What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

Small things that didn't warrant another thread, but are further proof that DM might be a God. A couple of things from his promo tour in the Phillipines:

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-s...it-recruitment-pitch-lebron-james-paul-george

Donovan, though, had a way simpler response on whether he also wants to bring LeBron James on board with the Jazz.

"Would I want to [play with him]? Who wouldn't?" he said.

But he also made it clear that the challenge of facing against the 4-time MVP feels better than playing with him.

"If I had a choice on playing [with] him or beating him, I'd rather beat him," said the reigning NBA Slam Dunk champion. "But if he wants to play with the Jazz, then we'll take him of course."

Bold text added to highlight key phrase. He knows exactly what to say and how to say it. There are very few young men like him in the world.

Also, if anyone heard Quin howling in joy last night, this maybe why. But few 21 year olds have this attention to detail:

Also, just because:

Last edited:
If I had a choice on playing [with] him or beating him, I'd rather beat him," said the reigning NBA Slam Dunk champion. "But if he wants to play with the Jazz, then we'll take him of course."

Sounds like something Kevin Durant would say. Hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mitchell cleared.

He’s one of those guys where I’ll be super interested to read all the puff pieces about what he’s working on in the offseason.

Donovan Mitchell; global ambassador

Good to hear he's doing a lot of stuff that is off the court. I'm not worried about him getting in enough practice before the season and improving his game. I'm more worried about him working too hard.

I think George is still 90% gone to LA. It all depends on King George. If the Lakers can't trade Ball, maybe Lebron goes somewhere else. I think that's the reason Lonzo is on the trade market. Lavar has said some pretty crazy **** (like there's nothing Lonzo could learn from James). I don't think Lebrom wants anything to do with Lavar and his meddling. It's a shame, because Lonzo has a ton of talent. But he's not coachable and maybe untradeable. No one wants to deal with his father.

Just wanted to say this somewhere. This whole Kawhi Leonard situation makes me appreciate Spida so much. Jazz better be ready with all the cash when his time comes, assuming health and desire to remain in Utah. Also, rain is wet apparently.

I agree with Andy Larsen. We've never seen anything like this. Ever...

It’s 100% true. While it’s a little scary seeing this type of love for Donovan everywhere, it’s exactly what you want as a small market. Your player not to be ignored. Donovan will not be ignored and if his game continues the way we all think it will, he’ll be beyond anything we or the franchise has ever experienced. Donovan has a chance to have a Lebron type affect on an organization. The Celeland Cavaliers were one of the worst franchises in all of sports. They are now a worldwide brand everyone knows and kind of thinks of as a staple in the NBA. All cause of one guy. The Jazz already had more history than the Cavs. We had Stockton and Malone. We were a part of the most viewed game in NBA history, we were a part of the MJ finals. Now the Jazz have a star that can absolutely propel this organization beyond what it’s ever been. As I said many times, if Donovan can’t get someone to come play here, if he can’t win a title here, I simply don’t think anyone can. Winning will equal keeping such an amazing star. Luckily the Jazz are a much more competent franchise, front office, and ownership than the Cavs or almost any NBA team.

It’s 100% true. While it’s a little scary seeing this type of love for Donovan everywhere, it’s exactly what you want as a small market. Your player not to be ignored. Donovan will not be ignored and if his game continues the way we all think it will, he’ll be beyond anything we or the franchise has ever experienced. Donovan has a chance to have a Lebron type affect on an organization. The Celeland Cavaliers were one of the worst franchises in all of sports. They are now a worldwide brand everyone knows and kind of thinks of as a staple in the NBA. All cause of one guy. The Jazz already had more history than the Cavs. We had Stockton and Malone. We were a part of the most viewed game in NBA history, we were a part of the MJ finals. Now the Jazz have a star that can absolutely propel this organization beyond what it’s ever been. As I said many times, if Donovan can’t get someone to come play here, if he can’t win a title here, I simply don’t think anyone can. Winning will equal keeping such an amazing star. Luckily the Jazz are a much more competent franchise, front office, and ownership than the Cavs or almost any NBA team.

Well said buddy, well said.

The future is about as bright as it ever has been.