What's new

Favors and Kanter quietly both showing 20/10 potential

Booker has fallen off somewhat. Wish he would look to shoot his open 3's more instead of just driving. He is a guy who feeds off energy though and we haven't had much lately. Our bench unit could really use a scorer to help speed things up and create energy.

Booker has fallen off somewhat. Wish he would look to shoot his open 3's more instead of just driving. He is a guy who feeds off energy though and we haven't had much lately. Our bench unit could really use a scorer to help speed things up and create energy.
If not for the success of the early Gordo sub leading to the really effective units featuring Exum-Ingles-Gordo-Gobert, I'd be all for moving Alec to the bench and starting Ingles/Hood. Might still be a good idea...Ingles and Hayward play incredibly well together, and the Jazz might come out of the gates stronger with Ingles starting in place of Burks.

Being a good passer isn't about making highlight passes, it's about consistently making the right pass w/ accuracy and timing.

I agree, but him beeing able to make highlight passes with 18 years of age should mean that he has atleast some passing ability. How many good passes have you seen from Kanter playing in the NBA ? After 3 years it´s just not normal that Kanter is this bad, at making the right pass. Quin is trying to help Kanter, bringing his passing into a solid level. I think he will improve this dude is a goofy, but he is not that dump.

Kanter's been playing much better recently, but the stats you use aren't terribly convincing.

PER is absolute garbage. It's just a repackaging of boxscore stats, the accumulation of which require a player to have terminal possession of the ball (in almost all cases). Only one player has terminal possession of the ball, so PER ignores the contributions of 9 players on the court during a change in possession (or 8 for a turnover or when a basket is assisted), and ignores the contributions of all 10 players the rest of the time. Kanter's problems are in team play (mostly when he doesn;t have the ball): Positional defense, help defense, spacing, making quick reads/decisions/passes on offense, etc. These are all incredibly important aspects of basketball, but none of them are captured in the boxscore or, by extension, PER. Booker, on the other hand, has a pretty good feel for the game, and consistently makes good, quick decisions, and executes them well.

That said, Booker generally has the same role as Kanter in our system. His height limits both his rebounding and scoring opportunities. If you look at this history with Washington, he is remarkably consistent player, but a bench player.

Kanter fanboys are the worst.
^^^this post is worthless without names (=nicks).

add-on: I believe Kanter does not really have to start. He can but be an important part of a good inside-outside(-ish) combo along with Exum within Jazz 2nd unit. Jingles could be the other corner of the triangle and you got yourself a decent punch in your all-scrubs team.

^^^this post is worthless without names (=nicks).

add-on: I believe Kanter does not really have to start. He can but be an important part of a good inside-outside(-ish) combo along with Exum within Jazz 2nd unit. Jingles could be the other corner of the triangle and you got yourself a decent punch in your all-scrubs team.

I don't consider myself as a fanboy, hell I'm too old to be a boy; but I really want this little (little?) douchebag to achieve. It's like desiring your son to succeed at school games or maybe national pride. But for example, Ersan and Ömer's failures don't hurt me much as Kanter-boy. Maybe because they proved their worth already. Or maybe because he is such a goofy kid that I feel the love of a dog for him. Kuçu kuçu.

I love Enes. Only posters I hate are those who root for a guy just because he was born in the same country. You know, fans who don't care about the Jazz, but only care about their guy. I'm sure you have heard of such a thing.
I'd be one of them if it wasn't the Jazz.

Actually I WAS one of them but only, it wasn't about Enes. I was an Ömer only fan! How could it be another way though? I surely couldn't be a Rockets fan, that would be insane!

Heart and swagger. Favors needs it. Bring out his inner Bill Laimbeer and he's a perennial All-Star. A pissed off Favors would be awesome.

The Jazz certainly aren't matching anything over 10 million, I can guarantee that.
Even to a hypothetical 20/10 Kanter? Remember, we are not talking about Kanter as he exists today.

Bet my left nut at the end of the year were not looking at a 20 and 10 player. I don't have a left nut due to previous bets so not much of a risk for me here.

Not saying he will be. This was a response to a hypothetical.

I love Enes. Only posters I hate are those who root for a guy just because he was born in the same country. You know, fans who don't care about the Jazz, but only care about their guy. I'm sure you have heard of such a thing.

How many users here are from Switzerland?

Reactions: ema
Even to a hypothetical 20/10 Kanter? Remember, we are not talking about Kanter as he exists today.

It's probable that Kanter WILL be a 20 and 10 guy by the end of the year. I think the Jazz WANT him to a 20 and 10 guy, but I think it is because (for some reason) he is a far more valuable trade chip at that point. I think the Jazz would be hard pressed to pay Kanter more than they are paying Favors. You can buy a good portion an effective bench from trading a 20 and 10 guy on an RFA ready contract.

In this hypothetical world where Kanter gets 20/10 he probably plays no defense and our offense would resemble Corbin"s post up offense.

In this hypothetical world where Kanter gets 20/10 he probably plays no defense and our offense would resemble Corbin"s post up offense.

In MY hypothetical world Kanter gets 20/10 and makes 1st team all defensive squad. So shut up.