What's new

Deron Williams still loves Utah

The real question will be, will Gordo ever be forgiven?
Honestly, my answer....is hell no. I wasn’t happy with Deron for about the year following the debacle of our franchise. After that, I wanted to see him bounce back and have a very successful career. Deron was moody, but I always liked Deron.

He had some growing up to do....and I think he had that itch to see if the grass was greener on the other side and found out how good he had it here.

With that other guy, I never really warmed up to him. I never was a very big fan of him in all 7 years he was here, but especially the last couple years. Liked his talent, didn’t like him. The situations were completely different as well, along with the exits. Deron was exiting a team that was headed for a rebuild and probably the lowest point in franchise history. Hayward left when we were ascending and won our first playoff series in years. Never when I saw Deron in a Nets uniform was I upset seeing him. Seeing Hayward on the Celtics bench as bad as petty as it sounds I actually feel hate. That’s a long way of saying hell no, the Hayward thing is forever.

Deron is still in my top 5 favorite Jazz players ever. Dude was a flat out stud who fell off because of injuries. It ended just as quickly as it began when he hurt his ankle landing on Derrick Rose's foot in that preseason game. He even tried to rush back and play hurt. Which was dumb, but the fans should appreciate that. Its little things like that that the fans forget. I firmly believe his career would have been much better if it werent for that ankle problem and his wrist problem. Probably would still be talking about him like we do Chris Paul.

Id love it if he came back and played a couple years for us off the bench if he has anything left.

I couldn't care less he had it out with Jerry Sloan. Jerry was a great coach for his era. Then things changed and his style wasnt so great, and Deron could see the problem, such as not guarding the 3 and not shooting the 3. It was frustrating for me as a fan as well and I was on Deron's side when that all happened.

Deron is still in my top 5 favorite Jazz players ever. Dude was a flat out stud who fell off because of injuries. It ended just as quickly as it began when he hurt his ankle landing on Derrick Rose's foot in that preseason game. He even tried to rush back and play hurt. Which was dumb, but the fans should appreciate that. Its little things like that that the fans forget. I firmly believe his career would have been much better if it werent for that ankle problem and his wrist problem. Probably would still be talking about him like we do Chris Paul.

Id love it if he came back and played a couple years for us off the bench if he has anything left.

I couldn't care less he had it out with Jerry Sloan. Jerry was a great coach for his era. Then things changed and his style wasnt so great, and Deron could see the problem, such as not guarding the 3 and not shooting the 3. It was frustrating for me as a fan as well and I was on Deron's side when that all happened.
This is true, but you can see why the franchise has to stand by a coach that was there for over 2 decades. It was just a rough, rough time. And honestly Deron deserved less of the blame than he got. I also had always hoped if only for a season Deron could come back and wear a Jazz uniform before he retired, I don't think it will happen. Deron doesn't care about basketball anymore, during his time with the Nets for several reasons he started to hate it and he's never got back to really enjoying it it seems. It wouldn't make sense anyway, but it would just be nice to feel like Deron and this fan-base kind of had a thank you/I'm sorry moment for both sides. You simply cannot dislike a guy who, even when things ended rocky, talked highly of this organization and state for the rest of his time and proved it through actually living here by choice. He should really be one of the more cherished players in Jazz history, if not for that month when everything went south.

If Gordon would have gone to Boston with class I wouldn't have had a problem. It was his choice and it's fine. The way he did it is what angered me. Dragging **** out, pretending it was a tough decision when he had made the decision months before, him and his agent flat out lying that a decision had not been made just so that he could release his BS insincere players tribune article for attention, etc. No respect and no class in how he acted.

If Gordon would have gone to Boston with class I wouldn't have had a problem. It was his choice and it's fine. The way he did it is what angered me. Dragging **** out, pretending it was a tough decision when he had made the decision months before, him and his agent flat out lying that a decision had not been made just so that he could release his BS insincere players tribune article for attention, etc. No respect and no class in how he acted.
It was everything and that’s the bottom line. It was after all the work, building the franchise around him, Quin building the offense around him, helping make him a star, the way he handled his business, the fact that after years of losing we were winning and he bailed and the best point in the franchise for years. It was everything. His was in no way similar to Derons departure, and he will never be forgiven and always be on the **** list.

It’s also how he’s acted since. Deron always talked positive about his time here and being here, Gordon acts like this chapter in his career didn’t exhist.

Is Kanter forgiven?
No, but it’s kind of a different relationship there. Kanter is just a goon wherever he goes. When you’re calling Lebron a princess and poking fun at him when you are who you are, you can’t really be taken too seriously.

A guy who truly appreciates parts of our state, played for the Jazz, and really only had one rotten month during his career here. Deron needs to be at a Jazz game some time, to watch....for something. Jazz fans and Deron need a coming back together again....

PS this pic is beUTAHful

Last edited:
He didn't do anything wrong. Like others said, it was just as much on Jerry Sloan as on D-Will. Sloan had stayed too long at that point, Williams was a diva and a hot head for sure, but I think D-Will did have some rightful complaints. The league had passed the Jazz by, Sloan wouldn't allow his star (at that time) point guard to have any control or say in the offense. Sloan and that coaching staff also apparently didn't really game prep, didn't watch tape. That coaching staff seems like the opposite of Snyder's. Sloan quit right after a game. I'm not saying that changes all he did for this franchise. it was just time to go. The game passes everyone by eventually. It shouldn't have happened the way it did, obviously, but it happened that way because Sloan ended it that way. It wasn't on D-Will.

Holding a grudge or wanting revenge is a waste of life. The person you have a grudge with probably doesn't care or doesn't even know you have a grudge still.

I wasn't upset with DW or Sloan both guys shared the blame and both of them where stubborn about their position. It is nice to hear that DW loves Utah and hopefully Jazz fans can love him back. I only wish the best for him and his family. LIfe goes on and Life is too short to waste hating someone.

Last edited:
He didn't do anything wrong. Like others said, it was just as much on Jerry Sloan as on D-Will. Sloan had stayed too long at that point, Williams was a diva and a hot head for sure, but I think D-Will did have some rightful complaints. The league had passed the Jazz by, Sloan wouldn't allow his star (at that time) point guard to have any control or say in the offense. Sloan and that coaching staff also apparently didn't really game prep, didn't watch tape. That coaching staff seems like the opposite of Snyder's. Sloan quit right after a game. I'm not saying that changes all he did for this franchise. it was just time to go. The game passes everyone by eventually. It shouldn't have happened the way it did, obviously, but it happened that way because Sloan ended it that way. It wasn't on D-Will.

Jerry even admitted he probably should have retired when S&M left.

I like Deron a lot and would love to see the fans get over what happened. That being said I am still on the side that Deron was in the wrong and let his immaturity and ego get in the way. If Deron would have stayed healthy people would still be comparing he and Chris Paul in terms of their hoops ability.