What's new

Deron Williams still loves Utah

But who is the cowardly lion?
I mean, Korver could technically be that.

Kyle-Korver-Defense.jpg

Saw on D-Wills story he is in the Zions bank practice facility today......I mean if he wanted to sign a veteran minimum and retire with the Jazz I wouldn't be mad.

Saw on D-Wills story he is in the Zions bank practice facility today......I mean if he wanted to sign a veteran minimum and retire with the Jazz I wouldn't be mad.

I wouldn't be either. Whatever happened in the whole situation, there's no reason we can't genuinely mend bridges if they aren't.

Time heals all wounds, and wounds all heels.

In a decade or so, if Hayward says nice things about his time with the Jazz, he will also be forgiven.

Some interesting revisionism happening in this thread--

- Sloan's Booz/Okur/DWill teams were routinely among the best offensive teams in the NBA no matter which metric you look at. This whole "he refused to adapt to the game" is farcical-- in fact, when coaches were polled before that fateful year, The Jazz offence was voted as the best offence in the NBA. The achilles of those teams was always defence, and Okur/booz 4/5 combo were buzzsawed by the likes of Gasol and Bynum
- Hayward at the 9 will forever be an extremely dope pick, and if things didn't nuke he could've been a perfect SF compliment to DWill and the others.
- Hayward going out in the fashion that he did is purely unforgivable, and in a sense I'm happy for it. He'll be public enemy number one for the rest of his career, and it'll make every game he ever plays in SLC that much more exciting for the rest of us.
- DWill was a bitch that month, and he deserves the reception he initially got. But, notice how his following actions are getting people to chill out on him a bit-- that's important. He'll attend a game one day, he'll get cheers, and he'll deserve them. Hayward is way too big of a knob to every have the humility to do the same, and thus I frankly hope he never returns to Utah post-career.

And yes, of course, Hayward's accomplishments here pale in comparison to what DWill was able to do.

Some interesting revisionism happening in this thread--

- Sloan's Booz/Okur/DWill teams were routinely among the best offensive teams in the NBA no matter which metric you look at. This whole "he refused to adapt to the game" is farcical-- in fact, when coaches were polled before that fateful year, The Jazz offence was voted as the best offence in the NBA. The achilles of those teams was always defence, and Okur/booz 4/5 combo were buzzsawed by the likes of Gasol and Bynum
- Hayward at the 9 will forever be an extremely dope pick, and if things didn't nuke he could've been a perfect SF compliment to DWill and the others.
- Hayward going out in the fashion that he did is purely unforgivable, and in a sense I'm happy for it. He'll be public enemy number one for the rest of his career, and it'll make every game he ever plays in SLC that much more exciting for the rest of us.
- DWill was a bitch that month, and he deserves the reception he initially got. But, notice how his following actions are getting people to chill out on him a bit-- that's important. He'll attend a game one day, he'll get cheers, and he'll deserve them. Hayward is way too big of a knob to every have the humility to do the same, and thus I frankly hope he never returns to Utah post-career.

And yes, of course, Hayward's accomplishments here pale in comparison to what DWill was able to do.
This is a good way to look at it. I think Deron has done some reflecting and realizes he could have been better. I think he’s actually taken a step back and been humbled a bit since and realizes what he had here and that it was a special part of his life. He has also been fully willing k admit his best days and times were here during his career. He means more to us than he did to Nets fans, Dallas fans, or Cavs fans for sure, and his career here with us means more to him than his days in a Nets, Mavs, or Cavs uniform. Strange to say, but Deron Williams has more humility than Hayward. Hayward acts like his career never happened here. Deron always spoke highly of being here and never once ignored the fact he had some great days here.

D-Will can be forgiven, Hayward won’t because we all know who Hayward actually is. Deron was brash, but you always knew where he stood. A bit childish? Sure, but he wasn’t a lying snake. A bit arrogant? Yes, but honest. Hayward was a slimy creature who lied up until he got his little letter out. I’ll take a guy being a truthful jerk over a lying two faced snake any day.

This is a good way to look at it. I think Deron has done some reflecting and realizes he could have been better. I think he’s actually taken a step back and been humbled a bit since and realizes what he had here and that it was a special part of his life. He has also been fully willing k admit his best days and times were here during his career. He means more to us than he did to Nets fans, Dallas fans, or Cavs fans for sure, and his career here with us means more to him than his days in a Nets, Mavs, or Cavs uniform. Strange to say, but Deron Williams has more humility than Hayward. Hayward acts like his career never happened here. Deron always spoke highly of being here and never once ignored the fact he had some great days here.

D-Will can be forgiven, Hayward won’t because we all know who Hayward actually is. Deron was brash, but you always knew where he stood. A bit childish? Sure, but he wasn’t a lying snake. A bit arrogant? Yes, but honest. Hayward was a slimy creature who lied up until he got his little letter out. I’ll take a guy being a truthful jerk over a lying two faced snake any day.

bingo

since when does anger last forever? since when do people not change? he was never the same player after he left, both because of injury and because he never had a coach who pushed him like jerry. he's done his time, he likes it here, and frankly i could get used to him as a guard coach on the team.

Time heals all wounds, and wounds all heels.

In a decade or so, if Hayward says nice things about his time with the Jazz, he will also be forgiven.

It doesn't. Pretty much any deep wound is a life threatening situation without modern technology.

Also, people still talk about Fisher. An irrelevant scrub! Hayward will never be forgiven. But in time, he will be forgotten.

I was never really too mad at Deron for the way things ended. He didn't really do anything that screwed the Jazz. Fisher and Hayward both straight up screwed the Jazz, so they are forever dead to me.

It doesn't. Pretty much any deep wound is a life threatening situation without modern technology.

Also, people still talk about Fisher. An irrelevant scrub! Hayward will never be forgiven. But in time, he will be forgotten.
I agree, he will be forgotten, especially with DM around. Why waste energy on him really, unless totally bored right before the draft.