veto if be chooses not to report and play. Utah should of course chat with him before pulling the hypothetical trigger on any trade to see if he'd be willing to play here, even if he does not have a lot of choice where he ends up...
Oh, please, Lillard isn't going to hold out if he doesn't go to Miami. He would literally go from being one of the most respected players to the most hated. His endorsements would drop and his legacy would be tarnished far more than the Blazers would be, or the team that trades for him.

He's going to a team better than the Blazers no matter what. A rebuilding team isn't going to make an offer for him. There will not be any sympathy for him anywhere outside of Miami if he holds out.

This is why I don’t get the argument about blazers doing right by Dame by getting him to Miami at all costs. The very best deal Miami can give the blazers screws the blazers. If you can get just as fair a trade from Miami as you can anywhere else then by all means do right by Dame, but first and for most you do what’s best for the fans and org you are over because if you don’t and just lay down for fame, no one will join you. Lol

Agreed , Portland should do what’s best for the organisation.

I love the NBA , but seriously these players a paid a stupid amount of money over their careers , they don’t save lives , work long hours , have to ever stress about where the next dollar is coming from .

If you’re on 60mill a year and they trade you somewhere you don’t want to go , I have no sympathy for you .

I feel like this talk that the blazers don't like the heats assets is just posturing. I think Jovic and Jaquez are damn good prospects and they fill positions of need longterm for the blazers. Add in Herro, 2 firsts and possibly a couple swaps and you have a damn good package. Who knows if the heat are actually offering that type of package at this point though. It makes sense for them to hold assets back right now and try to work out the best deal for themselves. My guess is they have been holding back Jaquez which is why they signed him to his rookie contract and made him ineligible to trade for a little while.

I feel like this talk that the blazers don't like the heats assets is just posturing. I think Jovic and Jaquez are damn good prospects and they fill positions of need longterm for the blazers. Add in Herro, 2 firsts and possibly a couple swaps and you have a damn good package. Who knows if the heat are actually offering that type of package at this point though. It makes sense for them to hold assets back right now and try to work out the best deal for themselves. My guess is they have been holding back Jaquez which is why they signed him to his rookie contract and made him ineligible to trade for a little while.
The Heat are currently not offering Jovic nor Jaquez, they will need to offer both to get it done IMO. I would hold out for this because the picks are 5 and 7 years out and the filler is kinda crap.

As that one tweet cited, New Orleans has repeatedly done right by their players.

When has it benefitted them?
It has benefitted them greatly… they got huge offers for those guys lol.

The best offer from Miami just needs to rope in one team to take Herro for a pick and it’s just fine. If Blazers can get two unprotected first plus 3 swaps, Jovic and Jaquez, plus they send Nurks deal (basically worth a first right there), it does not “screw” the franchise lol. Get one pick from sending out Herro and it’s just as good as the reasonable offers they might have.

If a team wants to get nutty and offer 4 firsts and expiring salary then take that offer. I don’t see that offer happening.

The best offer from Miami just needs to rope in one team to take Herro for a pick and it’s just fine. If Blazers can get two unprotected first plus 3 swaps, Jovic and Jaquez, plus they send Nurks deal (basically worth a first right there), it does not “screw” the franchise lol. Get one pick from sending out Herro and it’s just as good as the reasonable offers they might have.

If a team wants to get nutty and offer 4 firsts and expiring salary then take that offer. I don’t see that offer happening.
Who's giving a first for Herro now tho ? The player is fine, but the contract makes between neutral to negative value on a too long and hefty deal. They shipping him to the Nets to eat Simmons ? But would the Nets prefer help the Heat land Dame to their own conference instead of making a play for Dame themselves ?

I don’t feel bad for Dame. I’m sorry not sorry. The days of super teams are gone. Back to competition and blood, sweat, and tears. Denver proved that. I’m done seeing super teams and players not being loyal to the team that draft them. “If you can’t win with the team that drafted you, and you have to call your friends to “help” you win, it’s the cowards way. No MAN wants help he does it succeed or fail. But HE does it.

And If say the jazz want Lillard, (which I don’t) and see the offer from Portland and offer Hendricks along with whatever and three picks? Should they still do right by dame?

Again, though if that’s the best offer fine, but Portland should take best offer for them not Dame

Oh, please, Lillard isn't going to hold out if he doesn't go to Miami. He would literally go from being one of the most respected players to the most hated. His endorsements would drop and his legacy would be tarnished far more than the Blazers would be, or the team that trades for him.

He's going to a team better than the Blazers no matter what. A rebuilding team isn't going to make an offer for him. There will not be any sympathy for him anywhere outside of Miami if he holds out.
Yeah, I don't think he would do it, but he does have that option.

Worse would be to have a player that you want to lead the team and they have a bad/selfish attitude. If he really does not want to be in Utah, the Jazz should not want him (assuming he'd be happy in Utah, I would only want him if the price was very reasonable).

I don’t feel bad for Dame. I’m sorry not sorry. The days of super teams are gone. Back to competition and blood, sweat, and tears. Denver proved that. I’m done seeing super teams and players not being loyal to the team that draft them. “If you can’t win with the team that drafted you, and you have to call your friends to “help” you win, it’s the cowards way. No MAN wants help he does it succeed or fail. But HE does it.
The idea that you can only be on a great team if you get drafted there is bogus lmao.

Dame has been very complimentary toward the Jazz, the fans and the state for years, so, even if Miami is his top destination, I would hope he'd still be reinvigorated to potentially take the Jazz to their first-ever NBA title.

I don't see Dame as the type of player to hold an attitude because he didn't get the destination he wanted, even if it's not the most favorable situation for him (and he has to know this ain't FA).

So all the messaging today is Dame/Agent are pushing hard for Miami.

Kind of wild to me Dame is being hardline on this after years of loyalty/grind talk.

So all the messaging today is Dame/Agent are pushing hard for Miami.

Kind of wild to me Dame is being hardline on this after years of loyalty/grind talk.
I am guessing there was a wink and a nod agreement when he signed his extension that they’d do right and send him where he wanted if the time came. I think they are teasing out the best Miami offer possible… but Dames team is going to be consistent with their message to make sure no team gets a wild notion.