What's new

Do The Changes Give You Hope?

all aesthetics, to get stupid fans excited.
when it is all said and done the game will be played on the basketball court. coached by corbin and played by the vets.
score board, sloan, malone, and 2 first round picks wont make one bit of a differnce.
jazz miss or make the playoff barely. and get swept.
rinse repeat

stabilty

Dutch makes a very valid point. Until we know what the rest of the roster looks like, we CANNOT just assume that Kanter & Favors will get 30 mpg -- not with Corbin coaching. And we're just three vets away from Burks getting a paltry 13 mpg. And forget about this year's draft picks getting any meaningful minutes at all. Bottom line, if Lindsey signs 6 vets to fill out the roster, you can bet that Corbin will designate 3 of them as starters.

what "changes"? The only big changes that can improve this team to the level of contention has to be the ones made to the roster before opening day. Everything else is incremental at best. Yes, Favors might improve, Kanter may become a mini-Malone, but the Jazz still need a PG and a bench, along with improved coaching decisions.

And now with Sloan on board, you have KOC, Lindsey, Sloan - all part of the thinktank. Thatsa bit fatter thinktank than the Jazz are used to. But if it leads to a Kahwi Leonard -type find for the team in either the draft or FA then it would have been worth it. Thats what I expect Lindsey/Sloan to do, find our own Greens and Leonards.Not settle for Marvin Williamses and Foyes.

all aesthetics, to get stupid fans excited.
when it is all said and done the game will be played on the basketball court. coached by corbin and played by the vets.
score board, sloan, malone, and 2 first round picks wont make one bit of a differnce.
jazz miss or make the playoff barely. and get swept.
rinse repeat

stabilty

Which rock do you live under again? That's great that it has wifi

what "changes"? The only big changes that can improve this team to the level of contention has to be the ones made to the roster before opening day. Everything else is incremental at best. Yes, Favors might improve, Kanter may become a mini-Malone, but the Jazz still need a PG and a bench, along with improved coaching decisions.

And now with Sloan on board, you have KOC, Lindsey, Sloan - all part of the thinktank. Thatsa bit fatter thinktank than the Jazz are used to. But if it leads to a Kahwi Leonard -type find for the team in either the draft or FA then it would have been worth it. Thats what I expect Lindsey/Sloan to do, find our own Greens and Leonards.Not settle for Marvin Williamses and Foyes.

So basically because it is not big change it is not change? No matter how incremental the changes that have happened seem to be they are steps in the right direction.

Jump on in man! This Jazz Kool-Aid feels great.

I'll reserve my judgement until we actually started playing the young guys this year.

I'll believe it when I see it, as they say.

Dutch makes a very valid point. Until we know what the rest of the roster looks like, we CANNOT just assume that Kanter & Favors will get 30 mpg -- not with Corbin coaching. And we're just three vets away from Burks getting a paltry 13 mpg. And forget about this year's draft picks getting any meaningful minutes at all. Bottom line, if Lindsey signs 6 vets to fill out the roster, you can bet that Corbin will designate 3 of them as starters.

last year i fell for the signing of foye mo williams and marvin williams.

we would have been better of not signing foy and marvin.
then burks and hayward would have gotten more minutes. those sigings. reduced haywards minutes.

so yeah not falling for the same thing twice.
2 wasted years, and probably will be a thrid. unless hornaceck was holding corbin back. and now corbin realizes alfense sucks and vets dont have this mythical vet power

first dont forget Kanter improved on his own last offseason. and other than a few impact he had in his 5mpgs or his starts. his great improvement did not mean jack **** on the court. because no matter how great kanter played. how great a defecit jazz wiped with kanter and core4 on the court. at the end of the game those vets came in and erased what he did
cus no matter how much he improved, if corbin thinks vets have this magical power. we wil get alfatterson, millsap, jason collins, elton brand or whatever vet to play in front of him. kanters
improvement wont help us in 5-10mpgs.

second burks > leanord, or so it was. the improvement Leanord made was because of pops and his trust in him and the system that lets players succeed.
and as for green you might want to read into greens career. and see that the way spurs handled him(though love) is what made him today.

Which rock do you live under again? That's great that it has wifi

kanter IMPROVED ON HIS OWN.
he went from potential project to the best big on the jazz and arguably top 3-4 in the west. while working without malone.
yet he could not get meaning full minutes.

so i have not been living under a rock.
i love you rev9 but i think you are like an ostrich and stikcing you head in the sand. what has chanced so far this offseason. that makes you think it will be a different season.
please enlighten me. dont tell me sloans hiring.last season we had a new gm.
dont tell me the scoreboard. cus the scoreboard does not mean jack****.
those 2 first round picks(number 14 and 21)? what makes them so special to our previous picks eg 2 years ago (3rd and 12th pick) burks and kanter. yes they have a bright future. but for those 2 seasons they did not really make a big difference.
so get your head out of the sand.

i seriously hope jazz will succeed.
i was hyped last offseason.
it fdelt like things where changing.
and we would not get swept in the playoff.
differnce between me and you is i aint falling for the same crap TWICE.(3tiuimes if you count the 2previous (off)seasonS)

also not saying jazz are done with chances. the offseason has not actually started yet. will start in a week or 2.
see what chances get made.
lets say for example jazz let jefferson walk keep millsap draft another big.
let foye walk keep marvin williams. i might have some hope.
but still would hold up hope until i see if Corbin actually got his head out of his *** and knows how to coach.
it is way too early have hope. not to mention these chances are nothing special.