What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

Ya, we lucked out with NBA giving Donovan love and recognizing his talent so he doesnt feel over looked here.

We saw how it affected Deron and Hayward. But in reality and retrospect they probably didnt deserve it as much as we wanted them to have it. They both had some things about them that could make people doubt. With Donovan its undeniable.
Yeah, he has something they didn’t, charisma, and he has it in spades. Winning is also important. The player themselves is more important. Locke made a comment on his podcast basically referring to Hayward not really being willing to do media things. He said it’s kind of hard to get credit, publicize, and market your guy or team when your guy isn’t willing to do those things. Donovan has been willing to do podcasts, interviews, has been on first take a few times, sportscenter, etc. Hes been willing to do those things which is another reason why he’s been so easy to market, along with his play and charisma of course.

Need to get this guy a title so he stays with the Jazz.
I only want one more present in life: to see Donovan's statue inside or outside Vivint (or whatever it's called in ~20 years). That's figuring on him playing another 15 and a few years to commission and erect the statue.

Need to get this guy a title so he stays with the Jazz.
I only want one more present in life: to see Donovan's statue inside or outside Vivint (or whatever it's called in ~20 years). That's figuring on him playing another 15 and a few years to commission and erect the statue.
Trust me I think there’s not much more any of us want at this point than for Donovan to be the reason a championship banner hangs and to see him remembered everywhere here. He wins a title or two here he should get a statue inside and out, a highway, a holiday and whatever the hell else he wants.

Everyone so nervous when we are guaranteed to have him for 7 years and his rookie season we got to the conference semifinals.

We’re ahead of schedule.

I’m not nervous.
I think Donovan loves it here and is a lifer

Not that I’m worried, but I thought the same about Hayward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean we’ll have to wait and see tbh. I was never warm on Hayward’s personality. Liked his talent, never liked him that much. I legitimately like who Donovan is. I think most of us loved Donovan before he played an NBA game, and then after 90 something games we are now madly in love with him.

Donovan seems very loyal, happy, committed to his teammates and coaches, happy to have it “on him” as the best player, and is very loved here and he knows it. Team success, and some individual success is going to factor into it (all star appearances,MVP,etc). Good news is, is that Donovan is more interesting than a blank sheet of paper (Hayward).

The bottom line is, relax, love him, enjoy him, and pray for his health and success, and let’s see where we are in 5-6 seasons.

The Jazz are the only God and Donovan is their Prophet:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/donovan-mitchell-utah-jazz/

Y’all fans showing up like you did — it’s hard to put into words how much it meant to me, in that moment. How much I needed that. And how much I’m going to take that into this off-season, and use it as fuel to get better.

To get Win the West better.

To get Bring a Championship to Utah better.

And that’s just real. The sky’s the limit here. We’ve got the Mayor of Swat Lake City in Rudy. We’ve got one of the most dangerous trios of young guards in the league in myself, Ricky and Dante. We’ve got this group who is going to do it all, both on the floor and in the locker room, in guys like Jae and Joe. We’ve got one of the best — and most underrated, if you ask me — coaches in the league, in Coach Snyder. And man, you already know:

We’ve got the best fans in the world.

It’s crazy to me that only a year ago, I was still deciding whether to even be in the NBA at all — whether to stay in school or to enter the draft. And I made the best decision of my life, no doubt. One, because I had a rookie year I can be proud of. Two, because, man … I just love this league. But maybe most of all, I know I made the right decision because I ended up where I belong.

Playing for this team, for this city.

Not that I’m worried, but I thought the same about Hayward.

Did Hayward go to the jazz for his first workout? Was Hayward super pumped about being drafted by the jazz? Did Hayward always talk of how much he loves it here?

The way Donovan has embraced the team and city and the way he talks about being here is way different than Hayward imo. Read the post 2 posts up from mine. Did Hayward aver say anything like that before?

Plus the fans have already embraced Donovan way more than we ever embraced Hayward at any point in his 7 years with the jazz.

Did Hayward go to the jazz for his first workout? Was Hayward super pumped about being drafted by the jazz? Did Hayward always talk of how much he loves it here?

The way Donovan has embraced the team and city and the way he talks about being here is way different than Hayward imo. Read the post 2 posts up from mine. Did Hayward aver say anything like that before?

Plus the fans have already embraced Donovan way more than we ever embraced Hayward at any point in his 7 years with the jazz.

First few years, yes, then he started talking about making all stars games and stuff, then I got worried.

Pretty much this. Hayward is a good player. Damn good, but he isn't Spida. He doesn't have his charisma, game, or ability to be the Alpha. DL's job from here on out is to build around Mitchell and Gobert. Let's do this....

First few years, yes, then he started talking about making all stars games and stuff, then I got worried.

Don't worry about this. Donovan will be more successful in these aspects. He's so much more marketable, so much more willing to market himself, and so easy for us and everyone else in the league to love. I have no doubt Donovan will make All-Star teams easier, be a legitimate candidate for MVP at some point, and be a super star. The truth is, it had very little to do with where Hayward played it had to do with the fact he was Hayward. The Jazz will do a lot more winning with Donovan as well, and reading his players tribune, my God you couldn't ask to have a better guy leading your organization and team. He has a will and fire to win and oozes loyalty. The bottom line is, team success will equal his individual success. The Jazz front office, ownership, and especially Dennis Lyndsey must do their part. Hayward was looking for reasons to leave. Donovan is not, and I am confident he never will. Donovan will commit himself and give all he has to every fan here and to the Jazz, but he has to receive the same in return.

Donovan did a great job on First Take this morning. When asked what he thinks about superteams, he just talked about how proud he is of the team he had this year and what they accomplished. Talked about Gobert being an All Star. Seemed to want to build internally. When somebody gets the video, please post it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app