What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

Holy ****, is everyone a complete ****ing Nancy and sensitive as **** and constructive criticism is no longer allowed? Get the **** over it. Mitchell takes dumb shots. He needs to work on this. I'm not too concerned as he's so young and seemingly, extremely coachable. But it's a legitimate criticism of him. And while I recognize that we have virtually no one else to create their own shots like he can and that he thereby is our main scorer by default (and by talent), it still doesn't excuse him from taking stupid ****ing catch and shoot 3's from far beyond the arc with a guy on him and 17 seconds on the shot clock. Just stupid as ****.

Yup. He was chucking last night. His shot was way off so he probably should have passed more. More passing from everyone would have been nice. Amazing how flat we looked. Sharing the ball more might have woken us up. Rubio, Rudy and Dante(still sucking wind) played hard but the rest of our guys looked tired.

Is it just me, or when Ingles misses - he reallllly misses badly. Like airballs, bricks, shots that are clearly missing the second they leave his finger tips ....

I'm constantly amazed how he can go from bricks to pure polyester in consecutive shots from similar spots...
They made Joe uncomfortable and guarded him close and hard all night. Once that’s happening you start rushing shots when you get them, and worrying too much about their defense and even wide open shots become difficult on nights like last night. This happens from time to time. If guarded hard, Joes gonna have a tough time shooting, it’s why I worry about how much he can actually help us in playoff series going forward because once you key in on him, he struggles.

Yup. He was chucking last night. His shot was way off so he probably should have passed more. More passing from everyone would have been nice. Amazing how flat we looked. Sharing the ball more might have woken us up. Rubio, Rudy and Dante(still sucking wind) played hard but the rest of our guys looked tired.
....but pass to who? Someone’s gotta take shots.

Id rather a gun slinger with an alpha attitide than a passive bitch leading this squad.

Whether you think its a good shot or not, he needs to take them. Hes been on a steep learning curve all year so no need to pump the brakes now, its all good fam.

Yeah, was weird to see Jingles passing up shots. Not cool Drunky, not cool.

My kid calls him Drunky...
Agreed but Ingles isn’t going to take a ton more shots...and aside from him who else do we want shooting besides Donovan? He’s being asked, given support by teammates and coaches, and basically has to take shots. He’s the best option.

Agreed but Ingles isn’t going to take a ton more shots...and aside from him who else do we want shooting besides Donovan? He’s being asked, given support by teammates and coaches, and basically has to take shots. He’s the best option.

Maybe it wasn't the shot taking but the shot making. We were 6-34 from 3 pt. Ingles 1-8 and Don 1-10.

Rubio shot well and Rudy did his normal thing, but everyone else couldn't hit. Dante didn't even attempt a 3. He was 2-4 FG though and 2-2 FT. We needed more Dante!

I’d rather have a guy who’s willing to try and fail...ie-take 28 shots and miss 19 of them— than a guy who won’t take the shots altogether and is passive and timid. Donovan drove, he shot, and he tried to help his team win. He failed last night, that’s okay. He’s still the guy I want doing it.

Reactions: MVP
Maybe it wasn't the shot taking but the shot making. We were 6-34 from 3 pt. Ingles 1-8 and Don 1-10.

Rubio shot well and Rudy did his normal thing, but everyone else couldn't hit. Dante didn't even attempt a 3. He was 2-4 FG though and 2-2 FT. We needed more Dante!
I’ve actually wondered why Dante hasn’t shot much at all beyond a driving layup.....and yeah no one could hit a shot and that’s why they lost. It was a bad night, and there’s been several of these nights this season. We literally look like a bottom 5 team when the 3 isn’t falling, and we look like no one can beat us when t is. Problem is, everyone’s either off or everyone’s on and there seems to be very little in between.

There's middle ground between being a passive bitch and taking really bad shots.

Donovan hasn't found that middle ground yet, and that people can't see that is mystifying to me. What the hell are y'all watching? There's a difference between taking a tough shot bc of the shot clock and taking a tough shot with 10+ seconds left. Donovan does too much of the latter.

There's middle ground between being a passive bitch and taking really bad shots.

Donovan hasn't found that middle ground yet, and that people can't see that is mystifying to me. What the hell are y'all watching? There's a difference between taking a tough shot bc of the shot clock and taking a tough shot with 10+ seconds left. Donovan does too much of the latter.
His shots are just not that bad.

He has to learn to take and make those shots regardless of the clock. In the playoffs teams wont allow those open shots and we will need someone to make tough shots. Who else if not Mitchell?

Imo if he sees a shot he likes he needs to take it, regardless of shot clock. Theres no other way to learn.

Jazz gonna be alright. Tough loss, but we are due a few more losses before the season is over. Gonna grab a few we aren't favored in, too.

Guys were off but Atlanta basically plays with 4/5 guys in the paint. They drop under everything and have decent wing defenders. If we don’t make shots then we lose... flat out. We hit two threes in a row and went up 10... if we shoot 35% from three last night we win.

Just gotta make shots. DM has been in a funk with his 3 shooting and I’m worried a bit.

If Mitchell takes the Kobe route and spends a lot of time in the gym working on his shot to improve then I'm fine with his performance last night. Heck, most of the team should be there with him working on their game as well.

Guys were off but Atlanta basically plays with 4/5 guys in the paint. They drop under everything and have decent wing defenders. If we don’t make shots then we lose... flat out. We hit two threes in a row and went up 10... if we shoot 35% from three last night we win.

Just gotta make shots. DM has been in a funk with his 3 shooting and I’m worried a bit.
As much as we would all like to think otherwise, I think Mitchell has hit the rookie wall. It would be so nice if we had more scoring threats to let him get a little more rest but alas, we don't. He has been carrying the load all season and this is uncharted water for his body and mind as far as fatigue goes. I really wouldn't mind seeing him set a couple of games for a little recovery time before the playoffs, but not sure we can afford to have him out. We may not see the playoffs if he does.

....but pass to who? Someone’s gotta take shots.

This fair. Very fair. We can't just have Ingles and Rubio camping out at the line. We need another guy who can legit dribble penetrate like Mitchell and attack the rim and offer that threat. As well as hit the 3. I'm still holding out hope we get a steal on some stretch 4 who can do all that.
He has to learn to take and make those shots regardless of the clock. In the playoffs teams wont allow those open shots and we will need someone to make tough shots. Who else if not Mitchell?

Imo if he sees a shot he likes he needs to take it, regardless of shot clock. Theres no other way to learn.

Great. Take a shot you like. The Carmelo Rule of Thumb. Brilliant advise.

He needs to learn how to get to a better shot. Not to settle for junk shots. He's settling right now.

Teams want him to take the shots he is taking. You wanna spin off a screen and take an unbalanced 26 footer? Go for it! You want to take a highly coveted 28 foot shot with 10+ on the shot clock? Go for it! That's what opposing coaches and teams want.

I don't want Mitchell to get into the habit of taking bad shots just because he can. He needs to work through this to get a better shot.

It's funny, because so often you hear people say, "Just wait to see how much better Mitchell will be in year.", but if you dare suggest now that he's doing something wrong, or bad, people get real pissy. He can't improve if there's nothing wrong with his game, you can't have it both ways.