What's new

Danny Green?

I'm starting to think that the Jazz bring over Pliess, match on Ingles and bring back Cotton and Millsap and call it.

Gobert/Pliess
Favors/Booker/Lyles
Hayward/Ingles
Burks/Hood/Millsap
Exum/Burke/Hanlan/Cotton

14 players. And pretty good actually. In reality they are adding Lyles, Hanlan, Pliess and Burks to last seasons group. That's pretty good. It'll allow the Jazz to push for the 7th or 8th seed this season and get some experience. Then try and grab a big FA next year when they start making a serious playoff push.

I agree. The 15th spot can then be used as a "wild card" to keep the best player from guys like Jerrett, Cooley, etc. I'm also intrigued by Wes Saunders. He could be a guy to keep and assign to Idaho.

Of course, any trade that strengthens Utah by adding a quality player AND shipping out Burke would be welcome. Yes, we're young, but that depth is pretty amazing!

If they bring over Pleiss when does their new rook play? How does he develop? I don't see us bringing over Pleiss and keeping Booker.
He doesn't play.
And that's ok. He probably isn't ready.
We are going for the playoffs, no need to play everyone on the roster

Or how about this? If lyles does well enough in practice then he will earn his time on the court at a different players (Booker) expense.

I wouldn't mind Green and we really need shooting. If we picked him up, though, we would need to move Burks. I'm not certain we could, however. It seems that a handful of people here believe we can pick up another wing and still have plenty of time for Burks, Hood and Hayward to all get minutes -- that ain't happening and we'd need to condense our talents.

I wouldn't mind Green and we really need shooting. If we picked him up, though, we would need to move Burks. I'm not certain we could, however. It seems that a handful of people here believe we can pick up another wing and still have plenty of time for Burks, Hood and Hayward to all get minutes -- that ain't happening and we'd need to condense our talents.

strongly disagree with everything in bold

^This.

We're not talking Lebron.

I honestly believe that if Lebron was smart he would come here. We'd definitely win the championship with him. Probably ring off 6 in row or more.

I have to believe that most of the players in the league are smart enough to recognize up and coming teams and which teams have potential. If not, that's just pretty bizarre.

So if Danny Green had a brain, he'd would see where this ship is going and would like to be a part of it.

Except there's that "YOU go play in Utah" mentality. Sorry folks, but living here in CA, I can tell you there's still a huge stigma about Utah with many people. It's changing, mostly among the younger generation who enjoy the outdoor sports southern Utah has to offer. But all of you, whether you want to or not, are lumped in with the conservative Mormons.

I honestly believe that if Lebron was smart he would come here. We'd definitely win the championship with him. Probably ring off 6 in row or more.

I have to believe that most of the players in the league are smart enough to recognize up and coming teams and which teams have potential. If not, that's just pretty bizarre.

So if Danny Green had a brain, he'd would see where this ship is going and would like to be a part of it.

But Lebron can't win in Salt Lake City...

liquidate Trey, and get Burks some minutes at the "1". We need another wing (whose name is DeMarre).

What's up with the Demarre obsession?

He's a nice 3 and D player, but I don't think he's going to make us elite or something. I'm not even sure I want him sucking up minutes over Hood and Burks. If he's better, it's only slightly. And it doesn't help with developing.

What's up with the Demarre obsession?

He's a nice 3 and D player, but I don't think he's going to make us elite or something. I'm not even sure I want him sucking up minutes over Hood and Burks. If he's better, it's only slightly. And it doesn't help with developing.

Here is the thing with Burks. He needs the ball in his hands. He just isn't very effective "off ball". So let's put the ball in his ****in hands and out of Burke's.

Here is the thing with Burks. He needs the ball in his hands. He just isn't very effective "off ball". So let's put the ball in his ****in hands and out of Burke's.

This has been my problem with Burks forever. I'm not discounting his talent or abilities. There are some things he does very well. He may be successful in a role of carrying scoring load off the bench, I don't know. That's what I'm hoping for. I just don't see him being effective in the starting lineup. Also, the things people suggest for his role to be takes away his strengths which is having the ball in his hands. I don't think our team, as presently constituted, benefits as strongly from that at this point. Again, if he plays this role off the bench it could be successful. If we got Danny Green I'd like to see it as a substitution for Burks. We desperately need shooting (or even just the threat of shooting).

This has been my problem with Burks forever. I'm not discounting his talent or abilities. There are some things he does very well. He may be successful in a role of carrying scoring load off the bench, I don't know. That's what I'm hoping for. I just don't see him being effective in the starting lineup. Also, the things people suggest for his role to be takes away his strengths which is having the ball in his hands. I don't think our team, as presently constituted, benefits as strongly from that at this point. Again, if he plays this role off the bench it could be successful. If we got Danny Green I'd like to see it as a substitution for Burks. We desperately need shooting (or even just the threat of shooting).

I agree with this.

I'm not so sure Burks is a great fit here anymore. The team relies on ball movement and catch and shoot. Burks doesn't really do that. At least not what we've seen so far. I'm willing to give him a chance, but we may need to pull the plug on that pretty quick if he can't adapt.

Just want to point out Alec was shooting over 38% from 3 to start last season with a bad shoulder. I would like to think being healthy and a whole year off doing shooting drills gets him over 40%. Sure is is not the defender but he comes at a much better price.

Just want to point out Alec was shooting over 38% from 3 to start last season with a bad shoulder. I would like to think being healthy and a whole year off doing shooting drills gets him over 40%. Sure is is not the defender but he comes at a much better price.

1)38% on 2.5 attempts per game(33min) vs 41% on 5.6 attempts per game(28min)

2)Green is dangerous in more places

3)Define Much better price. Burks will be making 11 million in the final year of his deal,

Srsly hate the idea if you want but Burks is not the shooter that Green is period.