What's new

Donovan and Rudy selected last for all-stars

Utah needs a stronger PR department. They need to figure out how to get their players National Media attention. OKC did it with Durant and Westbrook. Spurs did it with Robinson and Duncan. Utah should invest money in this, like a billboard of Mitchell in Times Square. It will help to recruit and keep players and fans. Adidas is doing it’s part with Mitchell, but unless Utah figures out how to make their players into stars they will always be the last pick.

But it’s not Rudy and Donovan who need motivation. It’s the other guys I’m worried about. Bogie still sucks. His defense almost makes him unplayable in crunch time against good teams.
No, they both need to play better as well. Bogie isnt going to be a good defender. But he is shooting really well the last couple games and not turning the ball over.

Mitchell was bad at the end of clutch games, that has to change. Traditionally Mitchell has been pretty good in the clutch but not this year. His net rating in the last 5 minutes of games where we are within 5 points is -7 and he is shooting nm 28% from the floor and 20% from 3 in those situations this year. Its impossible to win close games with your main offensive player performing like that. Our team as a whole is pretty bad here. Mitchell has been really inefficient as well lately. In the clutch Mitchell has taken 35 shots and made only 10. The rest of our team has only shot 36 times, they made 19 of theirs. Gobert has been great at times but he has also got destroyed by some bigs. He needs to play better as well.

Ultimately Gobert and Mitchell are the ones to carry us in the playoffs. The other players matter less in the playoffs.

I hope Rudy plays really tough defense in the game and makes it no fun. Set a few really hard picks.

Everyone picks on the outcast until the outcast punches a sucka in the face. We need to buy into being the bad guy and start throwing hands.
Guard your grill and knuckle up nba
Hydras coming

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

"Hey Lebron, meet your All Star team coach.... Oh, and you'll be backing up Sabonis tonight. We need more passing."

tenor.gif

I haven't read to the end of the thread. But I think it's obvious that LeBron and KD are playing mind games with the Jazz. They want to deflate our confidence because they know there's a chance they could meet us in West Finals or even the League Finals. Why else would KD laugh like that at what LeBron said?

No, they both need to play better as well. Bogie isnt going to be a good defender. But he is shooting really well the last couple games and not turning the ball over.

Mitchell was bad at the end of clutch games, that has to change. Traditionally Mitchell has been pretty good in the clutch but not this year. His net rating in the last 5 minutes of games where we are within 5 points is -7 and he is shooting nm 28% from the floor and 20% from 3 in those situations this year. Its impossible to win close games with your main offensive player performing like that. Our team as a whole is pretty bad here. Mitchell has been really inefficient as well lately. In the clutch Mitchell has taken 35 shots and made only 10. The rest of our team has only shot 36 times, they made 19 of theirs. Gobert has been great at times but he has also got destroyed by some bigs. He needs to play better as well.

Ultimately Gobert and Mitchell are the ones to carry us in the playoffs. The other players matter less in the playoffs.
I think a lot of this has to do with Ingles often not closing games anymore. Ingles makes his teammates better

Go play against the best in the 80s ... where you could foul hard .... durant would be snapped in half ... Lebum wild get hacked all game ... imagine him going up against bad boys Detroit ... Malone would hammer him ... stock would set a pick on either of them and they’d need time off

The funny part is that LeBron teammates are notorious for not wanting to play with him. Ky-rie...

Also, this Jazz team seems to enjoy playing kickball basketball together.

Demanding respect and yet not being willing to give it. He's a reeeeeeal duche - Nacho

Zlatan was right. ;)

Last edited:
This.
Lavine is pretty awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yet his team is not even in the playoff hunt. What ever happened to winning being part of the decision when deciding who gets the attention or awards. The Jazz have always been disrespected in the media, and players. I watch ESPN after Jazz games and the majority of times they show more highlights of the other team than the Jazz even when the Jazz win. Most recently, They showed LaMelo highlights when his team lost by 20 pts. I just shook my head and said Nothing ever changes. People forget that Quin is the coach. I would laugh if he played Rudy over the starter at the end of a close game. I am actually a little glad this happened because it will just bring the team together and motivate DM and Rudy even more.

Wow, how childish and senseless. Still good for us going forward? In the playoffs Utah will play like their lives depend on it.

This playground choosing system creates an extra stupid drama. I was actually worrying that Donovan may get to be chosen much earlier than Rudy fueling some unnecessary tension. I am glad they're both in the same position, it's a huge slap on face for the whole team and should bring them even more together.
It also looks like the NBA is going in the direction of imitating the video game and not the other way around.

the true is KD and LJ are getting old they know next two three years window is closing day by day. Future of the league are JAZZ, HEAT, BUCKS, SIXER and LAC.
Obviously this was planned disrespected slander and the best thing what we can get from grandpas - they've motived us.

by the way I've played video games Malone all the time