What's new

Do The Changes Give You Hope?

Does it bring hope? Yes, a New Hope.

But it is a small hope like the kind of hope that rests on a whinney young boy who lives on the planet furthest from the bright center of the universe who would rather chase power converter with his buddies than dig in and do the hard work that Uncle Jerry and Aunt Corbin want him to do.

15 million on an updated arena.

Sloan is officially a basketball consultant.

Malone working with the bigs.

Brad Jones replacing Horny as an assistant.

3 draft picks.

All the turn over (potential) on the roster.

Lindsey as Gm.

What's his face went to S.A.

Does that give you any hope that this org is interested in a fresh start and committed to winning?

It does give me hope - However this hope could be drowned like a bag full of puppies if they bring Big Al back.

Though I'm excited Malone and Sloan are with the organization and can exhibit their influence so we don't totally apostatize from our past, I think these moves are pushed hard in PR for exactly these reasons -- they're in big need of distractions and feel-good vibes. They've wasted the past two years, after all, and made every effort to sell the fan base on the road that got us here. Sloan was officially hired to do what he's been doing for he past couple months -- he doesn't even know what he'll be doing.

That being said, yes, I'm more excited to know Malone and Sloan are in the organization and that Lindsey has finally stepped up to be more than a coffee boy. The fact that they're not in all-out apologetic mode defending every horrible decision between Deron and now but rather embarrassed and trying to distract from it is a good sign. Now, if we can only avoid the blatantly obvious bone-headedness that got us into those situations. It's awesome they've realized the past two years have been a waste, but two years ago half this board could have told you the same thing. I don't think it's too much to expect our management to not be outsmarted by a bunch of anonymous idiots on a message board.

The main reason that is gives me hope is that it looks like lindsey is becomeing more of the man around the Jazz org and that the coach does not run the whole show. Also it gives me hope that they are going to start fresh and let the majority of the FAs (See Big Al) walk.

Go with the Core 4, draft BPA and then fill in the holes via FA with the idea of complimenting the Core 4.

Go with the Core 4, draft BPA and then fill in the holes via FA with the idea of complimenting the Core 4.

They could sign me on the league minimum and I'd compliment them all day if that's what was necessary.

I think Corbin staying another year is a good thing. His staying might get us a top 5, maybe even top 3 pick.

I don't mind Corbin now that he's asked Sloan for help. Hopefully Sloan will be able to teach him some things, fix a lot of things, and help him become a much better coach. As long as he wants to get better he'll get better. He just needs some more experience.
I use to hate Corbin but now I feel he's like a fine wine; he'll get better with time.

Did he really ask for help?

Did he really ask for help?

Either he did and he recognizes he needs help, the FO told him this was happening becasue they see he needs help or both. No matter which one it was it shows a recognition of a problem. That's a start.

If they Bring Al Back... All is lost. If the sun Rises next season, it is becasue of good men. (13 days reference)

I agree. If they do not make Burks, Hayward, Favors and Kanter major contributors this year then it was all for nothing.

The Core 4 is Obama's agenda, Coach Corbin is the Republican Congress.
Well, if that's the case, expect the Jazz to be forced to give Favors to Cleveland, Kanter to Charlotte, Hayward to Orlando and Burks to Washington. After all, the Jazz are richer than those teams, having barely missed the playoffs and can easily afford to keep Al and Paul. The others are poorer and must be given handouts until they have as much as the others. Doesn't matter that the Jazz are smartly managing their roster and payroll. They are better than 13 other teams right now and must be punished appropriately.