What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

Donovan did a great job on First Take this morning. When asked what he thinks about superteams, he just talked about how proud he is of the team he had this year and what they accomplished. Talked about Gobert being an All Star. Seemed to want to build internally. When somebody gets the video, please post it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
He’s always got his teammates backs. It’s admirable and even further endearing for sure. I remember why I can’t stand Steven A Smith watching the show though. He loves drama and story lines just a bit too much.

I liked Donovan’s answer to the question....until he said it’d be okay for him to go to the Rockets. Then we get to deal with another ridiculously stacked team in the west. If the NBA continues to just turn into this non-competitor come join us league at some point it’s not worth watching. Lebron needs to stay in the east.

They spent a while talking about LeBron and KD and where they might go. I really wish they would have asked Donovan - would you want those guys to join you in Utah. It really would have put him on the spot, but I think his answer would have been interesting.

They spent a while talking about LeBron and KD and where they might go. I really wish they would have asked Donovan - would you want those guys to join you in Utah. It really would have put him on the spot, but I think his answer would have been interesting.

I felt like they put him on the spot enough, which he handled perfectly every time. When they likened him to being like Lebron and not having a good team about him, he instantly went to Ricky and Joe and pointed out specific games where he struggled and they excelled. Defended Rudy, and the teams record after Rudy came back. Donovan did a very good job. He’s super smart. I mean obviously Lebron isn’t going to Golden State or Boston, Steven A Smith and ESPN just want those punchline headlines.

I liked Donovan’s answer to the question....until he said it’d be okay for him to go to the Rockets. Then we get to deal with another ridiculously stacked team in the west. If the NBA continues to just turn into this non-competitor come join us league at some point it’s not worth watching. Lebron needs to stay in the east.
I don't think he opined on that, though. He was differentiating him going to Houston from him going to Golden State, which is a fair point.

I felt like they put him on the spot enough, which he handled perfectly every time. When they likened him to being like Lebron and not having a good team about him, he instantly went to Ricky and Joe and pointed out specific games where he struggled and they excelled. Defended Rudy, and the teams record after Rudy came back. Donovan did a very good job. He’s super smart. I mean obviously Lebron isn’t going to Golden State or Boston, Steven A Smith and ESPN just want those punchline headlines.

He did do a good job. I absolutely loved how he talked about Rudy and Joe when they tried to say he had to do everything. This kid is awesome.

He did do a good job. I absolutely loved how he talked about Rudy and Joe when they tried to say he had to do everything. This kid is awesome.
It is impressive. He could do all the work in a game and not take any credit.

It’s moments like those on the show today that show just how good of a kid he is and how committed to his teammates he is. When he was on the Dan Patrick show about a month ago, he defended Rubio when Dan was acting like Rubios jump shot was trash. A couple times today he went back to complimenting his team. Pointed to Ingles and Rubios great games instead of acting like he was carrying a load. Defended Rudy and continued to defend him even when Stephen A Smith pushed back a little.

Donovan’s someone you can be proud of and someone it’s so obvious why he has so much respect. Because he’s not a self centered, self aggrandizing, ******* like so many in his position can be. I saw someone say on twitter at the Cleveland baseball game they were sitting in front of him and he didn’t tell one person no for a picture. Donovan is as good of a kid as I’ve ever seen in my life. Just hope he stays that way.

Was that in the video link above? I missed it if it was and oneye mentioned it too.

Love the replies that Donovan gave. But hearing Lebron coming to the west makes me cringe. This League already is lopsided. Non competitive. And more entertainment than it is sport anymore. Him coming to the west would only make that even worse. I can’t wait to cheer on a true champion that doesn’t need to win with multiple all stars. Who does it with sheer will and determination. Where it isn’t handed and is worked for. I hope Donovan is that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Love the replies that Donovan gave. But hearing Lebron coming to the west makes me cringe. This League already is lopsided. Non competitive. And more entertainment than it is sport anymore. Him coming to the west would only make that even worse. I can’t wait to cheer on a true champion that doesn’t need to win with multiple all stars. Who does it with sheer will and determination. Where it isn’t handed and is worked for. I hope Donovan is that guy.

No one will be that guy as long as there are super teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donovan’s gonna need someone along side him to get over the hump.

No one will be that guy as long as there are super teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure that super teams are going to be around forever. Sure, guys will link up, but Golden State is an outlier. I think "super teams" will go more like OKC than Golden State. Miami got three good players together, but that team was not a super team. Not in my opinion. Dallas beat them because they were a better, more balanced team. San Antonio too. Boston will be good, but I'm not buying they will be a super team because I have zero faith that Kyrie can be the alpha on a title winner. He's not going to do the dirty work that makes their team defense work. Philly looks strong, but I don't think Embiid will ever stay completely healthy and Simmons has major issues shooting which will always limit his ceiling.

I would give Golden State 2 more years and then this thing will fall apart. Curry is already a liability on D and it's gonna get worse. When he's making $40 million per year at over 30, he will go from being awesome to a liability. Klay is going to get a massive payday in 2019, but I'm not sold that he could carry a contender. There is already talk about KD leaving. There is some chatter he could leave this summer but I don't buy it. I do, however, think he's gone in the next few years. Draymond with an older Curry and no KD doesn't scare me one bit. And he's going to get overpaid too. Iggy and Livingston are unique, key role players who leave before long.

San Antonio won 5 titles without being a super team. They were just balanced and made good, timely decisions. That's what we have to do and we'll win a title or two. In 2020 (which is only 2 years away), I don't think a super team exists. There simply isn't a team set up like Golden State was in 2016 when they had superstars and max space to add another superstar. They made decisions in response to LeBron and by 2020, LeBron won't be the dominance we see today.

The super star this kid is in year one is just.....almost unheard of. Especially with the fact 90% of the country hadnt heard of him in Louisville and to be here a year later and be what he is now and is on his way to being....is insane.

PS- watch a little past when Donovan leaves the screen Stephen A and Willbon take a brief moment to mention how much of a super star Donovan is.

Last edited:
He’s always got his teammates backs. It’s admirable and even further endearing for sure. I remember why I can’t stand Steven A Smith watching the show though. He loves drama and story lines just a bit too much.

Jesus, people, it’s ESPN. Why do you watch that garbage? It’s likely not even Steven A’s real opinion. It’s the network pinning one people’s ideas against another’s just to create drama and tension for the ratings. It’s basixally “reality” tv and is awful.

One of the best highlight videos of Mitchell I've seen:

WAY too many cuts in that video, almost unwatchable. And only on bout 4 or 5 of the plays did it give enough context to know exactly how awesome it was. It was mostly dribbling at the top of the key, cut, then he is at the rim, cut, then closeup of the ball going into the hoop. Hardly anything of DM and what he does that makes him so awesome. They cut to what they think are the exciting parts, like the very end of the dunk or the ball in a net or a 3 pt shot, when really what makes it exciting is the 4 guys he blew by on the way to what you think is a layup or a mis-guided attempt to move into traffic and instead ending in a huge dunk or a euro-step impossible-english layup. Lots of flash but no substance in this one.