What's new

DM on AD

It doesn’t matter if I’m one of the 10 best people. The NBA and team owners are the employer. My employer sets my rules, I don’t set there’s.

You can quit your job and go work wherever the **** you want anytime, so what in god's name are you talking about?

And you continue to make analogies between yourself and a superstar NBA player even though you said "IT IS NOT THE SAME THING" regarding you and the superstar NBA player in the post I quoted.

There is no reason to sign a great player is the most moronic statement imaginable.

The Pelicans got a ton of great years from AD and they will most likely get a great trade package for him when they deal him unless they are a moron like you.
If contracts mean very little, there’s no reason to have them. The players you trade for can in theory just say they don’t want to play there and be traded. We’ve had Lonzo Ball and Patrick McCaw request destinations and trades at this point. Contracts are beginning to mean less because of garbage like this and it’s not a great path to go down.

I expect that as well.
I dont. The NBA is gaining popularity and doing very well. Franchise values are sky rocketing. Everyone recognizes the NBA is a player's league and they are responsible for the league's success. There is too much money being made for a long-term lockout to happen.

Yeah you do. Players have influence. The players have a union. Players can give a bad reputation that hurts them for years. The players got power man, just get over it.
There’s a difference between power and shady business.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on it. Like I get his point but it’s just not the best comparison. I mean yes I can quit my job tomorrow and go somewhere else, but I also did not sign a contract to work the next 5 years with my company that guaranteed me both my job and full paycheck regardless of what happens over the next 5 years. I kind of get tired of this comparison from guys. I get the comparison but it’s a very flawed comparison. I don’t have the same luxury of a 5 year guaranteed money/employment contract that they do.
I agree with you

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

AC actually had trade value though. Weren't going to be a lot of teams backing up a truck for the final year of Haywood. . .
That's probably true, and would be me theoretical explanation why DL didnt trade him when the rumored private request happened. DL probably did a risk vs reward thing and decided to roll the dice.

If contracts mean very little, there’s no reason to have them. The players you trade for can in theory just say they don’t want to play there and be traded. We’ve had Lonzo Ball and Patrick McCaw request destinations and trades at this point. Contracts are beginning to mean less because of garbage like this and it’s not a great path to go down.
You are being purposely obtuse.

Is English your first language? Because you are just regurgitating the same point that has been beaten down several times. Do you have a counterpoint to the fact that Lonzo Ball is still a Laker and will be until the Lakers decide they want to trade him for what they feel is greater or equal value or his contract runs out?

I dont. The NBA is gaining popularity and doing very well. Franchise values are sky rocketing. Everyone recognizes the NBA is a player's league and they are responsible for the league's success. There is too much money being made for a long-term lockout to happen.
We’ll see, ratings are down this year.

You are being purposely obtuse.

Is English your first language? Because you are just regurgitating the same point that has been beaten down several times. Do you have a counterpoint to the fact that Lonzo Ball is still a Laker and will be until the Lakers decide they want to trade him for what they feel is greater or equal value or his contract runs out?
Where’s Patrick McCaw?

Right now that's the case. I don't think that kind of mentality is sustainable. There's already little reason for emotionally investing in a team. But, we'll have to see.