What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

Listen, I think Donovan is wearing down a bit, and it’s understandable. A kid who played just over 30 games last season and around 30 minutes a night is now playing 40 minutes a night and on game 71. He’s being asked to take on the offensive load of his team, be the face of a franchise, and carry us home in the 4th quarter of every game and carry this team to a playoff push in an extremely competitive and crowded western conference. He’s one of the only guys on the team that can actually create his own shot. What’s being asked of Donovan is insane....insane for his rookie season and I hope fans can understand that. That’s why I think any criticism of him at this point is ridiculous. Look at what he’s done all season long, look at the load he’s carried, look at how fun he’s made this season.

He has room for improvement and he’s going to, but he knows it, the coaches will help him with what he can improve on, and he really deserves nothing but praise from fans for what he’s done. I think it would be nice if he could play 10 damn less minutes a night and the bench could find a way to score a few points and take some pressure off him. The bench has let the starters down in a big way.

I get people aren’t moaning and groaning too much but Donovan’s had weight dropped on him like very few rookies ever had in this league, and I think he’s been impressive in how he’s handled it. He will handle it, he will get better, but he may wear down towards the end of this season and you can’t really blame him for it.

Mitchell's 54.2% TS% would be Hayward's second worst season ever. Just saying.

The kid's been unbelievably great. But he needs work.

Was his worse ts% season his rookie season?

I think it was the year he earned his first max contract. Maybe year 4.

Listen, I think Donovan is wearing down a bit, and it’s understandable. A kid who played just over 30 games last season and around 30 minutes a night is now playing 40 minutes a night and on game 71. He’s being asked to take on the offensive load of his team, be the face of a franchise, and carry us home in the 4th quarter of every game and carry this team to a playoff push in an extremely competitive and crowded western conference. He’s one of the only guys on the team that can actually create his own shot. What’s being asked of Donovan is insane....insane for his rookie season and I hope fans can understand that. That’s why I think any criticism of him at this point is ridiculous. Look at what he’s done all season long, look at the load he’s carried, look at how fun he’s made this season.

He has room for improvement and he’s going to, but he knows it, the coaches will help him with what he can improve on, and he really deserves nothing but praise from fans for what he’s done. I think it would be nice if he could play 10 damn less minutes a night and the bench could find a way to score a few points and take some pressure off him. The bench has let the starters down in a big way.

I get people aren’t moaning and groaning too much but Donovan’s had weight dropped on him like very few rookies ever had in this league, and I think he’s been impressive in how he’s handled it. He will handle it, he will get better, but he may wear down towards the end of this season and you can’t really blame him for it.

This.

9 from 28 for fg and
1 from 10 for 3s
and some deluded people here think
DM should be ROY over Ben Simmons ?

Last edited:
You are so dramatic!!

DM is nothing like Melo. He takes pride in his defense and is still a pass first guy. Put the dummy back in your mouth ffs, this tatrum is getting out of hand.

More like a chuck first guy. He just keep on shooting despite shooting brick after brick. This latest game is a good example, 9 from 28 for fg. 1 from 10 for 3s.

Last edited:
9 from 28 for fg and
1 from 10 for 3s
and some deluded people here think
DM should be ROY over Ben Simmons ?

Yo momma is deluded

More like a chuck first guy. He just keep on shooting despite shooting brick after brick. This latest game is a good example, 9 from 28 for fg. 1 from 10 for 3s.

Yo momma is a good example of a brick