What's new

Dante has been out forever because he ded

we all do, the problem is he hasn't shown anything yet worthy of a top 5 pick or his contract. hence the hate.
Well honestly, he was the best player the Jazz would have picked at #5. I would rather have a questionable Dante Exum at #5 than Julius Randall or a flopping extraordinaire Marcus Smart.

No one could have predicted that Nikola Jokic , Zac Lavine or any other surprises would have happened when the draft was happening. I still like the slim chance Dante turns into a star against the other players the Jazz would have likely taken.

You start back over at the beginning. And we start hearing "look he's only 33, he has so much potential. Didn't you see those 4 games before he ruptured his clavicle how he got some layups and defended that one guy once? He's obviously a super-star, we just need to see him healthy to have him dominate."
Ruptured clavicle

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well honestly, he was the best player the Jazz would have picked at #5. I would rather have a questionable Dante Exum at #5 than Julius Randall or a flopping extraordinaire Marcus Smart.

No one could have predicted that Nikola Jokic , Zac Lavine or any other surprises would have happened when the draft was happening. I still like the slim chance Dante turns into a star against the other players the Jazz would have likely taken.

he's played about 200 games in his career w/ ~ 20 min/game average and putting up a paltry 6 points 2 reb and 2 ast per game on 40/30/77 shooting splits. for a #5 pick. marcus smart, lavine, gary harris, bogdanovic, and even shabazz napier were all chosen after him. then of course there are busts/later picks in stauskas, eflrid payton, james young, tyler ennis, jordan adams, and pj hairston. yes for the most part the guards in this draft sucked, but the ones who have sucked have bounced around or are out of the league. yet somehow dante not only got a nice contract from utah in which they basically outbid themselves, but lindsey held onto him preventing the conley trade. he has aloooooot to prove himself worthy of that contract/not being traded.

he's played about 200 games in his career w/ ~ 20 min/game average and putting up a paltry 6 points 2 reb and 2 ast per game on 40/30/77 shooting splits. for a #5 pick. marcus smart, lavine, gary harris, bogdanovic, and even shabazz napier were all chosen after him. then of course there are busts/later picks in stauskas, eflrid payton, james young, tyler ennis, jordan adams, and pj hairston. yes for the most part the guards in this draft sucked, but the ones who have sucked have bounced around or are out of the league. yet somehow dante not only got a nice contract from utah in which they basically outbid themselves, but lindsey held onto him preventing the conley trade. he has aloooooot to prove himself worthy of that contract/not being traded.
How many times have I said. He's never had a chance to play his game. First year he played in the corner the whole time. Second year got injured. 3rd year Hayward kept him on the bench the whole year cause he wanted shelving Mack playing FML. That worked out well and whenever he did play he was in the corner. Last year got injured again but whenever he played he stood in the corner. But whenever he's played he's had stellar defense. The only time U have seen him play his game was before he got injured where he played his best. Blame the coach

Woah woah woah... dont get me wrong, I think Dante is a bust. I'm just saying, he was the right pick for the Jazz to pick at that time. Obviously if we all had 20/20 vision there are a number of players I would have picked besides Dante.

Woah woah woah... dont get me wrong, I think Dante is a bust. I'm just saying, he was the right pick for the Jazz to pick at that time. Obviously if we all had 20/20 vision there are a number of players I would have picked besides Dante.

fair enough, but i still don't think he was the right choice. a frail (and still frail)18 yr old who got unwarranted hype playing nobodies. his agent must've been a phenomenal salesman.

How many times have I said. He's never had a chance to play his game. First year he played in the corner the whole time. Second year got injured. 3rd year Hayward kept him on the bench the whole year cause he wanted shelving Mack playing FML. That worked out well and whenever he did play he was in the corner. Last year got injured again but whenever he played he stood in the corner. But whenever he's played he's had stellar defense. The only time U have seen him play his game was before he got injured where he played his best. Blame the coach

he'll never be able to play his game with the jazz then if this is your opinion. even then, he should've shown more than he has.

Promise ?? We might miss you at first but we’ll be ok. Safe travels

I say this about Dante's career. Fans like you better hope and pray he pans out because he hasn't thus far. But he should be thankful to his fans like you who are in denial. But hey he plays great d against Harden

Last edited: