What's new

Did we just go into Beasty Mode?

The beast mode is open to discussion imo but definitely can feel that the winning attitude has finally arrived. Teams used to close games on us and now the opposite.

I post, therefore I am.

Beast mode is called consistency, it's when you reach a high enough level that you consistently trounce teams that aren't as good as you. We have become good enough and confident enough that we take care of business.

I'm way too high on this team. I legit think we can get the 3 seed. We're on pace for 53 wins right now. But how do we fare tonight on a B2B on the road against a team on paper we should beat? Against a really good Celts team? Against a Clippers team who we are in a tight battle with? Because those are the next three games and we can't just happen to have a lull. That's what our Deron teams did way too often imo. We were always a 53 win team or so and the 5 seed and would lose dumb games at Minnesota and such during that time. It was frustrating because home court is so important in the playoffs and I always felt like that Deron-led team never realized that. Except that team stunk on defense and on the road.

This team doesn't. There's no excuse for not bringing it every night. We need to play elite defense every night and let the chips fall where they may. We have the depth to stay fresh. We have a phenomenal opportunity in our sites and I really want to see us go 2-1 at worst over the next three (with one of those wins over the Clips) because I wanna look back in two months and know that I wasn't too high on this team. We really are that good.

Last edited:
To me a major part of why the Jazz are clicking so hard, despite still not being 100% with Hood out, is that Favors, Burks and Exum are all turning it on. They have all had solid to great games 3-4 games in a row. If that is sustainable the Jazz are possibly the 3rd best team in the NBA.

As for the 3rd seed business. Of course we can get it. We are only 3 games out and could be only 2 games out after tonight. Rockets are 5-5 over their last 10 and the Jazz are 7-3. It's not like we are 8 games down or something.

To me a major part of why the Jazz are clicking so hard, despite still not being 100% with Hood out, is that Favors, Burks and Exum are all turning it on. They have all had solid to great games 3-4 games in a row. If that is sustainable the Jazz are possibly the 3rd best team in the NBA.

As for the 3rd seed business. Of course we can get it. We are only 3 games out and could be only 2 games out after tonight. Rockets are 5-5 over their last 10 and the Jazz are 7-3. It's not like we are 8 games down or something.

I think it's definitely attainable. The game March 8 in Houston will be huge, it will decide a tiebreaker.

With Joe Johnson coming alive, Favors contributing, Burks back, and Pimples finally cracking the rotation we are a MONSTER.

**** with us, and you are ****in with the best. Unless you are Golden State. Then Second Best.

Must spread the rep

If lyles ever gets going........

I'm way too high on this team. I legit think we can get the 3 seed. We're on pace for 53 wins right now. But how do we fare tonight on a B2B on the road against a team on paper we should beat? Against a really good Celts team? Against a Clippers team who we are in a tight battle with? Because those are the next three games and we can't just happen to have a lull. That's what our Deron teams did way too often imo. We were always a 53 win team or so and the 5 seed and would lose dumb games at Minnesota and such during that time. It was frustrating because home court is so important in the playoffs and I always felt like that Deron-led team never realized that. Except that team stunk on defense and on the road.

This team doesn't. There's no excuse for not bringing it every night. We need to play elite defense every night and let the chips lie where they may. We have the depth to stay fresh. We have a phenomenal opportunity in our sites and I really want to see us go 2-1 at worst over the next three (with one of those wins over the Clips) because I wanna look back in two months and know that I wasn't too high on this team. We really are that good.

This sums up my feelings almost to a "T". I'm worried I'm overrating this team just a smidge but then I look at the roster and the way this team is playing and I feel validation in my expectations. I think this team is a 3 seed and if they hit the playoffs healthy and playing to their full potential, the only team they can't beat is GS. And BTW, I think this team's future success is much more sustainable than the team featuring DWill/Booz/Memo.

Well you guys are definitely not bringing me back to earth. Third seed, yeah baby I believe. The thing is, I just don't ever remember (even back in the Stock to Malone days) beating teams up this badly, particularly in their own neighborhoods. Course maybe I'm like Gameface and just suffer from selective memory.

So far it's just 2 games where a thumping was administered. Let's be hopeful that it continues, but not get ahead of ourselves.
It could mean something, it could mean nothing.
I'm glad we are finally close to full strength.

Measured pragmatic response, I respect that. How about tomorrow, Dallas doesn't worry you on a back to back?
D-Will is out, and that little bitch jazz killer is out I think.
This. I had no confidence whatsoever in that team's D.

Most frustrating thing about that team was watching them try to erase a 4-6 point deficit, they would score on just about every possession, but it usually didn't matter because we couldn't stop anyone in buckle up mode. That team pretty much had to have a lead going into crunch time to win it seemed which we did do a lot, but heaven forbid we be down a few points this team was in trouble

This sums up my feelings almost to a "T". I'm worried I'm overrating this team just a smidge but then I look at the roster and the way this team is playing and I feel validation in my expectations. I think this team is a 3 seed and if they hit the playoffs healthy and playing to their full potential, the only team they can't beat is GS. And BTW, I think this team's future success is much more sustainable than the team featuring DWill/Booz/Memo.
Don't forget AK and his crushingly ****ty contract.

I still believe Deron and Boozer were legit pillars, they just had to be surrounded by shooters and defenders (A RIM PROTECTOR), and not waste massive salary. That AK necessitated Memo sucked, and that Memo facilitated Brewer sucked. Such a weird team.

So far it's just 2 games where a thumping was administered. Let's be hopeful that it continues, but not get ahead of ourselves.
It could mean something, it could mean nothing.
I'm glad we are finally close to full strength.

Very true. Upcoming schedule is quite a bit tougher.

16 road games, 13 home games.

15 of those 29 games against teams over .500.

Road games against Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, Cavs, Clippers, Wizards, and Thunder (twice).

I think we ought to wait a bit before we get too giddy. The thrashings occurred in part because neither Altanta nor NO played very well. But I think we can get much better. Burks and Favors still aren't where they were or could be, and the rotations are still in flux, plus Dante can only get better. I think when Quin reprimanded Dante for his mistake against Thon Maker could be the turning point for him.

BOOO!!!!!!!!!

Jazz 3rd seed!!!

CHOO CHOO! Get on or get run over!!!

CHOO CHOO!!!

Anybody else getting big headed?

Definitely not. There's a lot of basketball to be played and in that time, there are times where the Jazz are going to look uninterested and mediocre. As long as the Jazz continue building on their recent play though, I'm happy. Making the playoffs is a step in the right direction. Competing in the playoffs and bringing it to some teams is the next step.