What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

I remember how everyone loved Schroder on this board before the draft.. and then we ended up with Burke. At least we got Rudy

Well... now that you've brought it up... I used to stick my neck out here and say Schroder was actually good enough to be a top-5 pick, when he was being discussed as a possible pick to Utah at 14...

People here hassled me for days for saying I had Trey Burke graded out at 89/100(not a lotto grade..) and Schroder
at 95 or 96/100... lol..

Also Schroder actually wanted to be drafted by Utah 14th too...... He made an instagram post about it right after the Jazz worked him out... Utah been throwing PG **** at the wall hoping something sticks ever since.

Well... now that you've brought it up... I used to stick my neck out here and say Schroder was actually good enough to be a top-5 pick, when he was being discussed as a possible pick to Utah at 14...

People here hassled me for days for saying I had Trey Burke graded out at 89/100(not a lotto grade..) and Schroder
at 95 or 96/100... lol..

Also Schroder actually wanted to be drafted by Utah 14th too...... He made an instagram post about it right after the Jazz worked him out... Utah been throwing PG **** at the wall hoping something sticks ever since too..
link?

The IG post disappeared a long time ago.. There was some hashtag he had at the end of his post talking about going to the Jazz or going 14th tho, it wasn't subtle. Pretty sure there was a thread on it here, or it was covered extensively in the 2013 draftees thread. Plus the timeframe should be easy to pinpoint if you're looking for it here.. it was a few weeks before the draft, so late May or early June 2013.

at 95 or 96/100... lol..

Also Schroder actually wanted to be drafted by Utah 14th too...... He made an instagram post about it right after the Jazz worked him out... Utah been throwing PG **** at the wall hoping something sticks ever since.

you say a whole bunch of **** whatever

you say a whole bunch of **** whatever

Out of boredom. Certainly not for recognition. I'm genuinely happy for this kid and glad I get to watch him play and entertain discussions such as these.. He doesn't take **** from anyone on the court either, it's respectable.

I just knew Dennis had the juice. I probably cant even find the words to describe why I was so sure, I knew it though.. It's something you see more in boxing, some dudes just got that look of defiance in their eye, and they not gonna be denied(see the Avy!!), I consider myself to be that way and certainly thought the same of Dennis.

My father and his died the same summer, soon it'll be 8 years. Always rooted for him on a personal level cuz of that, his fathers passing was a MAJOR catalyst for him to 'man-up' and get his **** together and hone his talents, same sorta thing happened for me... I just knew he was gonna go off tonight..

Used to say his "character concerns" are actually strengths..

If I was in his shoes i'd have been SUPER-DUPER-AMPED beyond words to try and steal the show on "Father-Son night", thats for damn sure..

Last edited:
The good news is we can roll this focus into winning three more on the road before returning home to face Boston.

What a depressing suck *** loss. Oh well, I guess this happens to all NBA teams. Hopefully they can win one of the San Antonio/GS games to make up for it.

Jazz couldn't shoot for ****, and have to say that a lot of that was on Mitchell tonight. Crowder could have barreled to the rim and gotten points.

*obligatory Mitchell praise* but ****er has got to reel it on on the threes. At least until he, you know, starts making them again.

The most concerning issue tonight for me was the fact the Hawks made the Jazz uncomfortable. The Jazz didn’t just give this game away or have a hiccup the Hawks beat them....again. The reason it’s concerning is this is exactly what will happen in a playoff series. Ingles and Donovan were not comfortable all night, and Rudy was working extra hard tonight. We got Donovan and Rudy, but this team may not be as good as we think once a team clamps down on and specifies a game plan for them.

I don’t know, it’s concerning when this wasn’t just a slip up, this was a bad team making you uncomfortable all night and just beating you. It happens I guess, but it didn’t feel good.

Lastly, our bench has got to produce something. Crowder is the most consistent but man how many out of control layups is Royce gonna bang to hard off the backboard? I admire his defense but some of those layups he’s missing every single game are because he’s rushing in too hard and fast and just missing an easy shot. I really like Royce but calm down kid and have some confidence when you take a 3 and be under control putting it off the glass. There were so many bad things about this game but the bench has to score more, every night. Who cares who it is but one guy off that bench should be able to muster up a decent night. There’s enough talent in those guys to come up with a decent amount of bench points every night and they’ve just been laying eggs.

