What's new

do NOT bring back George Hill

TheGobertReport

We learned all we need to about him by how soft he's been sitting out with non-injuries. The Blazers game is must-win and he SITS OUT. What a chump. Can't wait until he's out of here.

He's a contract-year player. He hasn't been the same since the deadline to extend him passed. The Jazz haven't been quite the same either.

Honestly I have said all along. There is no way in hell I give him 20 mil + per year. I like him but he has been injury prone. And I strongly believe in exum. Exum still has a ton of upside, I envision him to be the starter next year

Guess who missed the most games on the Jazz this season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think he is soft but I guarantee Stockton would have laced it up and been out there tonight.

I do agree though that George Hill is not for us next season.

I think I would like to see if we can get Rubio or someone else.

I would still give hill 4 years 80 million. Still think he gets more though. Hope the jazz don't give him what he wants and will likely get. (Something closer to 4 years 120 million I think)

Well I will admit to being a little disappointed in how things ultimately shook out. Not ready to completely abandon the ship but will say that between committing that kind of money towards either Hill or Holliday, I'd prefer to take a chance on Holliday at this point.

Time will tell.

George Hill is good enough to be the PG on a championship team if all the other pieces are there.

Either he or Favs will need to move on looking at our future cap situation. We MUST stay close to that cap until we find that 3rd stud next to Gobert and Hayward.

I think Hill moves on by himself. Unless he has a great performance in the playoff I think the Jazz will look for more consistency (and less apathy). It's disapointing, I was so excited to finally have a point guard this year. Instead it's been the same **** for most of the season. The jazz trying to scrape by with a heap of equally bad point guards. It's a tough bind. We have to get a point guard for this team. We need one this offseason to show to Hayward. It's not Exum. Even if Exum turns out to be an nba player, and even that seems sketchy to me, he's not a point guard. I accept that we'll have to part way with Favors after next season (in the meantime I don't see a reason to move him--his trade value has never been lower and he'll have incentive to play for a contract next year). I'd throw a lot of money at Rubio. That'd be ideal. But longshot. We won't be the only ones going after him and Minnesota will probably want to keep him after all. But a core of Rubio/Hayward/Gobert would be legit. Ingles/Johnson/Hood around them. Try to fill out the roster. Sixty wins.

I have a feeling Hill will feel like he had short changed us this year with all the injuries, etc,.

He is a good man, and because of that I think he will give us a discount on his new contract.

He will re-sign with us for lower than market value.

I have a feeling Hill will feel like he had short changed us this year with all the injuries, etc,.

He is a good man, and because of that I think he will give us a discount on his new contract.

He will re-sign with us for lower than market value.

lol