What's new

David Aldridge Adament on Millsap/Hamilton

Ok, if Hamilton has 25 million left, and Bell has 7 million left we could subtract the amounts (25-7=18). Get what I mean?

Yeah I looked at one that was still had 2010-11 payroll on it. It is 2 years $25 million. That changes it a little for me. That mean Rip would come of the books the same time as Harris and Jefferson. That gives the Jazz alot of room to sign the young guys and bring in people. And I think Rip still has something left in the tank. Could be a great mentor for Burks. Sap/Bell for Rip/Knight strait up I might be willing to do.

Ok, if Hamilton has 25 million left, and Bell has 7 million left we could subtract the amounts (25-7=18). Get what I mean?

Would you seriously even want Rip Hamilton at 18 million over the next 2 years? I certainly wouldn't. This isn't 2004. This deal would be flat out terrible and I am not a Smell fan at all.

A straight up Hamilton for Millsap trade would be the dumbest thing in the world and I would personally drive to Utah to slap KOC in the face.

Thats all he said. It was really him just saying rip is a match made in heaven for us. Therevwas no speculation, but he said milsap needs to be moved.

A straight up Hamilton for Millsap trade would be the dumbest thing in the world and I would personally drive to Utah to slap KOC in the face.

He was just saying Hamilton would fit in great and the Pistons need a good PF. He didn't spend that much time on it, but yes he did think Rip would help. I wouldn't do Hamilton for Millsap straight-up. KOC wouldn't do that either, but I do like the idea of Knight and Bell in the mix.

we do have an opening at the coach-killer position now that Deron is gone.

While I did laugh at that comment becuase there's truth to it, Deron's resume is better than Rip's though as a coach-killer. Running out the longest tenured Coach at any single franchise in professional sports is a tad much when comparing the two.

You wonder if a change of location would energize the old fart Rip.....pun intended.

It was just an idea by Aldridge. No substance to this actually happening. Millsap is a solid starter. But the reason I included the pick was I do not know if Detroit would entertain the idea of giving up a 19 year old without a possible prospect in return. Even with the pick I still think its a good idea. Millsap is definitely one of those guys that can help the young bigs and if he can play SF next year than he's probably worth keeping. I expect him to continue to work on his jumper and forcing the other forwards to play him deep, opening the inside. But like a Beasley or a Williams he isnt athletic as other 3s (Beasley/Williams even on the more hybrid end) to guard them. Knight could mold until Harris' contract is up. Even with the pick i like the deal.

Millsap is worth more than Knight. Millsap is a solid contributor and a starter on a lot of teams including ours right now. Hamilton is worth negative trade. Detroit has to pay for him to leave. So this trade is awful. I love Knight and want him but not this. Maybe if Pistons threw in next years 1st unprotected and they took back bell.

I am glad you aren't our GM.

Sorry, let me correct myself. Jefferson and OTHER trash for Rip and Knight.

One of these seasons, Al is going to help a team win. Maybe it's season 8. Also, one of these seasons, Miles is going to finally get it together and be an all-star. He does have TALENT after all.

Randolph finally got it. I like that al has size to play 4 and 5. Milsap is a tweener. Very good player, but if i had to give up one or the other iam sticking with size and moving milsap.

Randolph finally got it. I like that al has size to play 4 and 5. Milsap is a tweener. Very good player, but if i had to give up one or the other iam sticking with size and moving milsap.

Keep Millsap and get rid of Jefferson. I am not a Jefferson hater but between his contract and others hard work(Millsap) and others being young players Jefferson seems like the most logical choice to get rid of.

My concern with obtaining Rip is more than just his contract. Rip, Bell, Hayward, Burks. There's only so much minutes at the 1/2/3 and only so many for these guys at the 1 or the 3. In other words, these guys are all 2's imo and acquiring Rip would cut into Hayward and Burks' development for not only this year but next barring a trade.

Millsap for Hamilton makes zero sense.