What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

He needs to learn how to get to a better shot. Not to settle for junk shots. He's settling right now.

Teams want him to take the shots he is taking. You wanna spin off a screen and take an unbalanced 26 footer? Go for it! You want to take a highly coveted 28 foot shot with 10+ on the shot clock? Go for it! That's what opposing coaches and teams want.

I don't want Mitchell to get into the habit of taking bad shots just because he can. He needs to work through this to get a better shot.

It's funny, because so often you hear people say, "Just wait to see how much better Mitchell will be in year.", but if you dare suggest now that he's doing something wrong, or bad, people get real pissy. He can't improve if there's nothing wrong with his game, you can't have it both ways.
You aren’t being completely unfair, but I don’t understand who you guys want taking those shots, or how ridiculously hard it is to drive when you don’t have shooters spacing the floor. At times maybe it’s settling but do you run the shot clock dry or take the best shot you see? There are times he doesn’t have much offensive help, and if he isn’t shooting 10 3s and 20+ shots a night then who is?

^
This is a fair criticism. We really need another creator who can also hit the 3. A 3/4 combo. Mikal Bridges may be ideal (how much can he create though?) but I can’t see any way we can get him.

My only real criticism of DM is that goddamned pump fake from 3. It. Doesn’t. Work.

Hawks are well coached and disciplined... pump fakes are effective in general.

It’s just a make or miss league... I don’t have a problem with him shooting threes like last night... sometimes you have to take the shot given.

We need a creator on the second unit and a three point shooting 4.

Jonas has been way off... crowder can do it and is a good shooter, but I think having a guy like Niko changes the game last night.

Uhh, wut? He has gotten a ton of players to bite or freeze on his pump fake. It works very well. He has a great pump fake.

As mentioned above... hawks are disciplined and well coached. They weren’t biting but others certainly do.

If we hit a few threes last night it’s a blowout. That was the shot given and we couldn’t shoot straight.

Mirotic has been a dumpster fire in New Orleans.

I trust your ability to evaluate talent. What long 3/stretch 4 guy is in the draft who should be in the 15-21 range? And ideally, this same guy is also a threat off the dribble.

I know I'm asking for the world.

Mirotic has been a dumpster fire in New Orleans.

Yes but I’m not convinced that is all him. It might be but I think Quin would be able to use a guy like that.

Doesn’t have to be Niko but a knockdown stretch 4 would really help. That or a point guard that can punish guys for going under screens.

I trust your ability to evaluate talent. What long 3/stretch 4 guy is in the draft who should be in the 15-21 range? And ideally, this same guy is also a threat off the dribble.

Don’t draft for immediate need... address that in FA or trade. If the perfect guy falls in your lap and is the most talented dude then sure but otherwise find the best talent available. Rookies don’t help you win in general... Donovan excluded obvi.

Don’t draft for immediate need... address that in FA or trade. If the perfect guy falls in your lap and is the most talented dude then sure but otherwise find the best talent available. Rookies don’t help you win in general... Donovan excluded obvi.

That's fair. But who's there or a little beyond that range that fits that profile? Does the Michigan kid have any ability to do anything other than hit a 3?

I mean, that's a pretty small list and nothing anyone else cant tell you.

Knox

I dont think there is anyone else in that small range.

You trust the same guy who had Donovan as our 5th best player when it was already apparent he was special? Don't do it.

Bates-Diop

Haven't seen him play but I like his name, his body/frame/looks and stats. Sign me up. I'm definitely down for this dude.

KBP is my must pick guy in this draft. Trade down to get this guy and pick up an additional 1st in '19 or '20 for doing so.

Mirotic is a player. Whether his heart is in it is what it will come down to. I think Donovan, Rudy, Jingles, etc. would offer a great situation for him.

Last edited: