What's new

David Aldridge Adament on Millsap/Hamilton

Why would the Jazz give up a proven piece and a future prospect for a future prospect and an uneeded contract. Makes no sense. If anything, Pistons should be giving the jazz a pick and an unproven player for a proven player in Millsap (I know they'd have to shift some things around for the numbers)

Lol @ you millsap homers.. HE'S. 6'7!!!!!! HE'S. UNDERSIZED! Sure, he's great in some regular season games, but come playoff time he gets rocked by bigger, longer players! Stop being so naive about him being better than al, he's not! He's not quick enough to play sf either, so its time to use him as an asset to aquire a solid wing player.. he's a solid bench player, and nothing more.

Lol @ you millsap homers.. HE'S. 6'7!!!!!! HE'S. UNDERSIZED! Sure, he's great in some regular season games, but come playoff time he gets rocked by bigger, longer players! Stop being so naive about him being better than al, he's not! He's not quick enough to play sf either, so its time to use him as an asset to aquire a solid wing player.. he's a solid bench player, and nothing more.

Millsap has tailed in the playoffs? Jefferson has played in the playoffs? Another homerun anti milsap argument.

Jazz should go and get Pavel Podkolzine. He is so tall.

Okay - better interior defense AND offense. Wow.. look at that! A big who's better at the two things you want him to do. Is that okay for you? Millsaps heart/work ethic is only good enough to get him so far in this league man. We have seen his peak, and than the slow regression over the lapse of the season due to bigger players wearing him down. Can you explain why you'd rather have an undersized tweener who plays just as bad d as boozer over jefferso. Who was avereging 2 blocks per game?

Okay - better interior defense AND offense. Wow.. look at that! A big who's better at the two things you want him to do. Is that okay for you? Millsaps heart/work ethic is only good enough to get him so far in this league man. We have seen his peak, and than the slow regression over the lapse of the season due to bigger players wearing him down. Can you explain why you'd rather have an undersized tweener who plays just as bad d as boozer over jefferso. Who was avereging 2 blocks per game?

If you're such a numbers man, tell me how Jefferson is better than average at anything. Tell me how many games a year his team's win. Most importantly, tell me how the team plays with him on the court and off.

A post-game that doesn't involve court-vision is toxic (besides not getting to the line much and being horrible at the pick and roll).

here are some numbers for you:

The good thing is, at 26 years old, Jefferson is still relatively young. That said, he'll need all the time he can get to reverse the harrowing trends. Jefferson had the worst defensive on-court/off-court differential in the NBA this past season, as the Utah Jazz hemorrhaged 111.8 points per 100 possessions with him on the court and just 103 points with him sitting.

Individually, his counterpart on the opposing team has beaten up on him all season. The average player in the NBA has a 15 PER, but power forwards against Jefferson have posted a 24.4 PER. Centers against Jefferson? 16.6. All the post moves in the world won't do a thing to mitigate his matador act on the other side of the floor.

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&id=6436240

It would be sad if all we could get for Millsap is Hamilton. However, I might warm to the idea if we traded Millsap for Hamilton and Jonas Jerebko.

Sap + Bell + a future second for Hamilton and Knight.

Detroit wants to save money now. This deal would save them 2.5m on Hamilton's contract, plus the money for Knight.

OR

Sap + Memo for Hamilton + Knight

Or

Sap + Future 2nd rounder for Knight + Maxiell

Sap + Bell + a future second for Hamilton and Knight.

Detroit wants to save money now. This deal would save them 2.5m on Hamilton's contract, plus the money for Knight.

OR

Sap + Memo for Hamilton + Knight

Or

Sap + Future 2nd rounder for Knight + Maxiell
You only do something like this if you have a deal in place to flip Devin Harris for a starting 3. The trade doesn't address any of the Jazz's longterm needs, as Hamilton is in the twilight of his career, and the Jazz have a competent PG (even if I don;t like him that much).

We should trade Jefferson if we want to do this trade. Bring in athletic and powerful guys. You guys act like Rip Hamilton sucks. He doesn't at all. He just doesn't want to play for the Pistons anymore. He's only 33 (not 35) and he is less money than Jefferson. Plus it gives us an automatic upgrade at shooting guard.

Rip is better than Hayward and Burks. If you disagree then you don't know anything about basketball. Burks and Hayward could both learn a lot from arguably one of the best mid range shooters of all time.

With big guys like Favors and Kanter, getting Rip makes the most sense because he can run off screens extremely well. Knight is compared to Chauncey Billups so we could have our next 2004 Pistons team in our hands.

Knight, Rip, Future 1st Rounder (Top 6 protected) for Jefferson, Bell.

Without looking it up does anyone know off hand if all of Hamilton's contract is guaranteed. How about trading Cj instead of giving up the GS pick?

Seriously If we could get Knight and had to take on Hamiltons contract for Millsap, and the G.S. pick I'd do it rather then wait another year for the draft. Let Knight, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter (the future starting 5) have a full year of team chemistry under its belt. Even if they made Utah take Maxiells contract it would still be worth it. Knight, Hamilton, Maxiell for Okur, Millsap, Bell.

Seriously If we could get Knight and had to take on Hamiltons contract for Millsap, and the G.S. pick I'd do it rather then wait another year for the draft. Let Knight, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter (the future starting 5) have a full year of team chemistry under its belt. Even if they made Utah take Maxiells contract it would still be worth it. Knight, Hamilton, Maxiell for Okur, Millsap, Bell.

My only worry is that we would be way to young, to a fault. I think you still need strong veterans in the locker room like Millsap.