What's new

Donovan and Rudy selected last for all-stars

I have the same feeling about Luka, league loves marketing and he is very marketable and they would profit with a 1st round upset. But right now, the way KP is playing they stand 0% chance against a healthy Jazz in a 7-game series.

Btw all this all-star drama and the disrespect with Jazz. We could actually benefit from that from a marketing standpoint, the organization just needs to know how to use it. Transform: Shaq vs. Donovan, All-stars vs. Donovan & Rudy, Refs vs. Donovan into Media vs. Jazz, All-stars vs. Jazz, Refs vs. Jazz narrative. Release an oficial video with all that disrespect consolidated and amplified. LB and KD laughing, Shaq interview, all the coments in the big media about Jazz being a fraud, all the most absurd bs calls from Bulls series to the last 76ers game (no all of them, we don't want a 3 hours video). It has to be oficial. Ryan Smith could even pay for comercial time during all-star game to make it more impactful.
LOL that would be great. I would love to see a video of LBJ laughing as they talk about picking the Jazz guys last combined with some video of his expressions and body language after we pounded them in that last game.

I would want to face the Blazers personally. Maybe the Mavs but they are a bit of a wildcard and the league is marketing Luka really really hard so I could see another Sixers-esque fiasco in that series.
I want
spurs
Blazers
Warriors (if thompson doesn't come back)
Mavs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I want
spurs
Blazers
Warriors (if thompson doesn't come back)
Mavs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Klay ain't playing this year. I would want the Warriors. Would love to beat Draymond and have Rudy play well to help get rid of the stigma that he was played off the floor. They were just too good and it wasn't close when they had KD.

It's all about whether you're a member of the bron bron clique or not. They're the "ruling party" right now. One of the reasons I hate the NBA for the most part and loathe Lebron. You never saw this with Jordan and thus while I hated him for beating the Jazz, I always respected him. Lebron disgusts me and will never be on par with Jordan, Kobe, etc...

Personally I'm glad that Mitchell and Gobert are not. Use it as fuel to fire the 2nd half.

It’s one thing if it’s merited.

It’s another thing when career losers Julius Randle and Zach Lavine are on the teams.

KD hates Rudy... he's openly said he's overrated. It isn't surprising to me. Lebron was trying to be nice with his comments but ended up making it so much worse imo. Open *****ed on the market and team history... because... video games? Like the Jazz haven't had any interesting teams since Stockton and Malone.

He clearly didn't care about potentially pissing off a team in his conference that is trying to knock him off. We don't need his respect so I don't really care much... but its like talking **** before a basketball game.... if you don't back it up you'll look really bad. Hopefully we get a shot at em.

I dislike the league trending towards player-control. I dislike KD and Lebron acting like elementary school bullies. I resent the absence of attention and the fact that we clearly don't get help from the refs. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Jazz. But if I take my homer hat off, a few things seem pretty undeniable to me:
1. Even I, a diehard, don't have a ton of faith that we'll go past the 2nd round. The recent losses to good teams at full strength have done nothing to bolster that confidence. They have to prove it in the post-season, pure and simple.
2. Crying about the calls and the lack of respect and the All-Star ********* will not help. Maybe it shines a spotlight on the refs briefly and makes them acutely aware of any bias, real or perceived, but that, if taken too far, can quickly backfire.
3. I think Rudy Gobert is a really good defensive presence, and I like him. I think his personality is misunderstood, and as far as foreign-born players go, I think he's much more likable than that punk Joel Embiid. Having said that, I think he actually does get a pass on a lot of fouls because the NBA likes the idea of the "Stifle Tower." I really do. I think he fouls quite a bit more than the calls would suggest. And second, he just sucks against people like Towns, Jocic, AD and Embiid. He just sucks. So does he make an enormous difference against run-of-the-mill players? Yeah. Does he provide excellent help defense? Hell yeah. Can he shut down superstar centers? Rarely. He's got a strange, niche skillset, and we're maximizing it. And that's great. But I wish people would stop pretending he's something he's not.

I dislike the league trending towards player-control. I dislike KD and Lebron acting like elementary school bullies. I resent the absence of attention and the fact that we clearly don't get help from the refs. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Jazz. But if I take my homer hat off, a few things seem pretty undeniable to me:
1. Even I, a diehard, don't have a ton of faith that we'll go past the 2nd round. The recent losses to good teams at full strength have done nothing to bolster that confidence. They have to prove it in the post-season, pure and simple.
2. Crying about the calls and the lack of respect and the All-Star ********* will not help. Maybe it shines a spotlight on the refs briefly and makes them acutely aware of any bias, real or perceived, but that, if taken too far, can quickly backfire.
3. I think Rudy Gobert is a really good defensive presence, and I like him. I think his personality is misunderstood, and as far as foreign-born players go, I think he's much more likable than that punk Joel Embiid. Having said that, I think he actually does get a pass on a lot of fouls because the NBA likes the idea of the "Stifle Tower." I really do. I think he fouls quite a bit more than the calls would suggest. And second, he just sucks against people like Towns, Jocic, AD and Embiid. He just sucks. So does he make an enormous difference against run-of-the-mill players? Yeah. Does he provide excellent help defense? Hell yeah. Can he shut down superstar centers? Rarely. He's got a strange, niche skillset, and we're maximizing it. And that's great. But I wish people would stop pretending he's something he's not.

Post. . .less.

So are we now allowed to be happy when Karma finishes off Davis's Achillies tendon?

I mean I wasn't there before, but now? Ehhh. . .

Yeah, Can't do it. I can cheer like Hell for Lebron's moron movie to fail though.

So Locke had a good breakdown on this... boils down to - They are either kinda bullying our dudes and just making fun of Utah... or there is a perceived threat and they are trying to say "nah you ain't in our league".

I am sure these guys will add a little fuel to the fire.

So someone had mentioned earlier, in this thread or another, how maybe this brings Donovan and Rudy closer. I do think there's a good opportunity for that. Previously, Gobert did all the dirty work with little recognition, and generally wasn't liked by the league. Donovan came on the scene with a lot of lights on him and getting a lot of pub. With a few years going by, and Donovan seeing that the media is eager to shine some of that light elsewhere, I think things like this can be a wakeup call where you wonder why you're trying to be in a club like this, and one can further embrace their roots and prove themselves against the grain.

I think part of Donovan would like to be in the club, but now that he's starting to see it from this angle and being pushed to the outside (not just this issue, but the disrespect the team is getting for being comfortably the best record in the league), I think is enough to really question one's desire to fit in to that fraternity rather than blazing one's own trail.

I'm telling yall how hilarious would it be if Rudy is salty and comes in just goes hard. Few blocks... hard fouls at the rim... just screams "Nothing EASY!" after every time he blocks or fouls someone. Becomes the only player to foul out in the first half. Sets the tone for the Bad Boy Jazz.

I'm telling yall how hilarious would it be if Rudy is salty and comes in just goes hard. Few blocks... hard fouls at the rim... just screams "Nothing EASY!" after every time he blocks or fouls someone. Becomes the only player to foul out in the first half. Sets the tone for the Bad Boy Jazz.
We really need to sign Ron Artest. Does he have any legs left?

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"

We really need to sign Ron Artest. Does he have any legs left?

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"
Nah but Bogut likely could give us 3 minutes of hard fouls. He’d prolly love that role.

We still need one *******. DM could take a KD type heel turn and be that guy. Ideally it’s a guy that isn’t so important to your team if he gets thrown out. Jae was basically perfect. Should have kept him around just for that.