What's new

Game Thread Dec 10, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 12-10-22

looks like injuries are starting to take their toll on the team it's time to make some trades and tank to add some real talent through the draft untouchables kessler,sexton,lauri maybe vanderbilt the rest trade for assets

I would say the only untouchables should be Lauri and Kessler. Everyone else can be had for the right price.

looks like injuries are starting to take their toll on the team it's time to make some trades and tank to add some real talent through the draft untouchables kessler,sexton,lauri maybe vanderbilt the rest trade for assets
Takes two teams to make a trade. The Jazz will have more leverage at the deadline when teams who really want to improve are looking to buy

Hardy will be fired in 2years.
We are playing with other teams cast-offs and rookies. We don’t have an all star on the team. Maybe Lauri will make it this season but he’s averaged under 15 points the past 3 seasons. I think Hardy has done a pretty good job with what he has and has coached them up very well

Sloan would be playing the Hell out of Kessler.
Kessler would hardly if ever see the floor under Sloan. And Gay would be getting 30+ minutes. Same with Kelly O. And he would never rest Conley without doctors orders. And with the current state of officiating Sloan would get ejected every other game.

Kessler would hardly if ever see the floor under Sloan. And Gay would be getting 30+ minutes. Same with Kelly O. And he would never rest Conley without doctors orders. And with the current state of officiating Sloan would get ejected every other game.

Yep. Facts.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Our backups performed admirably. Few thoughts:
- We lost because our short-handed team couldnt close the game. We were inefficient from the field in the 4th and didnt get to the foul line.
- The refs also gave charity stripe to just 1 team towards the end. I was surprised no one here called it out.... but they definitely won from the FT line while we couldnt buy a shot foul.
- THT is likely on his way out of the guard rotation, barring additional injuries. He is a bad shooter and still takes stupid low% shots. Then towards the end of this game, where he needs to worry about KO, Beasley or NAW getting clutch shots, he instead took his own. He needs to sit.
- No one was able to contain Jokic, but then again thats not a Jazz problem. Kelly didnt look as bad as he usually does on D.
- While I love Kessler, I didnt enjoy the few minutes he spent on Jokic. Joker just went at him. That being said, he was better than Vando innthis game by far and should have had more minutes.

THT had an amazing game if you take out the 1-7 from the line. Thats way too many attempts. Plus he had the ultimate tank shot with like 30 seconds left that i dont think even hit rim.

All in all he pretty awesome though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Its crazy that Hardy still wont use Kessler more. He has been very good for so many ganes now. Our defense is ridiculously bad. We were playing freaking jokic who is a giant. We were short handed. Vando and KO were in foul trouble. Kessler had another really good night: 4-6 for 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, only 2 fouls and highest plus/minus on the team. Looking at all that data i would think kessler probably played a season high in minutes. Maybe 35 or something.
Only gets 22 minutes.

He was on the injured list the past two games at least.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
Thanks for the update JG! I’ve yet to see him on the Jazz bench which surprised me considering his impact in SL. Talk at the time was like how did this kid go undrafted. Recruited to Kentucky, transferred to UCLA, third team All American, made the Final Four. What’s not to like right?

We watched him play, that's how.

I rarely saw him play before last night. I didnt watch him prior to the jazz so dont know if he got lots of opportunities then but since he has been with the jazz he hasnt played much.
He played in 15 games for the jazz prior to this year. Averaged under 10 minutes per game. Probably all garbage time minutes.

Last edited: