What's new

Danny Green?

Hood's D is getting massively overrated here. It was good for a rookie but is still below average for the league plus he was fouling a lot to even get to that level. None of our perimeter players are great defenders(Millsap excluded - he won't be regular rotation piece). None of them are even close to Danny Green in that respect and none of them has ever hit the 3 at the level Green has been hitting it for the entirety of his career.

The problem with Burks is not that he cannot hit 3s(he's actually great at catch-and-shoot 3s), the problem is that he actually prefers to put it on the floor before he shoots it and he prefers to drive it instead of taking the simple open 3 in the corner. That's why he shoots only 1.6(1.1 the year before) catch and shoot 3s per game, while Green shot 4.5 of them per game.

We have actually seen little of Burks outside of a Corbin offense. I'm thinking that he can be taught to stay home and hit the corner three a lot easier than Green can develop a handle and a drive game. Burks is the superior player to Green, and it would be unwise to spend the remainder of our capspace on a downgrade to Burks and probably Hood. Let the cake bake first, THEN determine where to spend the money.

This team's ability in defending the perimeter has more to do with having Favors and Gobert than it does the one-on-one defensive ability of any of our wings. Gobert has talked about how the defensive gameplan is to hound players on the perimeter and not be scared of going over screens because of the Jazz's dominant and complete rim protection. But take the screen out of the play and things probably change. Granted, isos that lead to off-the-dribble jumpers are an outcome you hope for, so I'm not sweating the scenario. But even still, the Jazz can be an even better defensive team, and that's insane and awesome. If you can simultaneously get better shots on offense, then damn.

I think Hayward qualifies as 3/D

Does he? He's not bad by any means, but, I don't know about that. Either way, if there's a guy that does better in that role and they can give Hayward the easier defensive assignment, then that carries advantages.

I think Danny Green will be our top target in FA. I can see the Jazz offering him a huge deal. We are one of the few that could afford to overpay him this year with no worries. He's 28 but he doesn't have a ton of miles on him. Green hit 191 3's last season(good enough for 8th in the NBA) while maintaining a 3p% of .418. What y'all think is Green a smart upgrade to Burks?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz FO went after Green.

Thinking back to that NC Championship Team, did anything think (those who remember at least) that Green would be the most successful pro out of the bunch (e.g., Hansbrough, Lawson, McCants, Williams, Green)?

Just saw this.

Catch-and-shoot jumper shooting percentage from last year before he went down with injury. If Burks isn't a good fit due to his lack of catch and shoot ability, then maybe nobody on the team is. Again, these numbers are as of the date Burks sat down due to injury - also keep in mind he was actually playing injured when these numbers were being accumulated.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...rks-A-Jazz-offensive-study-videos.html?pg=all

Burks has become a respectable shooter, but he needs more space than Green to shoot from. He passes up a lot of shots and occasionally does something stupid.

Green is 28 and hasn't gotten paid yet - he's going to go for the $, that's for damn sure.

I'd love to bring him on. Starters aside, I think a Hayward/Burks/Green/Hood wing rotation would be dynamite. Let the chips fall where they may in terms of playing time/rotation, and if there ends up being an odd man out we have to move, we can do so.

I think I like this idea more than I like signing Millsap to a huge deal and creating an awkward logjam at PF.

Green is 28 and hasn't gotten paid yet - he's going to go for the $, that's for damn sure.

I'd love to bring him on. Starters aside, I think a Hayward/Burks/Green/Hood wing rotation would be dynamite. Let the chips fall where they may in terms of playing time/rotation, and if there ends up being an odd man out we have to move, we can do so.

I think I like this idea more than I like signing Millsap to a huge deal and creating an awkward logjam at PF.

The FO is doing 2 things w/the Millsap leak,imo.

1)Throwin out props to a guy that was really good to the org during his contract negotiations.

2)Smokescreen

Mods please merge this to my thread under my name. My Alt got carried away and made another thread.

Mods, please merge this one under my thread. I'm trying to clean up around here. This place is a mess.

You wanna know why my thread is double yours? Kairos mother ****er. Deal with it.

I thought my saying of the week was going to be 'Butt Hurt Hair'. Nope. 'Kairos mother ****er'

Awesome. Samuel L. Jackson needs to say that in a movie.

Mods, please merge this one under my thread. I'm trying to clean up around here. This place is a mess.

Gives me great pleasure to merge them under a NAOS thread over yours.

Got'em!!!

I knew you'd do that. I did it on purpose. Why do you think I bumped his too? Im your master and you are my puppet.

You are very powerful. I have seen it so much since I come here. I like to see your powers.