What's new

Don gone, too?

Can you clarify this for me? If the jazz trade Mitchell I want the jazz to deal with the Knicks
Knicks have openly been recruiting Don which is poor form. The thing that is most often cited is game 1 of the Dallas series Worl Wide Wes (a Knicks FO dude/influencer) and Julius Randle sat like front row.

We'd do the best deal we could regardless... we may not be returning their calls atm.

HMMMMM.... Tell me we got better when we traded Deron Williams. I assume you think that Favors was the same caliber if not better. Yes we got some pics and squandered most of them. It happens all the time. You don't get your moneys worth when you trade a star. Don's not a superstar, but we wouldn't get full value. Do you spend most of your time on the forums trying to talk down to people? Or is that a skill that you have acquired over the years? Either way. Glad to be a part of it.

Jazz were sinking already, their coach just quit, and they didn't want to give him another $100 million extension. How did the Nets do with DWill?

Eventually the Jazz got better, but it took a few years.

Last edited:
We should trade Donovan Mitchell if he has any hesitation staying here.

I have seen zero evidence
Of course YOU have seen zero evidence. But Donovan’s camp just leaked that Quin was a big reason he signed the extension and if you can’t read through the lines then that is predictable.

To my knowledge Don hasnt even acknowledged Quin moving on yet. Rudy made a post saying how much he appreciated him. Crickets from Don.

The fact that he ran to social media to clean up his image on a rumor report rather than give thanks to Quin for what he has done in Utah SPEAKS VOLUMES.
Joe and Rudy have... that's it unless I missed something. But yeah that is odd. To be fair I listened to a couple Spence interviews and I didn't hear him even say it.

Still weird to reply to a twitter fan of the team so quickly. I think Don hates Spence though.

Lowe and McMahon talked on the pod about Quin/Don... not a lot to report.

Lowe mentioned the Heat will do something... they are setting up for a move. The package is still pretty meh but if you got:

Herro, Duncan, Strus, Vincent, Yurt, 2022 1st (after draft night so they can trade picks two years in a row), 2023 1st unprotected, 2027 or 2028 1st unprotected (they owe a pick to OKC in 2025 or 2026) and pick swaps in 24, 27 or 28, and 29... all unprotected. It seems like the wouldn't have a ton of value now but their core guys are old with a lot of mileage. Even Don may be sliding at that point.

You flip Herro, Strus, Vincent, Yurt for a pick in the 4-10 range or a pick in that range plus a future first. Its not ideal but I can see the Heat giving us everything they can to get it done... they are also pretty good at making stuff happen out of thin air so you could have them shop Herro and find the deal for us first.

They mentioned the Knicks have kinda pissed us off so we may not be talking with them right now.
And Donovan on the Heat would be maximum Donovan because the people above him are gonna stay above him. He'd be below Pat, Spo, Haslem, and Butler. He wouldn't even entertain the notion of ****ing with that. And they would not put up with all the defensive possessions where Donovan gives up the second someone beats him or gets lost ball watching and floating around the mid-range.

Honestly, I think if the Jazz were to trade him, it would be to a team like the Kings, Pistons, Thunder or Magic. It's not like they're going to say, "Sure Don, we'll send you to Miami because that's where you want to go."

Remember, Ainge traded hometown hero Isaiah Thomas to the blown-up Cleveland Cavs because it brought back the return he wanted.

The Jazz should take trade offers make the team better, and get players that make a good squad. Anyone should be tradeable. If they get a really attractive package for Don or Rudy, they should take one or both. I don't see this squad doing much in the playoffs, and Rudy and Don won't do it alone.

I would also posture that Don and Rudy are not on the block, but would always listen to "insane" offers.

I think Don has already lost a step, and having 3 yrs under contract makes him very attractive to a lot of teams.

Make the team better, but make sure you win on any trades.

Honestly, I think if the Jazz were to trade him, it would be to a team like the Kings, Pistons, Thunder or Magic. It's not like they're going to say, "Sure Don, we'll send you to Miami because that's where you want to go."

Remember, Ainge traded hometown hero Isaiah Thomas to the blown-up Cleveland Cavs because it brought back the return he wanted.
We'd open it up to everyone but the Heat may have the best offer.

Was with a Kings fan yesterday and he fake traded me #4, 2023 Kings pick unprotected and Barnes for Donovan... I accepted.

• Sixth Man of the Year Tyler Herro expressed his desire to become a starter. Riley says he’s got to earn it by improving defensively. “He’s 22, he’s 21, 22 years old so the next step for him, and I think we’re seeing this in the league, if you want to win a championship, and you want to be a starter, you really have to become a two-way player today,” Riley said. “And you have to improve in certain areas of your game.”
Someone send this to Donovan.

• Sixth Man of the Year Tyler Herro expressed his desire to become a starter. Riley says he’s got to earn it by improving defensively. “He’s 22, he’s 21, 22 years old so the next step for him, and I think we’re seeing this in the league, if you want to win a championship, and you want to be a starter, you really have to become a two-way player today,” Riley said. “And you have to improve in certain areas of your game.”
Someone send this to Donovan.
Great, they should trade Mitchell for him. No defense is required here unless you're Rudy.

And Donovan on the Heat would be maximum Donovan because the people above him are gonna stay above him. He'd be below Pat, Spo, Haslem, and Butler. He wouldn't even entertain the notion of ****ing with that. And they would not put up with all the defensive possessions where Donovan gives up the second someone beats him or gets lost ball watching and floating around the mid-range.
He's not messing with anything now you absolute moron. You don't think Butler has say? Or Lowry? Or Bam?

Dude, quit being biased. Wake up. Stars have say. Donovan hasn't changed how we play, how we scheme, who the coach is, nothing.

Chill the F out man

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Players evolve. Get better. More efficient.

Don is a better player than AI ever was. Just the evolution of the game. Ever since MJ, perimeter play has gotten so much better. Offense and defense. Guys are playing 30 feet in now. I'm AI's day, you didn't see guys shooting off the dribble from 3. So many defenders were lumbering bigs who had no business athletically on the court with guys like AI or Don.

But in terms of league relevance, AI for sure has Don beat. AI was bigger in his day than Don is now. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
You are on crack. In this era with the spacing that we see you would see Iverson average close to 40. He would live in the paint getting easy buckets and likely get a lot more assists as well.