What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

This is a special moment, I like that he kind of had it in his mind about telling them he wouldn’t be back. You can clearly hear him say “we ain’t goin back, we ain’t goin back to that mother f-, see you next year, we ain’t going back, see you next year” Then of course the hug with his mom.

I think I am starting to like the Brandon Roy/Dwayne Wade hybrid comparison for Mitchell.

Reactions: 8
With every win, and dunk DM is bringing more and more people into the Utah Jazz side. So many new eyes on our team, and its growing by the day.

A lot of people love the underdog, and a team that plays together. We are easy to root for.

I'll just leave this right here...

I have seen very few players, in my 30+ years of being a basketball fan, who use english on the ball as naturally and effectively as DM does. The way he takes the ball all the way to the backboard and seems to just let it go at the bottom of the backboard and the ball just crawls up and into the net. That shot against PG where his angle was as tight as it could possible have been and you can see the english as the ball spins in. Just awesome.

Mitchell ended up with 24.4 ppg in the playoffs this year. This makes him the 11th highest ppg for a rookie in the playoffs and 4th(all HOFers) all-time for a rookie who made it to the 2nd round. Also 4th all time since the 3 point line began. His playoff stats as a rookie are only matched by HOF players.

I have seen very few players, in my 30+ years of being a basketball fan, who use english on the ball as naturally and effectively as DM does. The way he takes the ball all the way to the backboard and seems to just let it go at the bottom of the backboard and the ball just crawls up and into the net. That shot against PG where his angle was as tight as it could possible have been and you can see the english as the ball spins in. Just awesome.
I think I am starting to like the Brandon Roy/Dwayne Wade hybrid comparison for Mitchell.

You could say he is a hyrbid of a lot of players and even brings some of his own unique tools. He sure has a wide variety skills.

What stands out to me the most is the use of one hand on his shots around the hoop. Other players do it to, but not as frequently as him. He makes it look easy. You are expecting him to gather control of the ball once in a while by touching it with the other hand, but he never does. He must have great control with his hands like Jordan.

The other thing that stands out and looks unique is how he controls the dribble after splitting the defenders. He puts the ball out there in front where no one can touch it then uses his long arms to continue the dribble. But it looks very under control and in a low to the ground not hunched over kind of way. I know his arms are long, but they seem to grow longer in those situations. The other players have long arms too, but his seem like Gumby arms with some sticky hands. His Spida nickname fits him perfectly.

I like how he uses his long arms to keep the ball low or high driving the lane too. Another skill you dont see people using a ton.

The way he plays reminds me of how you would play against some shorter kids. But he is the shorter one on the court. Its weird what he is doing. He some how keeps the ball out of arms reach from everyone.

You could say he is a hyrbid of a lot of players and even brings some of his own unique tools. He sure has a wide variety skills.

What stands out to me the most is the use of one hand on his shots around the hoop. Other players do it to, but not as frequently as him. He makes it look easy. You are expecting him to gather control of the ball once in a while by touching it with the other hand, but he never does. He must have great control with his hands like Jordan.

The other thing that stands out and looks unique is how he controls the dribble after splitting the defenders. He puts the ball out there in front where no one can touch it then uses his long arms to continue the dribble. But it looks very under control and in a low to the ground not hunched over kind of way. I know his arms are long, but they seem to grow longer in those situations. The other players have long arms too, but his seem like Gumby arms with some sticky hands. His Spida nickname fits him perfectly.

I like how he uses his long arms to keep the ball low or high driving the lane too. Another skill you dont see people using a ton.

The way he plays reminds me of how you would play against some shorter kids. But he is the shorter one on the court. Its weird what he is doing. He some how keeps the ball out of arms reach from everyone.
He just maximizes his length like basically no one else. That paired with his hesitation moves, floater, ability to stop on a dime, AND of course that extra burst of speed to the rim makes him extremely tough to cover.

If he can improve his above-the-break/off-the-dribble 3, learn to initiate/draw more contact on the bigs and guys he puts on skates, and improve his vision and his ability to make better passes off that attention, he will generate 20 extra points per game for the team (that of course includes assists).

Heat had the 14th pick makes me wonder how far Donovan would have fallen had the Jazz not wanted him so bad. Another thanks to DL for seeing something in him.

Heat had the 14th pick makes me wonder how far Donovan would have fallen had the Jazz not wanted him so bad. Another thanks to DL for seeing something in him.

Not too far, it's not like there weren't other teams that liked him. Pistons liked him at 12, but felt their biggest need was shooting

Didn't know where to put this but I think it fits. Got a buddy I play pickup with who buys jerseys. He got me the attached at a decent price.

I'm all aboard the Mitchell bandwagon. Go Jazz.

Attachments

• Mitchell 1.jpg
    Mitchell 1.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 19
  • Mitchell 2.jpg
    Mitchell 2.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Mitchell 3.jpg
    Mitchell 3.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 18