What's new

Exum Update

I’m certain he’ll do that. But unlikely enough to get a ridiculous contract thrown his way ? Hopefully just enough that we’re more sure of what he might be
That would be nice. But if we are more sure of what he is and still want him, other teams will be sure as well. Its not like they arent keeping eyes on him, it is the GM and scouts jobs.

Hopefully Jazz scare any offers off by letting it known they will match regardless? Then the same thing that happened to Mirotic happens to Exum, except the Jazz lock him down longer.

I feel the same way. I want to see him, Mitchell and Gobert play together.

The only problem is if Exum plays well teams might throw some real money at him. But if he plays well enough then I guess we just match and we have a awesome three man building block with other players like Hood and Inlges that could fit in well with them or be moved.

Please, sweet Jesus, let Exum play well enough that teams will want to max him out.

Please.

Reactions: MVP
Please, sweet Jesus, let Exum play well enough that teams will want to max him out.

Please.

I agree. Let Exum just explode into a max player. Sounds fantastic to me.

Then the Jazz will have Gobert, Mitchell and a max level playing Exum.

Neg.

I hate this DM v Dante narrative more than watching Rubio run our offense. Its beyond me why people push this narrative and arent stoked to see them play together.

100%. As an unabashed Dante homer I want him to succeed alongside or as a subordinate to Mitchell. Further I am not ignorant enough to believe Dante has shown (or ever will show) himself to be nearly as good as Mitchell) - but I love the idea of them working together and succeeding together.

The haters are unreasonable. Name 10 rookies as good as Mitchell in the last 5 years? People will say KAT, Giannis, Gobert, CJ McCollum, Oladipo, Jokic, Embiid, Booker, Jamal Murray, Simmons? Mitchell is crazy good and if people want to attack Exum for not being as good as him - then why not attack everyone on the Jazz team not named Gobert.

Indeed of that list above, I bet a number of you on here wouldn't take anyone over Mitchell. I would perhaps only take Embiid (and given his injury history that is probably stupid).

The hate on Exum is lame. At least Exum still has a shot. There are so many players who have already busted out over that 5 year period.

100%. As an unabashed Dante homer I want him to succeed alongside or as a subordinate to Mitchell. Further I am not ignorant enough to believe Dante has shown (or ever will show) himself to be nearly as good as Mitchell) - but I love the idea of them working together and succeeding together.

The haters are unreasonable. Name 10 rookies as good as Mitchell in the last 5 years? People will say KAT, Giannis, Gobert, CJ McCollum, Oladipo, Jokic, Embiid, Booker, Jamal Murray, Simmons? Mitchell is crazy good and if people want to attack Exum for not being as good as him - then why not attack everyone on the Jazz team not named Gobert.

Indeed of that list above, I bet a number of you on here wouldn't take anyone over Mitchell. I would perhaps only take Embiid (and given his injury history that is probably stupid).

The hate on Exum is lame. At least Exum still has a shot. There are so many players who have already busted out over that 5 year period.

Hoping Dante comes back strong, my cement is pretty wet at the end of a long day. (Got the game on on league pass with my feet up after inhaling a lamb sanger) See what happens, my best for the lad.

At least Exum still has a shot

Literally? Not really :D

In all seriousness, I just expect him to form a dynamic backcourt duo with DM. At least I wish he becomes a solid starter/role player.

What would you guys be happy with in the next two years? I would be satisfied if he averages 13ppg, 4rb, 4as, 1.5 st with solid defense, decent shooting (44%, 35% on 3s) and a game based on attacking the basket, running the fast break.

In all seriousness, I just expect him to form a dynamic backcourt duo with DM. At least I wish he becomes a solid starter/role player.

What would you guys be happy with in the next two years? I would be satisfied if he averages 13ppg, 4rb, 4as, 1.5 st with solid defense, decent shooting (44%, 35% on 3s) and a game based on attacking the basket, running the fast break.

Yep - sounds great (not sure he has the hands for the steals tbh) - because in all seriousness Mitchell just needs a 'wingman' who can continue to punch holes at the defense and keep them (slightly) honest from deep. Add the defensive support Exum might be able to provide and he becomes a very solid complementary piece. I also think Exum could be the biggest beneficiary of having an alpha type guard like Mitchell. Exum will be such an afterthought for so many teams.

All that is possible imo.

Always appeard that when Dante got rolling he'd score really quickly.

I'm guessing anything short of Jordan or Bryant level play and some of our members won't be satisfied. If he can work his way into a competent nba starter I will be thrilled. We just need someone to be able to lob to Gobert and set Mitchell up at all possible times!

I'm guessing anything short of Jordan or Bryant level play and some of our members won't be satisfied. If he can work his way into a competent nba starter I will be thrilled. We just need someone to be able to lob to Gobert and set Mitchell up at all possible times!
The draft comparisons to Kobe by TV analysts were ridiculous