What's new

Did we just go into Beasty Mode?

So far it's just 2 games where a thumping was administered. Let's be hopeful that it continues, but not get ahead of ourselves.
It could mean something, it could mean nothing.
I'm glad we are finally close to full strength.

Well said sir, after all pride cometh before the fall. But it's just so hard to remain humble right now.;)

I think we ought to wait a bit before we get too giddy. The thrashings occurred in part because neither Altanta nor NO played very well. But I think we can get much better. Burks and Favors still aren't where they were or could be, and the rotations are still in flux, plus Dante can only get better. I think when Quin reprimanded Dante for his mistake against Thon Maker could be the turning point for him.

NO! Quin Synder is petty and was trying to bully Dante because he's mean...and yeah he's a bad guy who doesn't have the best interest out for the team or his player. He picks favorites and tries to create chaos in the locker room, FACT.

Definitely not. There's a lot of basketball to be played and in that time, there are times where the Jazz are going to look uninterested and mediocre. As long as the Jazz continue building on their recent play though, I'm happy. Making the playoffs is a step in the right direction. Competing in the playoffs and bringing it to some teams is the next step.

Agreed. The ebb and flow in basketball is amazing. Confidence and motivation swings are such under respected aspect to sports. Everyone expects teams to always be playing at the level they are capable even when fully healthy but humans just don't work that way. People almost always overreact on the low ends of play. It's happening all the time to all teams, even to historically great teams like the Warriors. The Warriors are just so supremely talented they still win almost every single game even in a down swing. The hope and/or goal is sustaining a high throughout the playoffs. You see it all the time where a great team just doesn't have the juice in the times they need it during the playoffs and crumble or you see a lesser talented team get some kind of mojo and steam roll technically superior opponents.

Agreed. The ebb and flow in basketball is amazing. Confidence and motivation swings are such under respected aspect to sports. Everyone expects teams to always be playing at the level they are capable even when fully healthy but humans just don't work that way. People almost always overreact on the low ends of play. It's happening all the time to all teams, even to historically great teams like the Warriors. The Warriors are just so supremely talented they still win almost every single game even in a down swing. The hope and/or goal is sustaining a high throughout the playoffs. You see it all the time where a great team just doesn't have the juice in the times they need it during the playoffs and crumble or you see a lesser talented team get some kind of mojo and steam roll technically superior opponents.

Solid post, buddy.

YES. I loved those teams but could never fully-embrace them or believe like I wanted because a team with interior D like that isn't winning anything.

It's almost like you are saying Memo and Boozer weren't rim protectors, or on the ball defenders, or even slightly motivated on that side of the court. :D It was so frustrating too. Ugh

After the Dallas meltdown I think it's safe to say we're not quite there yet.:eek: Still, it's obvious that the guys just ran out of gas on the back end of a back to back. I'll take two and one on that road swing any day.

And, with all our point guard options we don't have anybody that plays with close to the same composure as Hill.

Last edited:
After the Dallas meltdown I think it's safe to say we're not quite there yet.:eek: Still, it's obvious that the guys just ran out of gas on the back end of a back to back. I'll take two and one on that road swing any day.

And, with all our point guard options we don't have anybody that plays with close to the same composure as Hill.

Yeah, if Hill is in the game we win this. That's probably more frustrating than relieving.

Do the Jazz need a legit backup pg for the playoffs? Methinks yes. And a mobile 4 that can guard. Maybe give Bolomboy some burn and see if he can help. Favors(my second favorite Jazzman) was Dallas' best player in the 4th against Barnes.

The real issue last night was the PF position. A combined 10 points between Favors, Diaw and Lyles.

Awful.

Do the Jazz need a legit backup pg for the playoffs? Methinks yes. And a mobile 4 that can guard. Maybe give Bolomboy some burn and see if he can help. Favors(my second favorite Jazzman) was Dallas' best player in the 4th against Barnes.

I've always said that Favors is not a good perimeter defender and that was borne out last night. Of course Exum had a couple of brain cramps that hurt us pretty good as well. Love to see what Bolomboy could do for us. Need that athleticism against a player like Barnes.

The real issue last night was the PF position. A combined 10 points between Favors, Diaw and Lyles.

Awful.
You are correct about the PF position sucking but lyles only played 7 minutes and didn't get any shots. JJ played some at the four too, and also mostly sucked. (Especially in ot)
It sucks that lyles is worse than he was last year. If he had even a little improvement over last year then he would be a pretty good backup pf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

You are correct about the PF position sucking but lyles only played 7 minutes and didn't get any shots. JJ played some at the four too, and also mostly sucked. (Especially in ot)
It sucks that lyles is worse than he was last year. If he had even a little improvement over last year then he would be a pretty good backup pf.

He plays outside of the offense, hence why I think his minutes are getting cut. Hopefully just a case of "sophmore slump".

Favors just doesn't seem to be the same guy he used to be, yet. I hope he gets fully healthy and regains some of that athleticism.

Yeah you can really see the age creeping in for JJ on the back-end of a back to back. He looked like the Iso Joe of old in the Big Easy with 27 big ones and like a YMCA 45 and older player the following night in Dallas.