What's new

Denmark becomes 4th country in Europe to ban full face coverings in public places

The intention of female circumcision is to remove the woman's ability to enjoy sex. Whether that is beneficial, I'll leave to the reader to decide.

I don’t see how that’s beneficial so no, I don’t think it should be done.

I wasn’t comparing disfigurement to circumcision. You did that.
MVP was saying we shouldn’t do things to babies without consent. Maybe that baby would prefer to keep the disfigurement if allowed to choose but never got the chance.

Then they can make that decision when they're old enough to do so. You would think "you shouldn't cut off a normal part of a baby's body just because other people do it" to be as simple a position to understand as it gets.

Reactions: MVP
Do you know lots of circumcised boys that are trying to get their foreskins back?

I don't know any as I was growing up among 100% uncircumcised boys. But this article says there are more than you would probably think.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3255154/

"Some men, including Griffiths, restore their prepuce to improve their sex lives, hoping the glans of their penises will become more sensitive once it is covered. Others do it for emotional reasons, wanting to get back what they believe was wrongly taken from them as infants.

“A good portion of them are extremely angry at doctors and hospitals and their parents,” Griffiths says."

Last edited:

Neither is male circumcision. In fact, it had disappeared from the West by the 1800s, before anti-masturbation groups brought it back into fashion in the US (and only in the US).

Females get circumcised?
I wish I would have had that info when my daughter was born. I would love to have my daughter have things done that make her better in every way.

source.gif

UNICEF estimated in 2016 that 200 million women living today in 30 countries—27 African countries, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistanand Yemen—have undergone the procedure.

But people who do that think it is beneficial because it teaches modesty, purity and beauty. How is that our business to ban it then?

In the US, we don't. It falls off on it's own. Try again.

What if we have some nutcase argue that a penis foreskin is just like a disfigurement? Should we continue to allow them to post?

Except we do cut it. Without the baby’s consent.

Anyone else get this Meet Black Girls ad? The girl in the pic isn’t even attractive. Looks ghetto as ****. **** man. If you’re gonna run an ad trying to get me to sucker up some monthly charge to scout out black talent that doesn’t exist because it’s just site created profiles, then at least make that chick look like Lacey Duvalle or Skin Diamond.

There are tons of men who attempt to restore their foreskins. It is indeed an issue for many people, even if it isn't for you.

I'd link you the wikipedia article, but it got peepee pictures in it.
To be fair there are also men who get circumcised as adults.

Neither is male circumcision. In fact, it had disappeared from the West by the 1800s, before anti-masturbation groups brought it back into fashion in the US (and only in the US).

It’s beneficial to me. I like not having foreskin and am thankful that my parents made the decision for me when I was born.

To be fair there are also men who get circumcised as adults.

And that is perfectly fine as they are old enough to make that decision. There is even some women who chose to cut their ****oris ( or undergo any other type of female circumcision) as an adults as well for whatever reasons

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...tal-mutilation-cutting-anthropologist/389640/

"Fuambai Sia Ahmadu
is a Sierra Leonean-American anthropologist. She has worked for UNICEF and the British Medical Research Council in the Gambia.
Ahmadu obtained her PhD in social anthropology from the London School of Economics and undertook post-doctoral work at the Department of Comparative Human Development, University of Chicago.
Ahmadu is known for her work on female genital mutilation (FGM) and, in particular, for her decision as an adult and member of the Kono ethnic group to undergo ****oridectomy in Sierra Leone as part of an initiation into the Bundusecret society. Contrary to the position of the World Health Organization, UNICEF and other UN bodies, she has argued that the health risks of FGM are exaggerated, its effect on women's sexuality misunderstood, and that critics are wrong to see it as an oppressive practice. Ahmadu's view is shared by several other anthropologists, although it remains a minority view."

source.gif

UNICEF estimated in 2016 that 200 million women living today in 30 countries—27 African countries, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistanand Yemen—have undergone the procedure.

I seriously never heard of female circumcision before. I’m shocked that there are that many people who have had it done.

But people who do that think it is beneficial because it teaches modesty, purity and beauty. How is that our business to ban it then?

It’s not my business to ban it. You won’t see me out in the streets protesting it. I can guarantee you that.

It’s not my business to ban it. You won’t see me out in the streets protesting it. I can guarantee you that.
You do not need to do it, it is banned in most of the developed world already. My point was kind of in reply to Stoked who said that it should be none of our business if parents chose to circumcise boys. Yet somehow it is our business and parents can go to jail if they circumcise girls in USA. Where is the line again?

Last edited:
In the Middle East at least, the hijab is very much considered by most to be a mandatory religious rite. Some dispute that, but it is, nonetheless, the view of most people, even those who choose not to wear it. So many girls are either directly forced into wearing it (because many religious Sunni Muslims think that NOT forcing their girls to wear hijab counts as a sin on the parents (God keeps a tally of your good and bad deeds to determine if you're going into heaven)), or indirectly through normal socialization means (you'll go to hell if you don't; you're a whore if you want strangers to find you attractive; hijab maintains a woman's self-respect and dignity; etc). Also, niqab or burqa or whatever you wanna call it is on the rise. Growing up in Jordan, I never saw a woman with her face covered. When I visited a few years ago, it had become somewhat of a common sight. For some Muslims, the hijab is no longer sufficient, and the women are now forced to cover their faces as well.

To me, a burka is a **** "tradition" that barely meets the standards for what is consensual. I don't see why sucking it up and allowing an alien tradition that a society sees as harmful and oppressive is a position worth fighting for. That said, I am sympathetic to Dalamon's argument about alienating Muslims and hardening salafist attitudes. That is a possibility. But it is also unrealistic to expect that level of stoicism and moral relativism in a human society, even if what he's saying is true.

And good job on the **** trophies term. It's hilarious, and I'll be stealing it.

I understand all that which is why I consider it a grey area. Let's compare it to polygamy. I doubt many are morally against consenting adults marrying one man. But where is the line drawn between religious freedom or lifestyle freedom, and over interfering? Out west it's basically "**** it, let's pretend these cults aren't abusing women". I see hijab as the same human rights violation in many scenarios but that can be comparable to many religious dress codes that members gladly accept. Amish, LDS...

The line always has to be drawn somewhere, and where there's smoke there is fire. So I don't blame Europe but I wouldn't approve of it here unless a womans rights issue arises.

And, screw the cult polygamist compound's. Raid 'em all, bust them up and put the families on welfare. They already are anyway.

Except we do cut it. Without the baby’s consent.

bad example anyway.. cut it or not it will dry out and fall off as it served it's function and is not needed anymore. Foreskin though is an important part of males body throughout the whole life.

You do not need to do it, it is banned in most of the developed world already. My point was kind of in reply to Stoked who said that it should be none of our business if parents chose to circumcise boys. Yet somehow it is our business and parents can go to jail if they circumcise girls in USA. Where is the line again?

I'm circumcised and I highly doubt sex could be any better if I wasnt. So my tip gets stimulated by some foreskin instead of the canal? Nah, I'll go with the cleaner option.

Sorry mods, I realize that could be infracted but we are talking human anatomy so I didn't know any polite way of putting it.

I'm circumcised and I highly doubt sex could be any better if I wasnt. So my tip gets stimulated by some foreskin instead of the canal? Nah, I'll go with the cleaner option.

Sorry mods, I realize that could be infracted but we are talking human anatomy so I didn't know any polite way of putting it.
No, you don't understand how foreskin works.