What's new

Danny Green?

I think I'd consider giving him close to max... 15M? Maybe... I'm not sure.

I'd give more than the next guy. If he would take it I would try and front load it. Pay him up to max this year and decrease it to make it reasonable when we have to pay Rudy. This would take a lot of teams out of the running because they simply don't have the extra cash right now and it wouldn't hurt us in the long run.

I'd be happy with either Danny Green or DeMarre Carroll. Grab a defensive wing to start with Gordon Hayward and bring both Butks and Hood off the bench.

Nah, would rather continue to give Hood serious court time.
My personal preference this offseason is to bring back DeMarre Carroll. Hayward, Carroll, Hood, Burks and Ingles can all play together. If Burks gets minutes behind Exum filling Trey Burke's current role, then there's more than enough minutes to go around.

I would let the damn cake bake

I'm starting to think that the Jazz bring over Pliess, match on Ingles and bring back Cotton and Millsap and call it.

Gobert/Pliess
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Hayward/Ingles
Burks/Hood/Millsap
Exum/Burke/Hanlan/Cotton

14 players. And pretty good actually. In reality they are adding Lyles, Hanlan, Pliess and Burks to last seasons group. That's pretty good. It'll allow the Jazz to push for the 7th or 8th seed this season and get some experience. Then try and grab a big FA next year when they start making a serious playoff push.

I'm starting to think that the Jazz bring over Pliess, match on Ingles and bring back Cotton and Millsap and call it.

Gobert/Pliess
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Hayward/Ingles
Burks/Hood/Millsap
Exum/Burke/Hanlan/Cotton

14 players. And pretty good actually. In reality they are adding Lyles, Hanlan, Pliess and Burks to last seasons group. That's pretty good. It'll allow the Jazz to push for the 7th or 8th seed this season and get some experience. Then try and grab a big FA next year when they start making a serious playoff push.

If they bring over Pleiss when does their new rook play? How does he develop? I don't see us bringing over Pleiss and keeping Booker.

No need to even dance around it. Danny Green is upgrade over Burks, not only because of fit, but because of the value he provides on both ends of the court(unless Burks improves his defense A LOT in the following years). He doesn't create offense, but we have other players in the starting lineup to create offense and he plays well off-ball and shoots over 40% from 3 on huge volume. On D... he had 5-6 blocks against Griffin alone in the Spurs vs Clips series, enough said.

He is very good at his craft. Has shot well over 40% on threes the last 4 years, not easy to do. Will be looking for $12-15 million a year, I would consider it because we have the play makers to offset his one weakness. Also, he is as battle tested as they come in post season play.

green will not be a spur next season. they want LMA and have to resign Leonard. green would do best to let teams bid on the big players and he will be a consultation prize and get more then he deserves. I like him but with 4 wings that is a lot.

If they bring over Pleiss when does their new rook play? How does he develop? I don't see us bringing over Pleiss and keeping Booker.

They can fit him in for limit minutes his first year and have him learn the plays. Then Booker moves on next year and Lyles role increases. Jazz can afford to take Lyles slow. Not like the previous two years when the Jazz needed to do a little trial by fire.

green will not be a spur next season. they want LMA and have to resign Leonard. green would do best to let teams bid on the big players and he will be a consultation prize and get more then he deserves. I like him but with 4 wings that is a lot.

None of our wings can shoot and defend like Danny Green though. Having been in the San Antonio system further increases DL's likeliness to try and sign him.
Danny Green was the 4th best SG in the league by RPM the last two years.

They can fit him in for limit minutes his first year and have him learn the plays. Then Booker moves on next year and Lyles role increases. Jazz can afford to take Lyles slow. Not like the previous two years when the Jazz needed to do a little trial by fire.

The kid needs more than garbage mins. I guess they could send him to Idaho but that would be short term anyway. If Pleiss did come over than he splits 15mins behind Favors with Booker? I don't buy it. If Lyles covers that 15 mins it isn't exactly trial by fire.

The kid needs more than garbage mins. I guess they could send him to Idaho but that would be short term anyway. If Pleiss did come over than he splits 15mins behind Favors with Booker? I don't buy it. If Lyles covers that 15 mins it isn't exactly trial by fire.

I'm saying the Jazz don't need to rely as heavily on Lyles as they did on players like Ingles, Hood, Burke and Exum. 10-15 minuets a game for Lyles is ok this one first year. I'd take most those minutes from Booker tbh.

Could Lyles log a few minutes at the 3?

Only thing I could see is Lyles supplanting Booker as the season progresses.

I'm saying the Jazz don't need to rely as heavily on Lyles as they did on players like Ingles, Hood, Burke and Exum. 10-15 minuets a game for Lyles is ok this one first year. I'd take most those minutes from Booker tbh.

Could Lyles log a few minutes at the 3?

Only thing I could see is Lyles supplanting Booker as the season progresses.

So we are in perfect agreement then?

So we are in perfect agreement then?

I think I'm ok with a few minutes less per game than you but no big difference. Especially if they give Lyle 5-10 mpg at the 3.

Can he play the 3 in the NBA?

We don't need Green nor need to overpay him. Let's go with what we got. I think people are discounting Burks and what he might bring this year, as well as the improvement of Hood, and we have Ingles and Millsap as the role players. We have two stellar players at shooting guard, who are likely to make great improvement in the next couple of years.