What's new

Donovan Mitchell Trade Threads

if Mitchell wants to end up being a Knick, why do him a favor? If Knicks want him that bad I’d ask for the farm. We don’t have to trade him!! I’d want rj, obi, cam, the Dallas 1st rounder, 4 future 1st rounders, a few 2nds and I’d scan the league and see if we could flip Randle. I’d trade Mitchell, Royce, pascal, gay in any Mitchell package.

Knicks might say no and you trade him to someone else. This is the same management that traded a future 1st for cam and then ok’d the coach to not play him.

Overpay for him today or risk him loving his new team more.

If you wanted to do a stay relevant Donovan trade I think the Kings would be open to a Fox/Holiday + their pick this year (if it isn't top 4) + maybe a future pick (I'd want one more piece) for Donovan and Royce.

Saves us only a few million... you have to find a new home for Conley... but maybe Fox is better with the stink of Sacramento off of him and you get that mid round lotto pick that might be the piece that boosts the team up.

If you wanted to do a stay relevant Donovan trade I think the Kings would be open to a Fox/Holiday + their pick this year (if it isn't top 4) + maybe a future pick (I'd want one more piece) for Donovan and Royce.

Saves us only a few million... you have to find a new home for Conley... but maybe Fox is better with the stink of Sacramento off of him and you get that mid round lotto pick that might be the piece that boosts the team up.
I just hate the idea of pairing Gobert with someone as bad at shooting as Fox

I kinda liked a Graham/Nance/Murphy/like 4/5 1sts from New Orleans deal I saw proposed elsewhere.

Would need to find a way to turn one of Graham or Conley into a bigger guard though.

I just hate the idea of pairing Gobert with someone as bad at shooting as Fox
He is longer/bigger so maybe he can hit the high pass more. IDK there are obviously some issues with any “win now” types of trades. Was looking for teams that would have interest and a top 10 pick and thought the Fox deal was about as good of a swap one guy for the other type of deal. I’d want the two picks and that might be a bit rich for the kings… not sure if they have a plan or if they’d be really excited about the swap.

Donovan to the Pistons for Jerami Grant, Killian Hayes, their top-3 pick this year, 2024 1st and 2026 1st.
They owe a pick to OKC with protections... it won't convey until 2025 likely... so at most you can get one more pick in 2027. I am not sure what Portland is willing to offer for Grant but rumors were a pick and Hart... so you may be able to flip Grant for the 6 and 11 this year... or maybe just the 6th pick and Hart? Depends on where they land.

I'm in the trade both Rudy and Donovan (as long as offers are strong) and rebuild... so I wouldn't want to keep Grant.

They owe a pick to OKC with protections... it won't convey until 2025 likely... so at most you can get one more pick in 2027. I am not sure what Portland is willing to offer for Grant but rumors were a pick and Hart... so you may be able to flip Grant for the 6 and 11 this year... or maybe just the 6th pick and Hart? Depends on where they land.

I'm in the trade both Rudy and Donovan (as long as offers are strong) and rebuild... so I wouldn't want to keep Grant.

Donovan to Detroit

Grant to Portland

Hart, Hayes, 3, 6, 2027 1st to Utah

You think so? What’s a potential package you think we’d be able to get?
I think he is saying keep him, that we aren't valuing his contributions enough, not that we think the asking price is too little. I could be wrong though.

You think so? What’s a potential package you think we’d be able to get?
Without looking at number or trade machine stuff (and this is more “a trade like this”) I’d think something like with ATL where you get a Collins, Hunter and 2 first with a pick swap or 2.

Meaning a team that’s middling, that has some good young pieces that could break out and have value, plus quality picks that will likely be high value.

ATL worked for that purpose but pairing DM with Trae would be defensive suicide. But you get the point…..?

Hart and Hayes have very little value, imo.

Teams I’d love to see approached would be TOR, ORL, ATL, CHA, IND, SAC, HOU.

I’d prefer him to go east though.

Without looking at number or trade machine stuff (and this is more “a trade like this”) I’d think something like with ATL where you get a Collins, Hunter and 2 first with a pick swap or 2.

Meaning a team that’s middling, that has some good young pieces that could break out and have value, plus quality picks that will likely be high value.

ATL worked for that purpose but pairing DM with Trae would be defensive suicide. But you get the point…..?

I get what you are saying but we don’t do that deal for Hart and Hayes we do it to have two top-6 picks in the draft this year.

I get what you are saying but we don’t do that deal for Hart and Hayes we do it to have two top-6 picks in the draft this year.
The #3 and #6 picks in this year's draft are worth more than Hunter and Collins. Top 4 is pretty strong. It drops off but there are some decent upside gambles in the middle of the lotto.

I do think there are likely better deals we can get. You can flip Hart and Hayes is likely a bust but a buy super low flyer.

Our best chance at a great trade package is if NY lands in the top 4. I can see them being willing to give that up plus a bunch more for Donovan. Other teams are looking at it as a 3 year period where they might keep him... NY would be looking at it as 7-10 years of Donovan. I still think they want to keep RJ which is fine if we get everything else.