What's new

Exum Update

The Jazz aren't going to let Dante go IMO unless the price is ridiculous. Dante doesn't have much leverage to go out on the open market and demand a lot of money. I don't see Phily offering Dante more than the Jazz are willing to match. Lots of players are friends around the league, I don't see Phily or any team wanting to over pay for Dante. He hasn't proved much, is still a pretty raw player, and has been injured a lot. His value just isn't that high, and I think the Jazz should resign him. He has the body, length, speed, and athleticism to be good, but it all has to come together still. This free agency the Jazz have the power to match whatever they want. I do however feel like Dante is one of those guys who will leave if the Jazz develop him into a great player his next contract though.

I hope Exum will sign a contract some where else, taking into account the way he has been treated by Snyder and some Utah fans. For the last few years He has been treated like an idiot by Snyder with a short leash. Many Utah fans here also kept saying he was a bust. Sign a contract some where else, Dante, you dont need to take this S*** .
I think Utah has been fair with him. He started midway through his rookie year, despite being clearly unready. Sure, he's been pushed by Quin. So was Rudy. And Snyder's been in the ear of Donovan.

I'm sure Dante will want to gauge his value on the market. Hayward did the summer after he turned down the same money Favors got in his extension. That's the process. And the Jazz can match and keep him. Jazz did that with Hayward and Millsap. Or his agent and DL reach an agreement after surveying the market.

Because agents often stretch the truth and create their own rumors, it wouldn't surprise me see Lindsey want to match an actual offer sheet before just handing out a ton of $.

The 76ers have plenty of cap space next year. It would also be tempting for Dante to play with his best friend Ben Simmons for a play off team.
Simmons piss poor shooting and bad work ethic might rub off on Exum. Plus there are not enough inflated stats to go around on that team.

Exum is much better off here.

Either way he is a rfa and any offer is getting matched. Jazz are very high on him.

The 76ers have plenty of cap space next year. It would also be tempting for Dante to play with his best friend Ben Simmons for a play off team.

Cuz Philly is going to break the bank for a third point guard? This is idiocy. . .

Cuz Philly is going to break the bank for a third point guard? This is idiocy. . .
They might play Simmons at pf more and more going forward. They have said he will move there sometimes when fultz comes back. But it is dumb, they don't chase Exum.

If Simmons can't shoot he can't play pg due to not being able to properly run a pick and roll. No team is successful with a non shooting pg. Those problems will get much worse in the playoffs where defenses and scouting step up and there are more half grind out sets.

Guess you don't know that pushing a player is.

Exum and Snyder have a great relationship.

Snyder talks about Exum more than any other player, even while he is hurt. He thinks he will be really good but it's really raw and pushes him harder than any other player on the team according to him. He is trying very hard to help develop him right and good habits in him.

It's not Snyder's fault Exum got hurt twice now. Last season Exum was still recovering from his ACL. It takes time to get back from that injury. Especially the first half of the season.

It's hard to take you Australians kids serious when you are such huge homers.
Utahjazz32 sounds like he’s about 15 years old but Rubashov is 45 year old masquerading in a grumpy 82 year old blokes body and should be taken very seriously indeed.

Happy Austrayah day you blokes... crack open a few tinnies for us

Utahjazz32 sounds like he’s about 15 years old but Rubashov is 45 year old masquerading in a grumpy 82 year old blokes body and should be taken very seriously indeed.

Is it alright if I crack open 20+ for ya?

Get that right, i'm 35 in a 95 year old's body.... Just rolled through the door, had a few cans today, couldn't really tie one on got work tomorrow.

They might play Simmons at pf more and more going forward. They have said he will move there sometimes when fultz comes back. But it is dumb, they don't chase Exum.

If Simmons can't shoot he can't play pg due to not being able to properly run a pick and roll. No team is successful with a non shooting pg. Those problems will get much worse in the playoffs where defenses and scouting step up and there are more half grind out sets.

Simmons is the primary ball handler and the offense will run through him. It is not even an open issue. Whether you call him a PF or a PG is immaterial. It is the role that is important, not what you call it. Simmons will not guard speedy 1s, but that is on the other side of the ball and immaterial to this discussion.

While I mostly agree with you I'm pretty sure there have been successful teams with non shooting point guards. Or at least one anyway.
Rondo won a championship and he was considered a non shooter iirc.
I remember people saying Jason kidd was a non shooter and his teams had some success.

Probaby a few others that I can't think of.

Your point is still valid though. It's extremely rare.

Seems like a lot of ppl in the media with a lot of access to the jazz say Hayward didnt like Exum that much. The Jazz, worried about losing Hayward, didnt always put Dante in the best positions to be successful. The offense Hayward liked and the one Dante needs are pretty different.

While I mostly agree with you I'm pretty sure there have been successful teams with non shooting point guards. Or at least one anyway.
Rondo won a championship and he was considered a non shooter iirc.
I remember people saying Jason kidd was a non shooter and his teams had some success.

Probaby a few others that I can't think of.

Your point is still valid though. It's extremely rare.

Rondo might be the very rare exception. Although he was a minor part of the championship team and had 3 HOF players next to him on the court. So I guess that is the key to having a non shooting PG is to have three very elite players to carry you.

Jason Kidd was never a great 3 point shooter but he could shoot it at a decent clip. He averaged 35% for his career from 3. The year he won the championship he shot 37% from 3 on the playoffs.

Simmons is the primary ball handler and the offense will run through him. It is not even an open issue. Whether you call him a PF or a PG is immaterial. It is the role that is important, not what you call it. Simmons will not guard speedy 1s, but that is on the other side of the ball and immaterial to this discussion.

Then, ill use the term ball handler for your sake. He will need to play off ball and more in the post if he cant learn to shoot and his team wants to be successful in the post seaso.

Seems like a lot of ppl in the media with a lot of access to the jazz say Hayward didnt like Exum that much. The Jazz, worried about losing Hayward, didnt always put Dante in the best positions to be successful. The offense Hayward liked and the one Dante needs are pretty different.

This is the first I have heard of this, but I don't get local sports radio at the moment. Or for the past five years for that matter.

Bwahahahahahaha. So, what you are saying, is that Hayward “Deron’ed” Exum?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha. That’s rich.

This is the first I have heard of this, but I don't get local sports radio at the moment. Or for the past five years for that matter.

Same. I follow SLC Dunk and all the usual Jazz beat writers and never heard this.