What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

Donovan can take all the catch and shoot 3's he wants, but yeah the off the dribble stuff earlier in the shot clock peel it back a bit.

Ingles had a brutal game. Just seemed a step slow, and couldnt hit any 3s.

Tough tough loss obviously. Everyone was out of sync. Somehow Atlanta just matches us really well with us too.
And my boi Dennis is the real deal. There were clowns here that tried to say he wasn't an NBA player. He owned us.

We knew our young guys would have some hiccups on the way. This was a big one. Let's see how we recover.

Reactions: RJF
Come on man.
I have noticed that you call losses early in games somewhat often. We tend to win most of em and this is the hawks and the jazz are at home

What? When have I done that? I was critical in the Pels game of dumb **** but I don’t think I said we were gonna lose.

Last night was more dumb ****. Mitchell likes to take dumb shots. I know it’s unpopular to say it but he does. Catch and shoot 3’s two feet beyond the line with someone on him. Semi out of control drives. Like that. His % were a concern for me coming out of Louisville and they still are.

That said, I really want to see what an off-season for Mitchell and Rubio can do so far as their shooting is concerned.

Lol at the Mitchell hate today.

The kid can make any shot so he can take any shot. No one else is going to step up! Y'all be screaming for an Alpha dog for forever, finally have one and now you want him to reign it in? Give me a break.

DM has had a huge workload this year with little help offensivley.

Fire away Spida.

[QUOTE="elan_prodigy, post: 1564689, member: 4903"The kid can make any shot so he can take any shot. No one else is going to step up! Y'all be screaming for an Alpha dog for forever, finally have one and now you want him to reign it in? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... he can make any type of shot, but not any type of shot at any given night. There are nights when his outside shots are way off the mark. I think that if Donovan is, let's say, 1 for 5 from 3s on a given night he should focusing on other things instead of taking more 3 pointers.

[QUOTE="elan_prodigy, post: 1564689, member: 4903"The kid can make any shot so he can take any shot. No one else is going to step up! Y'all be screaming for an Alpha dog for forever, finally have one and now you want him to reign it in? Give me a break.

Yeah... he can make any type of shot, but not any type of shot at any given night. There are nights when his outside shots are way off the mark. I think that if Donovan is, let's say, 1 for 5 from 3s on a given night he should focusing on other things instead of taking more 3 pointers.[/QUOTE]

You can literally say that about any player in the league.

My only real criticism of DM is that goddamned pump fake from 3. It. Doesn’t. Work.
The main reason they lost is they couldn't guard Schroeder. Why didn't they start to double down on him? They just continually stuck to single coverage and he would either get an open shot off of picks or blow by whoever guarded him. They should've stuck Donovan on him the second half, but DM only guarded him a couple times that I recall.

The kid can make any shot so he can take any shot. No one else is going to step up! Y'all be screaming for an Alpha dog for forever, finally have one and now you want him to reign it in? Give me a break.

Fire away Spida.

I like him having an ultra green light ... but does he have to play pg minutes?

Fire away Spida.

Holy ****, is everyone a complete ****ing Nancy and sensitive as **** and constructive criticism is no longer allowed? Get the **** over it. Mitchell takes dumb shots. He needs to work on this. I'm not too concerned as he's so young and seemingly, extremely coachable. But it's a legitimate criticism of him. And while I recognize that we have virtually no one else to create their own shots like he can and that he thereby is our main scorer by default (and by talent), it still doesn't excuse him from taking stupid ****ing catch and shoot 3's from far beyond the arc with a guy on him and 17 seconds on the shot clock. Just stupid as ****.

What? When have I done that? I was critical in the Pels game of dumb **** but I don’t think I said we were gonna lose.

Last night was more dumb ****. Mitchell likes to take dumb shots. I know it’s unpopular to say it but he does. Catch and shoot 3’s two feet beyond the line with someone on him. Semi out of control drives. Like that. His % were a concern for me coming out of Louisville and they still are.
Who do you want taking those shots? He took 28 shots last night. That’s not out of the realm of what he’s been doing night tonight you’re just mad they didn’t fall. He took the same shots he always does, some nights they don’t go in the hoop. It’s obvious both his teammates and coaches are probably not only fine with it, they likely ask him to do it. The kid does have a green light like no other rookie I’ve seen, and I’m fine with that.

My only real criticism of DM is that goddamned pump fake from 3. It. Doesn’t. Work.
This^ I’m not a fan of his strong *** pump fake. No one bites on it, and it shows he is hesitant to take that 3 or is thinking too much about the fact he’s been struggling from 3 lately. That being said, he still took 10 of them and he probably shouldn’t take more than that he just seemed less confident and they weren’t as natural.

The main reason they lost is they couldn't guard Schroeder. Why didn't they start to double down on him? They just continually stuck to single coverage and he would either get an open shot off of picks or blow by whoever guarded him. They should've stuck Donovan on him the second half, but DM only guarded him a couple times that I recall.
Them not being able to guard Schroeder was obvious all night, no one was quick enough. I would also say as much as I love DM he’s not like a lock down defender. He loses guys a lot, gets hung up on screens a lot, and isn’t quite as fast as a lot of guys it seems like. DM gives up a lot of wide open shots because he loses his guy. Even facing a guy up he doesn’t affect the shot much ever. He’s can get steals, jump high enough to block a guy here and there, but as far as his one on one defense it hasn’t been bad but it hasn’t been great either.

Overall the team is still gonna have growing pains......and our ROOKIE is gonna be a rookie sometimes. Both will grow and get better. You gotta have bad nights and terrible inexcusable losses like last night for growth....now they better grow. Just remember as much of a star as we all know Donovan is, he’s a rookie coming down the stretch of his first season with a responsibility like few rookies in the history of this league. If he shoots 0/15 from three one night let’s not kill him over it, let’s let him get better.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or when Ingles misses - he reallllly misses badly. Like airballs, bricks, shots that are clearly missing the second they leave his finger tips ....

I'm constantly amazed how he can go from bricks to pure polyester in consecutive shots from similar spots...

Holy ****, is everyone a complete ****ing Nancy and sensitive as **** and constructive criticism is no longer allowed? Get the **** over it. Mitchell takes dumb shots. He needs to work on this. I'm not too concerned as he's so young and seemingly, extremely coachable. But it's a legitimate criticism of him. And while I recognize that we have virtually no one else to create their own shots like he can and that he thereby is our main scorer by default (and by talent), it still doesn't excuse him from taking stupid ****ing catch and shoot 3's from far beyond the arc with a guy on him and 17 seconds on the shot clock. Just stupid as ****.
No he took the same shots that have won games this season. You didn’t bitch about them then, you’re just bitching about them now because they didn’t go in. Down the stretch he went inside and couldn’t hit that floater or a layup. He had a rough night, he wasn’t wildly outside of what he’s done night in and night out and been praised for. You can’t “constructively criticize” something you were perfectly fine with when the ball rolled through the basket instead of off the rim.

No he took the same shots that have won games this season. You didn’t bitch about them then, you’re just bitching about them now because they didn’t go in. Down the stretch he went inside and couldn’t hit that floater or a layup. He had a rough night, he wasn’t wildly outside of what he’s done night in and night out and been praised for. You can’t “constructively criticize” something you were perfectly fine with when the ball rolled through the basket instead of off the rim.

Quote me where I said I was perfectly fine with it before.