What's new

Favors and Kanter quietly both showing 20/10 potential

Trading Kanter would be a big mistae

One could always hope that what happened to Greg Monroe in FA will happen to him. Maybe this was the theory with signing Burks instead (trying to avoid the Hayward situation with everyone wanting young athletic wings). As of now, it certainly looks like Jazz inked the wrong player. I thought for sure Alec was going to thrive in this new system.

He puts on some nice scoring displays but I've always wondered what other players on the team think of Kanter. Do they even like playing with a guy that can't pass and blows defensive assignments more times than not?

I often wonder what Kanter thinks when Trey Burkes or Alec Burk defensive assignment has blown by them AGAIN and he has to decide AGAIN stay with my man or slide over to ONCE AGAIN try to pick up their blown defensive assignment

I often wonder what Kanter thinks when Trey Burkes or Alec Burk defensive assignment has blown by them AGAIN and he has to decide AGAIN stay with my man or slide over to ONCE AGAIN try to pick up their blown defensive assignment

Kanter doesn't think when this scenario happens.

One could always hope that what happened to Greg Monroe in FA will happen to him. Maybe this was the theory with signing Burks instead (trying to avoid the Hayward situation with everyone wanting young athletic wings). As of now, it certainly looks like Jazz inked the wrong player. I thought for sure Alec was going to thrive in this new system.

I'm not even a little bit worried about Burks. Once Exum starts taking a bigger role on the team, Burks will thrive and be well worth his contract. At 20 and 10 Kanter will get a minimum of 15 million and as much as I like him, we can't pay that when we have two other promising rotational bigs, plus a decent Booker. Unlike, Sap or Al, the RFA part of his expiring makes it extremely valuable.

Enes Kanter is not even near his potential right now. Kanter was better passer, before he came to the Jazz. With Kanter and passing, it´s a bit like Kanter and jump shots. In his first year he never got the oppurtunity to shoot the ball. He never got the green light to make plays, when he played for Corbin. H barely startet trying some difficult passes and and plays. He will improve with time and get more confidence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZtUvAhzuQ

3.35-4.13 he makes a couple of good passes, he just never got the opportunity to improve on this area... With 18 yaers of age, he was capable of making some difficult passes. It´s not like Kanter just hasn´t improved in this area, he got worse.

Being a good passer isn't about making highlight passes, it's about consistently making the right pass w/ accuracy and timing.

The choice was between him and Burks and the Jazz have chosen Burks.

How do you know this? Maybe the jazz offered kanter the same contract and he said no

I thought for sure Alec was going to thrive in this new system.

Who says he won't?

iirc, there are still a couple games left this year and Burks recently had a 20 point, 14 rebound game

This happens to every team in the league.

Wings on every single team in the league get beat and bigs have to make that same decision.

Happens to favors, booker, and gobert too

Why would you think that? I think I was the most cautionary person on the board of this.

Why would anyone ever think Alec would thrive (especially immediately) in a system that requires multiple decision to be made, encourages taking open shots, and makes use of a lot of picks? The only part of early points of emphasis in Quin's system that gave me any hope for Burks was getting out in transition. Burks has been awful in transition though. He is 5/12 on transition attempts at the rim.

This happens to every team in the league.

Wings on every single team in the league get beat and bigs have to make that same decision.

Happens to favors, booker, and gobert too

Poster: Hey, Alec Burks sucks at xxxxx.

Fish: Hey sometimes this other guy sucks at that too.

If Favors could show up consistently, he would have Anthony Davis level PER. It's amazing to me that he's at 23 PER with how many games he has completely disappeared from.

****ing awesome!

If Kanter gets to 20 and 10, there is no way the Jazz can retain him though. . .

You think the Jazz don't match any offer on a 23 year old 6'11" averaging a 20/10?

Are you serious or joking?

Even if they don't want him for the long-term, think about trade value, for goodness sake.

Reactions: MVP
You think the Jazz don't match any offer on a 23 year old 6'11" averaging a 20/10?

Even if they don't want him for the long-term, think about trade value, for goodness sake.

The Jazz certainly aren't matching anything over 10 million, I can guarantee that.

Bet my left nut at the end of the year were not looking at a 20 and 10 player. I don't have a left nut due to previous bets so not much of a risk for me here.

Who says he won't?

iirc, there are still a couple games left this year and Burks recently had a 20 point, 14 rebound game

Very true. He has shown monster potential in this new system, but I doubt anyone expected him to be shooting 38% this year, while his FTA's have gone down by 2.

The Jazz certainly aren't matching anything over 10 million, I can guarantee that.
********. Kanter's play has been trending up over the last couple weeks. With the cap expected to increase considerably, matching an offer for Kanter well above $10mm per year could still be reasonable AND keep the Jazz below the luxury tax.

So far, Alec's extension looks terrible though...dude's shooting worse from 2 than Trey, and might be the worse defender of the two.

If Favors could show up consistently, he would have Anthony Davis level PER. It's amazing to me that he's at 23 PER with how many games he has completely disappeared from.

That's his chronic problem tho, he disappears. İf he played with serious intensity consistently he'd be a perennial all-star.

That's his chronic problem tho, he disappears. İf he played with serious intensity consistently he'd be a perennial all-star.

I'm not sure, but I think he wanted to say that Snyder benched often Kanter because of mismatches and in the closing moments of the game.