What's new

DM on AD

Well that certainly is an insightful take. Care to elaborate? I guess we haven't seen anything like this happen to this point? GS dynasty was just a fluke?
Abso-****ing-lutely

Curry injured before he became an all-time great: got a complete bargain of a contract, that along with the salary cap going up an insane amount let them sign KD. That's literally it.

GS had drafted all of their dudes before KD got there, Boogie came along later because it's the place to win a ring, the damage was already done.

All 30 owners have equal power in the league, and all of them, including the small markets are drowning in profit. So please explain to me how we lose 24 teams in the amount of time that has passed since 2009.

Abso-****ing-lutely

Curry injured before he became an all-time great: got a complete bargain of a contract, that along with the salary cap going up an insane amount let them sign KD. That's literally it.

GS had drafted all of their dudes before KD got there, Boogie came along later because it's the place to win a ring, the damage was already done.

All 30 owners have equal power in the league, and all of them, including the small markets are drowning in profit. So please explain to me how we lose 24 teams in the amount of time that has passed since 2009.
I’ll let you two have this argument. All 30 teams are absolutely not on equal footing. FOH.

That's a stupid argument.
Yes, this whole thing is stupid.

The NBA is popular as **** and that is because of the players, and they know it. So if a top 5 player decides he doesn't like his situation and expresses displeasure, that is some huge issue? I just don't get it. He's not voiding his contract.

Maybe if you guys said

"I don't like it because I grow attached to players and don't want them exhibiting this power when it comes to my favorite team"

Then at least it is something I understand. But I'm not hearing anything rational argument about why the players shouldn't have a public platform. They are human beings.

Maybe if you guys said

"I don't like it because I grow attached to players and don't want them exhibiting this power when it comes to my favorite team"

Then at least it is something I understand. But I'm not hearing anything rational argument about why the players shouldn't have a public platform. They are human beings.
I took issue with the comparison Donovan—and many have made that their employment or quitting their job is the same as a normal job and they do it looking for sympathy from fans. It isn’t, and it isn’t close.

A contract should be binding, and in my opinion you should be willing to fulfill it if you sign it. If you want it voided, there should be a stiff penalty. Otherwise, what is the purpose of a contract. GS did build their team through the draft, that was too quick on my part of responding without thinking, but they now are just what you said. A place to get a ring. Bring five all stars to your starting line and guess what is going to happen. That is the direction the league is headed and without some boundaries there will be no stopping it.

New Orleans literally just punked the Los Angeles Lakers.
The NBA is a business of competition. To strike that balance of competiton you have to keep the competition balanced. LA’s FO didn’t do anything more than NO FO in the past 6 years and yet they get Lebron and AD? Yeah okay, we’re all on equal footing here.

The NBA is a business of competition. To strike that balance of competiton you have to keep the competition balanced. LA’s FO didn’t do anything more than NO FO in the past 6 years and yet they get Lebron and AD? Yeah okay, we’re all on equal footing here.
No one said all locations are created equal.

Who's breaking the rules though?

We could have gotten a first and a prospect if we took back horrendous salary. Remember, Haywood's only really good year was his last year with us. The previous year he was 19.7, 5, and 3.7 shooting 45%,/36%/82%. There are other places you can get that production without giving a first and a good prospect.
Bro.... you must be looking for a debate.... or maybe Cy jacked your account. I’m not saying anything controversial or otherwise weird. Ciao.

Is AD voiding his contract or something? No, he's expressing his displeasure and his preference to be traded. New Orleans still controls the contract and didn't even trade him. They are more than welcome to keep him until the end of his contract and let him walk away getting nothing in return. So how is he not honoring the contract?

And you are not one of the 10 best people in the world at your job, so can we stop comparing these superstars to Joe Schmo?
Except apparently NO has been warned they'll be fined if they don't play him. Did the NBA sign that contract? Why should they have a say whether the team plays him or not? I have no problem with the way AD is handling this, I have no problem with the way NO is handling it. I have a problem with Magic Johnson going around the system and getting a slap on the wrist and the NBA itself thinking they have anything to do with player minutes.

Well I mean the Lakers have been fined for it, AD has also been fined for it so both of them? The penalties just aren’t severe enough
I mean those fines were handed out by the NBA owners who you seem to be stanning for.

I guess I'm having trouble deciding who to I'm supposed to be mad at.

We could have gotten a first and a prospect if we took back horrendous salary. Remember, Haywood's only really good year was his last year with us. The previous year he was 19.7, 5, and 3.7 shooting 45%,/36%/82%. There are other places you can get that production without giving a first and a good prospect.
Yeah, guys who average 20-5-4 on good percentages aren't in demand at all.

I mean those fines were handed out by the NBA owners who you seem to be stanning for.

I guess I'm having trouble deciding who to I'm supposed to be mad at.
Again, the original issue I had was the comparison of professions and likening changing NBA teams to changing jobs with which there is no contract or guaranteed employment and money.

Secondly, I simply believe it’s time to harshen those penalties. The penalties were handed out because both did things they weren’t supposed to do. The new CBA simply needs harsher penalties for such behavior.

Stanning? Nah, I just don’t like people who think contracts are meaningless, and the comparison that my job is the same as a job that you signed a contract to do, know exactly what’s in that contract, and have guaranteed money and employment during the period of that contract.

No one said all locations are created equal.

Who's breaking the rules though?
Equal footing was the term used iirc
Utah isn't on equal footing with the Lakers.

Also, the Lakers owner going into the luxury tax isn't the same as the jazz owner. Not equal footing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Alright, well we are just going in circles so I'll step away.

I'll just say that the same place where those binding, all important, word of god contracts were negotiated was the same place where tampering rules, fines, etc. were negotiated. In the CBA, which the players and owners both agreed too. If you want a new CBA, great. But I'm guessing you care very little about the sanctity of a multi million dollar contract, and it's more likely that the player empowerment movement just has fans of small market Utah shaking in their boots a bit.

Alright, well we are just going in circles so I'll step away.

I'll just say that the same place where those binding, all important, word of god contracts were negotiated was the same place where tampering rules, fines, etc. were negotiated. In the CBA, which the players and owners both agreed too. If you want a new CBA, great. But I'm guessing you care very little about the sanctity of a multi million dollar contract, and it's more likely that the player empowerment movement just has fans of small market Utah shaking in their boots a bit.
Ya, that too. As it should

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app