What's new

Danny Green?

How much you think he gets? Does he come off the bench for us or start?

I like him just want to see how others envision him fitting.

How much you think he gets? Does he come off the bench for us or start?

I like him just want to see how others envision him fitting.

He probably isn't going to command max, but is pretty much just as good as Mathews. He's a lot better than Burks and Hood at this point. He probably starts.

Then we could look at trading Burks.

27, SG, career 41.5% from 3, decent from the FT line. Been thru the fire with the Spurs.

Not very good assist numbers and kind of low FG%

Gobert
Favors
Hayward
Green
Exum

We'll have to overpay, since SAS has $$$. But maybe the core finally splits up, and Danny decides to try something else.

For the record, though, Danny does coast from time to time. I don't trust him the way I did a couple of years ago.

He probably isn't going to command max, but is pretty much just as good as Mathews. He's a lot better than Burks and Hood at this point. He probably starts.

Then we could look at trading Burks.

Healthy Matthews is better (but that guy no longer exists). I think he gets $10Mish per year. He worries me a bit because sometimes guys in SA's system look much better than they actually are. Gary Neal, Boris Diaw, any others?

I think he would have to start. I don't think he creates much offense himself, but if Exum gets better at actually doing something with the ball then I think Green would be a good fit in the starting lineup.

He is gettable because SA is trying to conserve their cap space for something big (Marc Gasol or another big time FA). We could offer him the money with a 24 hour expiration date to force his/their hand.

I wouldn't trade Burks.

Didn't even see the trade Burks comment.

No, he would be an ideal 6th man for this team. A scoring threat at the wing position at all times. Cycling thru Hayward, Hood, Burks and another SG would be great as there is always a slasher and shooter on the floor at the 2 and or 3.

27, SG, career 41.5% from 3, decent from the FT line. Been thru the fire with the Spurs.

Not very good assist numbers and kind of low FG%

Gobert
Favors
Hayward
Green
Exum

He's the prototypical 3 and D player. That's why he has low assist numbers, it's just not his role. About his low FG%. Again... he's a 3 and D guy. He shoots over 60% of his shots from 3. His TS% is 58%, which is higher than Hayward's.

He's the prototypical 3 and D player. That's why he has low assist numbers, it's just not his role. About his low FG%. Again... he's a 3 and D guy. He shoots over 60% of his shots from 3. His TS% is 58%, which is higher than Hayward's.

Thanks, obviously my take was purely from stats.

If we signed a vet our draft pick is headed to the D League. Hayward, Burks, Green, Hood, and Mini-Sap would have the wing covered. Based on Perrin comments yesterday we are looking at a wing/perimeter player in the draft hard.

FA in the NBA should come before the draft. Say we draft Booker and then sign Green. Booker ain't going to see the light of day. If we signed Green then drafted Kaminsky, Turner, or Portis they'd likely get some spot minutes.

If we signed a vet our draft pick is headed to the D League. Hayward, Burks, Green, Hood, and Mini-Sap would have the wing covered. Based on Perrin comments yesterday we are looking at a wing/perimeter player in the draft hard.

FA in the NBA should come before the draft. Say we draft Booker and then sign Green. Booker ain't going to see the light of day. If we signed Green then drafted Kaminsky, Turner, or Portis they'd likely get some spot minutes.

If the Jazz sign a wing FA and draft one than Ingles is on his way out imo. I think the FO keeps Millsap.

So that would be Hayward, Burks, Hood, FA, Draftee and Millsap. With Exum able to play the 2 as well. No room for anyone else.

That's why I said we would then look at trading Burks.

If the Jazz sign a wing FA and draft one than Ingles is on his way out imo. I think the FO keeps Millsap.

So that would be Hayward, Burks, Hood, FA, Draftee and Millsap. With Exum able to play the 2 as well. No room for anyone else.

And no PT for the Draftee or Millman. Not that Millsap has to play, but it would suck to not get our draft pick any PT. Gotta have some time to develop. I guess you get the guys and figure it out... there are also injuries and things that happen.

And no PT for the Draftee or Millman. Not that Millsap has to play, but it would suck to not get our draft pick any PT. Gotta have some time to develop. I guess you get the guys and figure it out... there are also injuries and things that happen.

In this system that all depends on that rookie and his play. If he is good and produces then he will see the floor. If not a year of D-league is not the end of the world.

That's why I said we would then look at trading Burks.

I'd see what he gives the first half of the season at least. If he plays really well he could be a decent trade chip to fill in some gaps. It would also let us look at our rookie and see if we think he is a keeper.

I'd rather keep Burks though.

In this system that all depends on that rookie and his play. If he is good and produces then he will see the floor. If not a year of D-league is not the end of the world.

This is true... I's like to make sure Hood gets 20-25 minutes per game next year, but his foot problems have been troubling. Would be good to have depth behind him.

Wing Rotation we have 96 minutes total

Hayward needs his 34 mins
Burks needs his 30 mins

So we have 64 mins taken 32 minutes to split over two guys.

Ideally we would have a great defensive player and a 3 point shooter to give Coach options for matchups. (One possibility is that Burks ups his defensive game. But then we still need a strong wing to handle the Carmelo's of the world.)

Hood can fill the shooter and scorer role but he is working towards being average on D.

Millsap is a negative on offense but his rebounding and defense are excellent. Maybe he can find a consistent 3 pt stroke in the offseason.

The only way I see Ingles coming back is due season ending injuries or Dante needing a buddy.

So healthy we could have a full rotation or draft a project on the wing.

If we are drafting a wing who demands playing time we will need to make a trade to balance out the roster. We need a 3rd/4th big to play backup center.

So I can see us drafting BPA but there are more changes coming.

Qman- Carroll credits Snyder with taking his 3pt shot to the next level. Imagine if he could do the same with Millsap.

All this depends on us not getting Tomic, getting Tomic pretty much shuts down a lot of free agent opportunities. Of course Tomic is probably better than most available bench bigs. . .

I'm not so sure. Part of why I'd be willing to overpay Matthews is his attitude. Dude is fiery. He can also score not taking threes. And his defense is incredible. Matthews has the intangibles. I'm not sure Green is effective if he isn't surrounded by Duncan and Parker.

I'm not so sure. Part of why I'd be willing to overpay Matthews is his attitude. Dude is fiery. He can also score not taking threes. And his defense is incredible. Matthews has the intangibles. I'm not sure Green is effective if he isn't surrounded by Duncan and Parker.

I'm still not convinced of max dollars for him.. but I'd be a huge fan of Exum, Matthews, Hayward, Favors, Gobert.

That's a stingy frickin defense.