What's new

Denmark becomes 4th country in Europe to ban full face coverings in public places

Yes thank you for admitting that you were trolling.

I don't recall doing so, and looking back, did not. I only assumed you were trolling because the alternative was that your posts were staggeringly stupid, and I chose what I thought was the kinder option.

Reactions: MVP
I don't recall doing so, and looking back, did not. I only assumed you were trolling because the alternative was that your posts were staggeringly stupid, and I chose what I thought was the kinder option.

Petty petty

Petty petty

Perhaps saying it is, although my posting should have made it clear that was my opinion.

I don't notice you proclaiming any disdain over any of the insults previously directed at me. Is that because you think better or worse of me?

OB is one of the top posters on here. Not his fault fish is taking it personally and is being super defensive about his penis. I'm circumcised too, and I'm not acting like someone insulted my mom or some ****.

OB is one of the top posters on here. Not his fault fish is taking it personally and is being super defensive about his penis. I'm circumcised too, and I'm not acting like someone insulted my mom or some ****.

Siro, thank you for the kind words, but I'm sure I can be even better, and I am genuinely interested in Stoked's take (if he prefers PM, that's fine as well).

against

Old barbaric ritual

Baby comes into the world and starts gets mutilated, probably think he just incarnated into hell

We subconsciously remember that and good things even like our first steps and first successess, most forget but subcon remembers, pain scars physically and emotionally

Having said that I knew an old man who had to get it done later in life

I love how this thread about women's rights turned into a thread about male parts. Men are so predictable. ;) And yes, I get that men are the majority around here so their issues are the most likely to be discussed. But it is funny.

I wish governments didn't make decisions for all people based on fear of other races, religions, cultures.

The false equivalencies being drawn between female and male circumcision in this thread are frankly goebbelsian. One poses long term detrimental negative health impacts— the other doesn’t, plain and simple.

Many body-altering cultural practices are permitted— not all are covered as public health care expenses, mind you (a separate issue entirely) but there is zero reported negative physiological and psychological impacts for the procedure.

There *are* studies that show a benefit, but it’s considered so small that physicians don’t recommend it as “routine practice” which is what the paediatric guidelines you see are referring to.

Clipped earlobes are a much more prominent physical alteration that is much more easily stigmatized.

Nobody takes away rights from the boys to get it done when they reach proper age to give informed consent. Now it is forced upon them by their parents. Same like religion. But the difference is I was raised and forced to be a catholic, but when I grew up and made my own research and developed understanding about it I had a perfectly easy choice to become an atheist. Circumcised boys on the other hand have limited chance to get it restored - both non surgical or surgical methods will never lead it to pre-circumcision status.

Imagine wanting to restore your foreskin. Lmao.

Do you know lots of circumcised boys that are trying to get their foreskins back? I have never met anyone who is circumcised and is all upset about it. Pretty sure I never will.
I also have never met an uncircumcised person who is unhappy about it.

I’m think almost 100% of people are ok either way. It’s really a non issue imo.

Bang on. To me the issue has always been a dog-whistle

The false equivalencies being drawn between female and male circumcision in this thread are frankly goebbelsian. One poses long term detrimental negative health impacts— the other doesn’t, plain and simple.

Many body-altering cultural practices are permitted— not all are covered as public health care expenses, mind you (a separate issue entirely) but there is zero reported negative physiological and psychological impacts for the procedure.

There *are* studies that show a benefit, but it’s considered so small that physicians don’t recommend it as “routine practice” which is what the paediatric guidelines you see are referring to.

Clipped earlobes are a much more prominent physical alteration that is much more easily stigmatized.

I never equated the two. I gave it as an example of a practice that most people find unacceptable, to demonstrate the limits of patental rights as an argument.

Obviously female circumcision is far far worse.

I never equated the two. I gave it as an example of a practice that most people find unacceptable, to demonstrate the limits of patental rights as an argument.

Obviously female circumcision is far far worse.

Was referring to another post m’luv

Imagine wanting to restore your foreskin. Lmao.

Not as funny as you would think, tons of information on both surgical and non surgical methods....Here is topic for you to dig deeper. Maybe you will become famous foreskin restoration surgeon one day?

I think you are being a bit biased or uninformed. Both short term and long term side physiological effects from circumcision is widely described and reported. There is as well widely documented psychological impact as well - thus a need for foreskin restoration surgery.

"Conclusions • Neonatal circumcision is an unnecessary and destructive surgical procedure which has long term adverse effects, including reduction in sexual sensation and a negative impact on psychological/emotional well-being."
https://epublications.bond.edu.au/c...&httpsredir=1&article=1014&context=greg_boyle
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13642987.2016.1260007?journalCode=fjhr20
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/moral-landscapes/201501/circumcision-s-psychological-damage

What are the long-term health effects of Type IV, which is the rough equivalent of male circumcision, that are different from the effects of male circumcision? Here's web page to help out:

http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/fgm/health_consequences_fgm/en/

From what I can see, all the side effects of Type IV also apply to male circumcision. So, if your objection is based on health effects, I'm sure you are as in favor of Type IV for females as you are for males. My guess is that you are still opposed to Type IV procedures.

Did someone put forth clipping earlobes as a good idea? I don't recall anyone else mentioning earlobes, and all I said was that people who practiced it as a religious tradition would defend it.

Perhaps saying it is, although my posting should have made it clear that was my opinion.

I don't notice you proclaiming any disdain over any of the insults previously directed at me. Is that because you think better or worse of me?

Maybe, just maybe, I didn’t see them.

/gasp