What's new

Dante Exum Averages .2 Steals Per Game

I’m upset he gets a spot in the rotation and $11 million a year and isn’t good. The only reason he gets that is because the Jazz drafted him to be a star and they don’t want to let go of the dream.
I don't think that's true. It's what some fans think, but I think Utah's expectations for him are probably pretty measured.

He's the only chance Utah has to be a real star.
We have real stars in Rudy and Donovan. Exum will never be a star, stop smoking good stuff. Saer Sene had much better "God given tools" tools than both Exum and Rudy Gobert combined.... he was just not good at playing basketball and never even turned into a decent rotation player... Ingles on the other hand has basically no "God given tools" yet he is 100X player Exum will ever be.

Anyone with his speed and athleticism has star potential!
If he was an elite finisher through contact, sure.

If he had any off the dribble shooting ability, maybe.

If he could even hit a spot-up shot, then there is a small chance.

He doesnt have any of that though, so I'm not seeing it.

I don't think that's true. It's what some fans think, but I think Utah's expectations for him are probably pretty measured.
Paying $11 million for this makes no sense and the only saving grace on that decision is that Exum has room to significantly improve.

I don’t see it. Sometimes guys are just specimens trying to be good at something they don’t have serious talent for.

Reactions: MVP
If he was an elite finisher through contact, sure.

If he had any off the dribble shooting ability, maybe.

If he could even hit a spot-up shot, then there is a small chance.

He doesnt have any of that though, so I'm not seeing it.
I agree with everything you said

Paying $11 million for this makes no sense and the only saving grace on that decision is that Exum has room to significantly improve.

I don’t see it. Sometimes guys are just specimens trying to be good at something they don’t have serious talent for.
I get why they signed him to that deal. 11 million isnt outrageous. It's a tradeable contract. He did about as good a job on Harden as I've ever seen in the playoffs.

I just wish he could evolve into more than just a specialty type player.

I get why they signed him to that deal. 11 million isnt outrageous. It's a tradeable contract. He did about as good a job on Harden as I've ever seen in the playoffs.

I just wish he could evolve into more than just a specialty type player.
If the Jazz are serious about contention, they cannot be paying specialty players $11 million a year, especially in offseasons where they can have a bunch of cap space.

Good thing for the Jazz that it looks like that potential cap space won’t mean anything.

If the Jazz are serious about contention, they cannot be paying specialty players $11 million a year, especially in offseasons where they can have a bunch of cap space.

Good thing for the Jazz that it looks like that potential cap space won’t mean anything.
I think it would be fairly easy to trade Exum to a team for expiring contracts if they really wanted to.

can't we just wait and let the dude develop over the next few years. He's so freaking inexperienced

I would love to see / know what he does in practices.

The reason the jazz signed him for that cause he's a special athlete. They're hoping he develops. Simple

The reason the jazz signed him for that cause he's a special athlete. They're hoping he develops. Simple

there are tons of players in the NBA who are talented athletes. Like you got 4-5 players on a roster who are athletic as heck but never blossom into a good player.

Reactions: MVP
there are tons of players in the NBA who are talented athletes. Like you got 4-5 players on a roster who are athletic as heck but never blossom into a good player.
But for his height his speed is unmatched. I'm not saying he's going to work it out but if he does then watch out