What's new

Dante Exum Averages .2 Steals Per Game

I don't really want him to gamble when he is on-ball, good D is worth a steal most of the time, but he could play the passing lanes and still recover. He is fast enough.

Yeah, you'd think a loose ball would just fall into his lap more often than that. Maybe he's more focused on guarding his man and doesn't watch the ball.

I’m a low steal guy in pickup ball but sometimes guys just pass it to you or other guys tip it and you get a freeby this is really low... gonna look something up...

Dante recovers .2 defensive loose balls and gets .5 deflections in 17 minutes a night.

Joe gets .7 and 2.8 in 33 minutes

Ricky gets .9 and 3.2 in 30 minutes

DM gets .7 and 2.7 in 34 minutes

Dante does contest more shots than they do. He's playing basketball with his hands in his pockets.

Here is fundamentally poor defensive awareness by Exum. Things like that would drive any coach mental, no wonder he gets yanked after couple mistakes like that

Dante recovers .2 defensive loose balls and gets .5 deflections in 17 minutes a night.

Dante does contest more shots than they do. He's playing basketball with his hands in his pockets.

My homeboy Niang gets .3 and .6 in 8 minutes... basically when he's on the court he's either touching the ball or grabbing his (he grabs his junk a ton... I've noticed)

He's playing basketball with his hands in his pockets.

I pointed long time ago that the way he keeps his hands while running or defending is just looking bloody awkward. It almost looks like he has some kind of neurologic problem with that. They just so flexed back and look uncoordinated like freaking arm and hand are not in unison and his fingers are all over the place as well.

Here is fundamentally poor defensive awareness by Exum. Things like that would drive any coach mental, no wonder he gets yanked after couple mistakes like that

Why doesn't Rubio get yanked when gets blown by on 5 straight possessions? Cause he's quin's golden child along with Donovan

I'm more concerned with the fact that we get destroyed when Rubio plays his best game of the year or when he is terrible most any other game.

We spend so much time talking about Exum. Reminds me of the days when people whined about CJ Miles.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Contesting shots is going to yield more fouls and fewer opponent turnovers. In fact, I don’t really understand trying to block a mid-range shot or 3. Yeah, get your hands up, but leaving your feet and moving in the direction of the shooter is giving an opportunity to the opposing offense more than it’s preventing it.

I’m not typically a fan of guys gambling for steals, but considering that this team’s bedrock is supposed to be rim-protection, that provides an opportunity to play disruptive defense.

Again, Dante Exum just isn’t particularly skilled at or intelligent about basketball. He’s sure fast at not being particularly skilled or intelligent about basketball, though.

Reactions: MVP
This is getting old. The reason people are so upset is cause he hasn't turned into a star... He's the only chance Utah has to be a real star. He has so much to get better at. But all the tools are there. So why not support the guy on the team with the most God given gifts. Cause if he gets it right he'll be scary. Donovan is to small....

This is getting old. The reason people are so upset is cause he hasn't turned into a star... He's the only chance Utah has to be a real star. He has so much to get better at. But all the tools are there. So why not support the guy on the team with the most God given gifts. Cause if he gets it right he'll be scary. Donovan is to small....
Exum has 0 star potential.

His potential is an OK starter if he ever develops a decent spot-up 3.

Anyone ever wonder why point guards have a knack for stealing the ball? They have a tendency to see plays before they happen, that’s what makes them point guards.

Dante doesn’t do that. Because he doesn’t see the game that way. And he’s not a great dribbler. Or shooter.

Not since the NBA created the rookie-scale contract has a player been paid more for unproven potential than Dante Exum.

I’m upset he gets a spot in the rotation and $11 million a year and isn’t good. The only reason he gets that is because the Jazz drafted him to be a star and they don’t want to let go of the dream.