What's new

DM on AD

Ok? Your company cant trade you to another company either, so why do this stupid analogy?
That's his point lol. DM is acting like his job is similar to any other job. It isn't. Like you just pointed out. Which is what one eye was pointing out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You can quit your job and go work wherever the **** you want anytime, so what in god's name are you talking about?

There’s one employer, and that’s the NBA. As the owners own the league, they set the terms of how players can move around. The talent may unionize itself, and may take their talents elsewhere, but those talents would have to be to a different league. But they couldn’t do that until their contract is up.

I’m also sensing that those less familiar with having an employment contract may view this a lot differently.

I agree. DM should stop acting they are the same thing. They aren't.

If I could sign a 5 year guaranteed contract with guaranteed money and employment at my current job I’d do it. The security and benefits of that are something hardly anyone gets the pleasure of experiencing or having.

I'm still waiting to hear which players didn't honor their contract.
My original message was simply that comparing it to quitting a normal job or choosing to go elsewhere is a stupid comparison and not a good one in any way.

And you are not one of the 10 best people in the world at your job, so can we stop comparing these superstars to Joe Schmo?

That's the point. DM is comparing NBA superstar players to Joe schmoe

If I could sign a 5 year guaranteed contract with guaranteed money and employment at my current job I’d do it. The security and benefits of that are something hardly anyone gets the pleasure of experiencing or having.
Just remember they can move you anywhere in the country, even to the ********* business in your field whenever the hell they feel like it.

But you better just stay quiet and keep grinding. Even if you make millions and millions of dollars for said company and your co-workers and management are complete ****.

The fact of the matter is that within a decade there will be 4-6 teams with all the stars, and the rest of the league will be practice squads that young guys go to prove themselves. It's already happening now when players can determine which 4 teams they are willing to sign with. If it isn't addressed in the next CBA it will be four superteams vs. each other while destroying the rest of the league. If your a fan of the big market teams it will be really nice. If your like me and a fan of the perpetual underdog it will suck. After the Jazz are knocked out that is the end of the season for me. Always has been unless there is a Cinderella team still in it. Let's just require players to honor their contract where most of the value is with incentives. If you suck because you are unhappy you don't hit incentives, therefore you lose a ton of money. If you want to be traded you set out the length of your contract without pay. Basically a non competition clause.

Just remember they can move you anywhere in the country, even to the ********* business in your field whenever the hell they feel like it.

But you better just stay quiet and keep grinding. Even if you make millions and millions of dollars for said company and your co-workers and management are complete ****.
It’s not about the money in the contract, it’s about what’s in it. Yes, when they sign that contract they do so knowing full well they can be traded. They are neither forced to play in the NBA or sign those contracts. They CHOOSE to do so.

The fact of the matter is that within a decade there will be 4-6 teams with all the stars, and the rest of the league will be practice squads that young guys go to prove themselves. It's already happening now when players can determine which 4 teams they are willing to sign with. If it isn't addressed in the next CBA it will be four superteams vs. each other while destroying the rest of the league. If your a fan of the big market teams it will be really nice. If your like me and a fan of the perpetual underdog it will suck. After the Jazz are knocked out that is the end of the season for me. Always has been unless there is a Cinderella team still in it. Let's just require players to honor their contract where most of the value is with incentives. If you suck because you are unhappy you don't hit incentives. therefore you lose a ton of money. If you want to be traded you set out the length of your contract without pay. Basically a non competition clause.
LMAOOOOOO

It’s not about the money in the contract, it’s about what’s in it. Yes, when they sign that contract they do so knowing full well they can be traded. They are neither forced to play in the NBA or sign those contracts. They CHOOSE to do so.
So tell me what has AD done that upsets you?

So tell me what has AD done that upsets you?
He willingly signed the contract to play for the Pelicans for a given amount of time and PUBLICLY demanded a trade to a given destination long before that contract was set to expire. It’s bad business in my opinion. Again my original message to start this was more in regards to DM comparing it to a normal job, it simply is not and it’s a ****** comparison.

He willingly signed the contract to play for the Pelicans for a given amount of time and PUBLICLY demanded a trade to a given destination long before that contract was set to expire. It’s bad business in my opinion. Again my original message to start this was more in regards to DM comparing it to a normal job, it simply is not and it’s a ****** comparison.
I agree.

If you want more freedom of where you play, then sign one year contracts and less guaranteed money. Guys have that option.

I would have taken a Camry-sized load over nothing.

And don’t tell me we couldn’t have gotten at least a 1st + a prospect.

We could have gotten a first and a prospect if we took back horrendous salary. Remember, Haywood's only really good year was his last year with us. The previous year he was 19.7, 5, and 3.7 shooting 45%,/36%/82%. There are other places you can get that production without giving a first and a good prospect.

So if it's a ****** comparison, and we here have never been NBA superstars, and presumably only worked normal jobs. Then how can we possibly be in a position to judge what those in positions that we have never been in should be doing?

So if it's a ****** comparison, and we here have never been NBA superstars, and presumably only worked normal jobs. Then how can we possibly be in a position to judge what those in positions that we have never been in should be doing?
I mean the contract they chose to sign is pretty black and white. If you didn’t want to be committed that long turn down the larger amount of guaranteed money and sign 1 year deals. That part is not hard to see. They are the ones always comparing their job to mine and wanting sympathy, not me.

We all judge the president without ever having been the president. That's a stupid argument.

We judge DL for moves he does or doesn't make. We haven't been gm's.