What's new

Favors and Kanter quietly both showing 20/10 potential

Jazz4ever

per36 numbers looking good. Kanter is really scoring efficiently this year. He is on a path to be Boozer without the passing skills. If the light bulb turns on someday could be better than Boozer, but its a big "if".

Favors
18.8 pts 10.4 rpg
23 PER

Kanter
19.9 pts 9.5 rpg
19.2 PER

Kanter has been really impressive the last few games not just offensively, but defensively as well.

"Boozer without the passing skills"

Sounds like a pretty ****ty player.

I know Kanter isn't the most nimble of guys, but I'll bet he never trips over a gym bag in his hallway (or swears that's what happened).

per36 numbers looking good. Kanter is really scoring efficiently this year. He is on a path to be Boozer without the passing skills. If the light bulb turns on someday could be better than Boozer, but its a big "if".

Favors
18.8 pts 10.4 rpg
23 PER

Kanter
19.9 pts 9.5 rpg
19.2 PER

Good to know that Kanter is on track to follow a mediocre and overrated Carlos Boozer only with less skill set. Boy oh Boy the Jazz are on their way!!! I just can't wait until the day that we draft the skim milk version of Kirk Snyder. The sky is the limit!!!! We can have any player we want that no other team in the NBA wants!! Now that's G status. -Totally do. What it is. ?

Reactions: MVP
Good to know that Kanter is on track to follow a mediocre and overrated Carlos Boozer only with less skill set. Boy oh Boy the Jazz are on their way!!! I just can't wait until the day that we draft the skim milk version of Kirk Snyder. The sky is the limit!!!! We can have any player we want that no other team in the NBA wants!! Now that's G status. -Totally do. What it is. ?

Hey it's just his comment on the player. Kanter doesn't have to be considered Boozer-lite. I believe he has a lot sweeter touch. He has a lot more busting his *** off and trying hard to win attitude instead of showing off in him. Enes has a lot of potential. He will be a better player than Boozer.

Carlos Boozer esque defense though....

oh wait...sounds a lot like a boozer player.

Jumpshot. no defense.

yepp got it.

Enes Kanter is not even near his potential right now. Kanter was better passer, before he came to the Jazz. With Kanter and passing, it´s a bit like Kanter and jump shots. In his first year he never got the oppurtunity to shoot the ball. He never got the green light to make plays, when he played for Corbin. H barely startet trying some difficult passes and and plays. He will improve with time and get more confidence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZtUvAhzuQ

3.35-4.13 he makes a couple of good passes, he just never got the opportunity to improve on this area... With 18 yaers of age, he was capable of making some difficult passes. It´s not like Kanter just hasn´t improved in this area, he got worse.

A prime Carlos Boozer as the 4th best player on your team is actually a really good thing. If Kanter gets to 20 and 10, there is no way the Jazz can retain him though. . .

I really like Kanter's offensive touch, seems like he can help keep the Jazz in games when other players struggle to find their shot.
Also his defense has improved. I mean he isn't great or anything, but I've noticed him improving a lot over the past 5 games or so

I bet Kanter is the most frustrating player for Quin to coach he's doesn't seem think quickly on the court. He puts on some nice scoring displays but I've always wondered what other players on the team think of Kanter. Do they even like playing with a guy that can't pass and blows defensive assignments more times than not?

This would be the biggest regret.

With the ability to match as an RFA for whatever team gets him, he would be a pretty valuable trade piece at the deadline, however. Kanter would be dominant out East. Trading him for a 3 and D guy is probably the most likely outcome. If money weren't an issue, I'd like to keep him. . .

Kanter has been really impressive the last few games not just offensively, but defensively as well.
I agree. His defense has been alot better imo

With the ability to match as an RFA for whatever team gets him, he would be a pretty valuable trade piece at the deadline, however. Kanter would be dominant out East. Trading him for a 3 and D guy is probably the most likely outcome. If money weren't an issue, I'd like to keep him however. . .
I see his trade very very probable and he is doing himself and the jazz a favor by scoring more efficiently.

Good to know that Kanter is on track to follow a mediocre and overrated Carlos Boozer only with less skill set. Boy oh Boy the Jazz are on their way!!!

I think kanter is younger than boozer was when he was with the jazz.

Boozer played three years of college ball iirc and then was with Cleveland before utah.

Kanter joined the jazz as an 18 or 19 year old and then had to deal with Corbin.

Also boozer was an injury prone soft *****.

With the ability to match as an RFA for whatever team gets him, he would be a pretty valuable trade piece at the deadline, however. Kanter would be dominant out East. Trading him for a 3 and D guy is probably the most likely outcome. If money weren't an issue, I'd like to keep him. . .

The choice was between him and Burks and the Jazz have chosen Burks.

Anyway Kanter will be appreciative with Snyder that is helping him to improve his game.

I guess Enes would be glad to change team...Jazz never relied on him firmly in these four seasons. This season things are going better....but as Cy said, Snyder does not trust in him blindly...he does not have a leading role with the Jazz.

Last edited: