What's new

David Aldridge Adament on Millsap/Hamilton

AKistheFEARFACTOR

On NBA TV draft review. Made me think if this was the possible rumored scenario of Utah getting the 8th for Knight. Whats Detroits need for him when they have Stuckey? Or can same be said of Utah with Harris?

Millsap + Bell + Future 1st ( GSW/UTA/NJN )
for
Hamilton + Knight

I dont know much of Detroit's situation. Can Monroe play some Center?

Seems solid for both squads. We get a veteran 2/3. Let young players develop and have 2 of 3 GSW/UTA/NJN pick next year... bash away.:eek:

We don't have a New Jersey pick next year, we just have ours and Golden State's. I would probably do this though.

I really like this trade, but I think its mostly because I sold myself on Brandon Knight before the trade. I would probably do it if our draft pick that we send them is lottery protected.

So we would trade Sap/Bell/ and a pick for Old Man Richard Hamilton and Brandon Knight? No thanks. That deal would be terrible for us. Hamilton is way overpaid.

I'm one of the biggest Sap supporters on the board, but getting Knight would just be awesome. How bad is Hamilton's contract? Doesn't Bell have 2 years 10 million left on his?

Doesn't seem that good of a trade to me.

Agreed. We would be doing the Pistons a favor by giving them a weapon in Sap and in the process relieving them of Richard Hamilton's ridiculous contract. Oh, but we would be also giving up another pick and getting Knight... No thanks. I like Knight, but that is ridiculous.

Hamilton is set to make 12.6 million for the next 2 years. Thats a tough contract to swallow. Plus Milsap is a much better player. I like Knight and would love to get rid of Bell. But this trade really doesn't help us. Except if Knight becomes great that is.

Last edited:
I want to get Knight but that is a very high price. If the Jazz do not get to the playoffs next year and the GSW do decent then the Jazz would have another two Lottery picks and that could land us a PG as well.

Hamilton is set to make 12.6 million for the next 3 years. Thats a tough contract to swallow. Plus Milsap is a much better player. I like Knight and would love to get rid of Bell. But this trade really doesn't help us. Except if Knight becomes great that is.

Yeah, it would be a risky trade. I would hate to lose Sap too. I'd love Brandon Knight though.

Yeah, I just watched Aldridge talk about Rip Hamilton to the Jazz for Millsap. The above mentioned trade seems like a good trade, except for the pick. I actually feel that Millsap is worth more than Knight alone.

However, Bell isn't really worth that much, so if you go Millsap/Bell for Hamilton/Knight straight up.....man that sounds like it makes a ton of sense.

That leaves us with a damn solid rotation.

1 - Harris/Knight
2 - Hamilton/Burks
3 - Hayward/Miles
4 - Favors/Jefferson
5 - Okur/Kanter

This gives Kanter and Burks plenty of time to get integrated and adjust while giving more minutes to ever crucial Favors. With the addition of Kanter, it also allows Okur some cushion to test the waters to see if he'll ever be able to get back to full health.

Ok, if Hamilton has 25 million left, and Bell has 7 million left we could subtract the amounts (25-7=18). Get what I mean?

Yeah I looked at one that was still had 2010-11 payroll on it. It is 2 years $25 million. That changes it a little for me. That mean Rip would come of the books the same time as Harris and Jefferson. That gives the Jazz alot of room to sign the young guys and bring in people. And I think Rip still has something left in the tank. Could be a great mentor for Burks. Sap/Bell for Rip/Knight strait up I might be willing to do.