What's new

Exum Update

Anyone think it is a possibility that DM does for Dante what G.Hill did for Gobert?

DMs ability to finish and the way he uses his length is something I think he can help Dante with.

Is there any feel for his return? The fact that he is practicing means that he can't be too far away and my bet is that both Dante and DL would like to get some minutes with Dante playing this season to start a new analysis of his worth. Can we expect him by March 1 do we think?

I don't know how anyone can say that Exum's shot is as bad as Rubio's. Yeah, he hasn't hit it at a high percentage in the pro's, but Rubio's shot is ugly. Exum at least has a consistent/smooth stroke. Not ideal for anything but a set shot, but at least its repeatable.

From Tony Jones at the Tribune:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/...k-consider-this-rough-patch-more-of-a-hiccup/

"I don’t think it really matters if there’s a lot of interest around the league for Dante Exum because the Jazz almost certainly are going to keep him. He’s solidly in the long-term plans for this franchise. Let’s put it this way: The Jazz think Exum’s injury has hurt the team almost as much as Rudy Gobert’s injury."

Dear Exum haters: Drop suck on dat fo a while

From Tony Jones at the Tribune:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/...k-consider-this-rough-patch-more-of-a-hiccup/

"I don’t think it really matters if there’s a lot of interest around the league for Dante Exum because the Jazz almost certainly are going to keep him. He’s solidly in the long-term plans for this franchise. Let’s put it this way: The Jazz think Exum’s injury has hurt the team almost as much as Rudy Gobert’s injury."

Dear Exum haters: Drop suck on dat fo a while
I don’t doubt the franchise planning to keep Dante, but the part about thinking his injury is in the ballpark of Gobert’s? If they thought that, why did we witness so much Shelvin Mack?

I don’t doubt the franchise planning to keep Dante, but the part about thinking his injury is in the ballpark of Gobert’s? If they thought that, why did we witness so much Shelvin Mack?
Because Exum was still recovering from his ACL most of the season.

Because Snyder was hard on Exum because he pushes him harder than any player according to Snyder because he sees a lot in him.

Because Exum was up and down and Mack was more steady.

Because the team was trying to keep Hayward happy.

Because Exum was still recovering from his ACL most of the season.

Because Snyder was hard on Exum because he pushes him harder than any player according to Snyder because he sees a lot in him.

Because Exum was up and down and Mack was more steady.

Because the team was trying to keep Hayward happy.
I consider Exum basically a rookie last year. I know he played 1 year and recovered from injury 1 year, but he was so far behind in year 1, being only 19 and never having played any elite competition. I'm considering this year to be like his second year in the NBA, and will judge his performance as such.