What's new

David Locke

Amen. And IMO the same is true with Boler and Harp. Never have understood the hate on this board for our announcers.

Despite their flaws, and most home team broadcasters have them, they make their broadcasts fun and are not obnoxious homers like so many others.

I like our announcers. Boler can be annoying from lack of hoops knowledge, but hey, we all have flat spots. Ron Boone is a guy I'd love to have a beer with. So down to earth and intuitive. He lacks the analytical edge, but I that is not his role. Gotta respect that the guy spent years around the game and could flat out hoop.

Jazz do a good job hiring nice, decent and likable people. Locke can be a bit abrasive and I agree he was kinda rude in the podcast covered earlier. But we all have bad moments and bad days. Dude has passion, energy and intellect, so I cut him some slack.

This is why I posted about why I enjoy the SLC Punks podcast. No shilling, fairly good information, tell it like it is. Salt City Hoops is pretty good too. Both agree Dante should have played more fwiw

Just don't tell that to "Miss Turkey"...

Love Locke. He made jazz fanz think much deeper into the game and numbers.

Hate Brown. Glad he is not showing broadcasting or taking live interviews at all now

Listen other team voices they are pathetic hommers with no undrstanding the roster sets or team directions. Changing shoes every proadcast. Sick.

This is why I posted about why I enjoy the SLC Punks podcast. No shilling, fairly good information, tell it like it is. Salt City Hoops is pretty good too. Both agree Dante should have played more fwiw

Dante was given more than adequate opportunities to both prove himself and develop and he didn't step up. Hope that is different this year. Time for him to buck up.

I like our announcers. Boler can be annoying from lack of hoops knowledge, but hey, we all have flat spots. Ron Boone is a guy I'd love to have a beer with. So down to earth and intuitive. He lacks the analytical edge, but I that is not his role. Gotta respect that the guy spent years around the game and could flat out hoop.

Jazz do a good job hiring nice, decent and likable people. Locke can be a bit abrasive and I agree he was kinda rude in the podcast covered earlier. But we all have bad moments and bad days. Dude has passion, energy and intellect, so I cut him some slack.

I usually try to listen to the other team's feeds during games. Boler is a moron. He has a great voice, but hasn't even learned the difference between a bounce pass and a skip pass. And his attempts at being the next Chris Berman with the clever nicknames are pathetic. I hate listening to him and Harpring banter on about some completely unrelated topic, with the camera focusing on the two, as they miss the play behind them. We want to see and hear about the GAME, not the two of you.

Love Boone, but he struggles with his words. The pace of the game - even at Utah's plodding speed - is faster than he can formulate and articulate his thoughts. He'd probably be better in Thurl's role.

Locke is many times just a company shill. He's intelligent and passionate; he's just not completely independent. And, IMO, he'll formulate an opinion (which at times I think is the company line) and then go cherry-pick stats to back up that conclusion. His voice does grate, but at least he knows his stuff.

You're probably too young to remember Hot Rod or Chick Hearn. Listening to those guys on radio was almost like being there.

Truth. I didn't have TV when I was growing up in the 90s but I became a huge Jazz fan listening to Hot Rod call the games.