What's new

DM on AD

Illogical?

So it's not logical that Hayward asked for a trade, then was talked to by DL by backing off it? Maybe DL convinced him to think he wanted to stay, but in his heart of hearts he knew he wanted to leave. DL made the risky play to try and convince him to stay through team success, but he failed. The Jazz would have been better served if Hayward forced the issue like AD is doing.

It's illogical since DL was acting like Hayward was going to stay, and kept talking about how he's giving them positive signs, continuing to train with the Jazz people and what have you.

No reason to believe that "rumor" that I just literally heard about for the first time ever.

Then stop trying to make analogies to the two. They are different things.
Donovan made the damn analogy and other players do. It is not the same thing as a normal job and what I’m saying exactly is Donovan’s comparison that it’s like quitting any job is a stupid comparison.

No there isnt.

Plus he gave a list of 4 teams he'd go to moron.
Yes it is, there s a difference in saying it 6 months before the agreed upon contract expires, and 6 months after you signed it. If we’re just deciding guys can force their way out at any point during a contract there’s no reason to even have them.

It's illogical since DL was acting like Hayward was going to stay, and kept talking about how he's giving them positive signs, continuing to train with the Jazz people and what have you.

No reason to believe that "rumor" that I just literally heard about for the first time ever.
Nothing about this is illogical. It's all very logical.

Right because I’m not signed to a damn contract with guaranteed money and employment. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING.
Is AD voiding his contract or something? No, he's expressing his displeasure and his preference to be traded. New Orleans still controls the contract and didn't even trade him. They are more than welcome to keep him until the end of his contract and let him walk away getting nothing in return. So how is he not honoring the contract?

And you are not one of the 10 best people in the world at your job, so can we stop comparing these superstars to Joe Schmo?

Yes it is, there s a difference in saying it 6 months before the agreed upon contract expires, and 6 months after you signed it. If we’re just deciding guys can force their way out at any point during a contract there’s no reason to even have them.
So there is no reason to have a player with giant value because you might have to trade them and get giant value back?

Dont be a moron. That's like saying you wouldnt date the hottest girl in the world because she might leave you (but in this dumb analogy you get like 3-4 other women back when the hot one leaves, so its even more of a no-brainer). Get it while you can and take the risk.

I also love all the conjecture about DL thinking he changed Hayward's mind. You should write a book about that rumor that you totally did not make up.

I think the problem is that we’re mistaking at-will employment with contract employment. I think people view this like you were working at McDonald’s, but now BK is hiring and close to your house, but McDonald’s is forbidding you to go to BK. Obviously it doesn’t work because on that scenario you say “**** you” and go work at BK if you want. But that just isn’t how things work in high-paying, contract positions.

So there is no reason to have a player with giant value because you might have to trade them and get giant value back?

Dont be a moron. That's like saying you wouldnt date the hottest girl in the world because she might leave you (but in this dumb analogy you get like 3-4 other women back when the hot one leaves, so its even more of a no-brainer). Get it while you can and take the risk.
Your ridiculous if you think asking out on day 10 of a contract isn’t different from asking out 10 days before it ends.

Is AD voiding his contract or something? No, he's expressing his displeasure and his preference to be traded. New Orleans still controls the contract and didn't even trade him. They are more than welcome to keep him until the end of his contract and let him walk away getting nothing in return. So how is he not honoring the contract?

And you are not one of the 10 best people in the world at your job, so can we stop comparing these superstars to Joe Schmo?
It doesn’t matter if I’m one of the 10 best people. The NBA and team owners are the employer. My employer sets my rules, I don’t set there’s.

Your ridiculous if you think asking out on day 10 of a contract isn’t different from asking out 10 days before it ends.
Davis is neither one of those you moron.

Of course its much better to ask out right away, but either option is better than not communicating at all. And it's safer as a player to do it publicly as opposed to privately if you dont think the team will honor your request and make you look like the bad guy at the end.

Aside from Cy's hilarious made up rumors that he uses to prove his points, he's basically right. Professionals who are the very best at what they do have a lot more power over their employment than the average Joe.

It is unfortunate because I think a sport that can't foster long-term attachment in the fans is bound to eventually decline. A very small minority watch because they just enjoy the athleticism or whatever.

Davis is neither one of those you moron.

Of course its much better to ask out right away, but either option is better than not communicating at all. And it's safer as a player to do it publicly as opposed to privately if you dont think the team will honor your request and make you look like the bad guy at the end.
There’s no reason for contracts then. Also your responses show who is quite the moron.

It doesn’t matter if I’m one of the 10 best people. The NBA and team owners are the employer. My employer sets my rules, I don’t set there’s.
Yeah you do. Players have influence. The players have a union. Players can give a bad reputation that hurts them for years. The players got power man, just get over it.

There’s no reason for contracts then.
There is no reason to sign a great player is the most moronic statement imaginable.

The Pelicans got a ton of great years from AD and they will most likely get a great trade package for him when they deal him unless they are a moron like you.

Aside Cy's hilarious made up rumors that he uses to prove his points, he's basically right. Professionals who are the very best at what they do have a lot more power over their employment than the average Joe.

It is unfortunate because I think a sport that can't foster long-term attachment in the fans is bound to eventually decline. A very small minority watch because they just enjoy the athleticism or whatever.
I think you’ll see the NBA address this and be more stubborn in the next CBA about it. I would be surprised if there is not a pretty big lockout over the next CBA because of this.