What's new

David Aldridge Adament on Millsap/Hamilton

Rip is better than Hayward and Burks. If you disagree then you don't know anything about basketball. Burks and Hayward could both learn a lot from arguably one of the best mid range shooters of all time.

If we disagree it means we've watched basketball since 2004.

On NBA TV draft review. Made me think if this was the possible rumored scenario of Utah getting the 8th for Knight. Whats Detroits need for him when they have Stuckey? Or can same be said of Utah with Harris?

Millsap + Bell + Future 1st ( GSW/UTA/NJN )
for
Hamilton + Knight

I dont know much of Detroit's situation. Can Monroe play some Center?

Seems solid for both squads. We get a veteran 2/3. Let young players develop and have 2 of 3 GSW/UTA/NJN pick next year... bash away.:eek:

Reports are that Detroit are trying to trade Stuckey. They are not happy with his performance and attitude thus they were happy to get Knight at the eight pick. I doubt they would trade us Knight.

Yeah 2004 when Burks was 12 and Hayward was 14.

Watch the games. Hamilton's best days are long behind him. You probably wanted the Jazz to pick up Morris Peterson a few years ago based on what he had done 2 years previous. Hamilton would be a similar type of pick up. We already have Bell who was once pretty good.

Why would we trade Millsap to Detroit when we have the room to take Hamilton for Memo? This save Detroit $3M this year and then Memo's contract expires. Does this make too much sense? I'd do it.

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2eg2pku

I'd try to get them to take Raja in the deal, but if they said no, then whatever.

Harris/Watson (re-sign this dude)
Hamilton/Burks
Hayward/CJ
Millsap/Favors
Jefferson/Kanter

That's pretty damn solid, actually. If Hamilton had a good year and was a positive locker-room presence, then I'd expect this team to get a 6-8 seed next year and then threaten for home court advantage the year afterward.

Why would we trade Millsap to Detroit when we have the room to take Hamilton for Memo? This save Detroit $3M this year and then Memo's contract expires. Does this make too much sense? I'd do it.

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2eg2pku

I'd try to get them to take Raja in the deal, but if they said no, then whatever.

Harris/Watson (re-sign this dude)
Hamilton/Burks
Hayward/CJ
Millsap/Favors
Jefferson/Kanter

That's pretty damn solid, actually. If Hamilton had a good year and was a positive locker-room presence, then I'd expect this team to get a 6-8 seed next year and then threaten for home court advantage the year afterward.

can I get an amen on this? some disagreement? anybody think Detroit will get better offers?... that is some serious salary relief for a player they'd rather not put on the floor ever again.

can I get an amen on this? some disagreement? anybody think Detroit will get better offers?... that is some serious salary relief for a player they'd rather not put on the floor ever again.

Hamilton is owed 9 (guaranteed) million the year after next. That's way too much money to have committed to him going into a more restrictive CBA. All deals for Hamilton are bad.

Hamilton is owed 9 (guaranteed) million the year after next. That's way too much money to have committed to him going into a more restrictive CBA. All deals for Hamilton are bad.

sincere questions:
isn't it likely that the new CBA will have an introductory period?
do you think that Hamilton can be an efficient 17ppg scorer? (I'm trying to justify the price).

With just two years left, if he can still bring efficiency and leadership and the new CBA doesn't punch the organization in the balls financially, then I haven't been dissuaded from this deal.

sincere questions:
isn't it likely that the new CBA will have an introductory period?
do you think that Hamilton can be an efficient 17ppg scorer? (I'm trying to justify the price).

With just two years left, if he can still bring efficiency and leadership and the new CBA doesn't punch the organization in the balls financially, then I haven't been dissuaded from this deal.

A) Why would any team plan on the uncertain terms of a hoped for introductory period, and B) isn't 9 million (if you cut him) or 12.6 million (if you keep him) a huge misallocation of dollars that could go to other free agents in year 2?

A) Why would any team plan on the uncertain terms of a hoped for introductory period, and B) isn't 9 million (if you cut him) or 12.6 million (if you keep him) a huge misallocation of dollars that could go to other free agents in year 2?

(A)Sorry, I wasn't saying that the Jazz should pull off the deal and keep their fingers crossed for an introductory period; wait for a new deal, and if the penalties/caps/etc aren't bad, then strongly consider this trade

(B)This is an open question. If he can help take this team to the second or third round of the playoffs in that year and bring leadership throughout, then is the price tag worth it? Mind you, I'm under no illusions that the Jazz will contend while he is on the books with this current deal. But, players learn and develop by winning, and he's done that + he fills a need.

(A)Sorry, I wasn't saying that the Jazz should pull off the deal and keep their fingers crossed for an introductory period; wait for a new deal, and if the penalties/caps/etc aren't bad, then strongly consider this trade

(B)This is an open question. If he can help take this team to the second or third round of the playoffs in that year and bring leadership throughout, then is the price tag worth it? Mind you, I'm under no illusions that the Jazz will contend while he is on the books with this current deal. But, players learn and develop by winning, and he's done that + he fills a need.

Put it another way. A restrictive CBA means two things: 1) All salaries will be reduced across the board. 2) By consequence, Hamilton's 12.6 million dollar salary in year 2 is effectively that of a MAX player. Do you want to be paying Hamilton a MAX deal when you could theoretically put that money toward an actual MAX player?

Put it another way. A restrictive CBA means two things: 1) All salaries will be reduced across the board. 2) By consequence, Hamilton's 12.6 million dollar salary in year 2 is effectively that of a MAX player. Do you want to be paying Hamilton a MAX deal when you could theoretically put that money toward an actual MAX player?

when we're talking hypothetically, i.e. Rip as a max player vs. prototypical max player, then it doesn't look very good. And, I'll admit, it's far from ideal.

I'd have to take a look at potential free agents for that year before I could give you an honest answer. Perhaps I'm just too stung by the reality of rooting for a small market team to hold out for prototypical max player and therefore find this argument less consequential than if, say, I were a Laker fan.

when we're talking hypothetically, i.e. Rip as a max player vs. prototypical max player, then it doesn't look very good. And, I'll admit, it's far from ideal.

I'd have to take a look at potential free agents for that year before I could give you an honest answer. Perhaps I'm just too stung by the reality of rooting for a small market team to hold out for prototypical max player and therefore find this argument less consequential than if, say, I were a Laker fan.

It doesn't matter if it's a MAX player. In two years, under a new CBA, 12.6 million is an exorbitant salary. 6 million could likely get you a player twice as good as Rip. And you could get two of those if you had that Cap Space (although it isn't likely we would have it as the Cap lowers.)

It doesn't matter if it's a MAX player. In two years, under a new CBA, 12.6 million is an exorbitant salary. 6 million could likely get you a player twice as good as Rip. And you could get two of those if you had that Cap Space (although it isn't likely we would have it as the Cap lowers.)

As usual, solid points. repp'd