What's new

Do The Changes Give You Hope?

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
15 million on an updated arena.

Sloan is officially a basketball consultant.

Malone working with the bigs.

Brad Jones replacing Horny as an assistant.

3 draft picks.

All the turn over (potential) on the roster.

Lindsey as Gm.

What's his face went to S.A.

Does that give you any hope that this org is interested in a fresh start and committed to winning?

At the very least we can conclude that what The Jazz are saying about the state of the franchise and how they really feel about it are two different things.

You don't see "consultants" coming in to San Antonio or David Robinson coming back to work with the young bigs - there is an obvious leadership vacuum on this team and The Jazz are taking steps to fill it.

Yes, I have hope. We're in the perfect position to let the young guys develop, get a high pick in a loaded draft, and move forward. And the recent comments and everything have given me hope that we're actually going to go though with it.

I don't mind Corbin now that he's asked Sloan for help. Hopefully Sloan will be able to teach him some things, fix a lot of things, and help him become a much better coach. As long as he wants to get better he'll get better. He just needs some more experience.
I use to hate Corbin but now I feel he's like a fine wine; he'll get better with time.

I don't mind Corbin now that he's asked Sloan for help. Hopefully Sloan will be able to teach him some things, fix a lot of things, and help him become a much better coach. As long as he wants to get better he'll get better. He just needs some more experience.
I use to hate Corbin but now I feel he's like a fine wine; he'll get better with time.

Let's face it, you've settled with this because you know there's no way Ty is leaving right?

Me too.

NO!

it al starts at the top with the coach.

corbin would not have made the playoffs with the spurs.
and pop would have gone deep in the playoff if he had the jazz team for last 2 years.

I am excited about the team for the next few years. I love that we have embraced the players and coach from our glory years. I hate the lakers but they do a great job of keeping former stars close to the team and I like that we are starting to. Now if we could only find a way to get Stockton to come home.
I have been very critical of Ty and I will continue to be. However, one of his weaknesses was controlling the locker room and laying down the law, Ol' Jer has never had that problem. With his mentoring Ty should become more of a force in the locker room.
We have two young bigs that should wreak havoc this year. I thought that before they brought in Karl, now that he is working with them I see an even higher ceiling.
Hayward and Burkes I am more meh about. I would like to see Hayward turn into that cold blooded stud many on this board think he is, I just don't know if he can consistently be the man.
I am not excited at all about the PG situation. I would love to see that Jazz swing a deal for a solid to great point guard (Rondo, Jack, Bledsoe, Lawson, Ellis).
Overall I feel better about the team today than I did a month ago.

It all feels like PR moves to me. It just doesn't feel real. Malone has been on the campaign trail to coach for some time now. I think the Jazz have been reluctant to bring him on, but they are in a bad place with the fan base right now and had to do something. Sloan is a good PR move with most fans as well. The Jumbotron was sorely needed, and I have been expecting that to happen.

It feels like the Jazz are trying to recreate a moment, and it feels desperate to me. I hope it turns out well and these are really calculated moves that increase winning, not just PR moves to increase attendance.