Oh and PS- we found out what value Favs has. A healthy Favors is a force to be reckoned with and he is a difference maker. I was missing him under that hoop tonight tearing down offensive rebounds (lord knows there were enough of them tonight) and going up strong and slamming it down. I think we all love Favs and what he’s done this season.....I’m not sure we fully understand how good he actually is and how much of an impact he has.

I actually think going on the road against an eh team could help right now and yeah the pressure not keeping the streak aliv
*obligatory Mitchell praise* but ****er has got to reel it on on the threes. At least until he, you know, starts making them again.

This, other than tonight he's been money getting to the rim and scoring. He was 1/8 from 3 against SAC but ended up 11/21 from the field. I get he's got to take some, but when he's this off attack the rim and get easy buckets which he's great at.

I actually think going on the road against an eh team could help right now and yeah the pressure not keeping the streak aliv

This, other than tonight he's been money getting to the rim and scoring. He was 1/8 from 3 against SAC but ended up 11/21 from the field. I get he's got to take some, but when he's this off attack the rim and get easy buckets which he's great at.
You can’t just drive every time. You either run out of the energy to do so or you stop getting calls because the ref isn’t going to blow the whistle every time. Someone like Lebron could drive and score or get fouled on every single trip down the floor but it’s easier said than done. Donovan took 28 shots tonight and 10 were 3s, meaning 18 were not. He drove pretty often, he also isn’t getting a call sometimes and isn’t going to for the most part as a rookie.

At this point I think it’s messing with him a bit. He knows that 3 isn’t falling and you can see him hesitate or hard pump fake on a lot of shots right now, which just makes it worse. He isn’t confidently taking those shots. I mean this is the modern NBA though, 3s matter too much not to take them....so if not him who’s he passing to? Ingles passes up shots and isn’t going to put up a bunch more...and nobody else is exactly solid from 3. He HAS to take those shots. I simply hope that all the people he sees calling him a chucker, and knowing the shot isn’t falling doesn’t get inside his head enough to continue what we saw tonight. He wasn’t shooting confidently, and wasn’t really wanting to take some of the shots he took from 3.

“”Just drive” sounds easy until the ref won’t blow his whistle or after doing it 3 or 4 times you’re exhausted. Like I said if it was so easy a guy like Lebron could do it every play all game long, it’s not that easy, and it’s even harder when you’re 6’3”.

Did the offense look that bad or did the Jazz just miss wide open shots?

I mean, it certainly didnt look good, but the Jazz just missed a lot of relatively easy looks.

They just missed shots. They had some really good looks, near the end of the game in particular, that typically go in. Tonight they just didn't. We shot 37% from the field. Anytime you shoot that poorly the offense is going to seem terrible. Even if you're running the sets and getting good looks.

You can’t just drive every time. You either run out of the energy to do so or you stop getting calls because the ref isn’t going to blow the whistle every time. Someone like Lebron could drive and score or get fouled on every single trip down the floor but it’s easier said than done. Donovan took 28 shots tonight and 10 were 3s, meaning 18 were not. He drove pretty often, he also isn’t getting a call sometimes and isn’t going to for the most part as a rookie.

At this point I think it’s messing with him a bit. He knows that 3 isn’t falling and you can see him hesitate or hard pump fake on a lot of shots right now, which just makes it worse. He isn’t confidently taking those shots. I mean this is the modern NBA though, 3s matter too much not to take them....so if not him who’s he passing to? Ingles passes up shots and isn’t going to put up a bunch more...and nobody else is exactly solid from 3. He HAS to take those shots. I simply hope that all the people he sees calling him a chucker, and knowing the shot isn’t falling doesn’t get inside his head enough to continue what we saw tonight. He wasn’t shooting confidently, and wasn’t really wanting to take some of the shots he took from 3.

“”Just drive” sounds easy until the ref won’t blow his whistle or after doing it 3 or 4 times you’re exhausted. Like I said if it was so easy a guy like Lebron could do it every play all game long, it’s not that easy, and it’s even harder when you’re 6’3”.

Felt like he looked for his own shot a helluva lot tonight. Probably told to do it though eh. I just thought it was a bit predictable - couldn't get opponents off balance like before.