What's new

Favors secretly on the trade block?

Yeah, the previous two years were just giant flukes. He sucks ***.
/s

Hayward isnt stupid. Short sighted moves like selling low on Favors won't impress him.

He's been hurt the last two years... The Melo suggestion is laughable for a thousand reasons though.

He's been hurt the last two years... The Melo suggestion is laughable for a thousand reasons though.

He played 74 games two years and 62 last year, hardly anything to be alarmed about. People way overstate his current medical outlook. His **** is weird and unique, but it's not like he has had multiple surgeries. He should be able to recover this summer.

He played 74 games two years and 62 last year, hardly anything to be alarmed about. People way overstate his current medical outlook. His **** is weird and unique, but it's not like he has had multiple surgeries. He should be able to recover this summer.

The concern for me is the amount of healthy games both him and Gobert have played together. I think he might be as healthy as he will get this season. He's been good here and there, but his shot is gone all too often. I think his production isn't as good in part because we have two guys that don't need to be guarded unless they are in the paint.

I just don't see him as the guy long term if we are going to get better than our current level of play (4th-5th seed) and by time we have the sample size his value may be even lower because of his contract situation.

The concern for me is the amount of healthy games both him and Gobert have played together. I think he might be as healthy as he will get this season. He's been good here and there, but his shot is gone all too often. I think his production isn't as good in part because we have two guys that don't need to be guarded unless they are in the paint.

I just don't see him as the guy long term if we are going to get better than our current level of play (4th-5th seed) and by time we have the sample size his value may be even lower because of his contract situation.

Ok, but you dont trade him at his lowest trade value possible. Even if you trade him at the deadline next year he will have more value if he is playing well.

And Favors has been slowly getting more and more explosive/fluid. It isnt a steady progression, kind of like a two steps forward and 1 step back progression.

Melo is the only person who can save the Jazz, but he will never deal them such pleasure.

Ok, but you dont trade him at his lowest trade value possible. Even if you trade him at the deadline next year he will have more value if he is playing well.

And Favors has been slowly getting more and more explosive/fluid. It isnt a steady progression, kind of like a two steps forward and 1 step back progression.

His value could get lower. I would say his value is higher than a few months ago, but I don't see it soaring up to 2015 levels because of our basketball situation, his health, and the time left on his contract. Again, I wouldn't sell him for pennies on the dollar, but if a fair deal came along that made sense I wouldn't worry that I wasn't capturing full value.

Hey guys. I want to clear something up. I got agitated earlier. If someone tries to make themselves feel better by being an asshat to somebody else on a freaking forum.....

Melo is a pipe dream. However, if you look at all factors, he would be an incredible addition to our team for this year. Melo at the 4 with Hayward at 3 and Gobert at 5 is incredible. Once again, I realize it's a reach but you never know until you try. I bet there are a ton of Knick fans who would take the savings, a younger big to pair with Porzingis and what would probably be a couple picks from us.

Millsap is a very reasonable deal. Favors is an Atlanta guy and the Hawks are incredibly mediocre. They know they can't keep Millsap and do anything better. Trading him gives them more promise for the long term than the promise of a 2nd round sweep every year. For us, Millsap is an incredible get. He's so talented all around. Even if just for this season, he's worth it. We have a ton riding on this season (Hill is expiring, Hayward is expiring, etc.) and we need a good finish. If we get smoked in the playoffs like we did by Boston and LAC, why does Hayward stay other than money?

As for value, Favors has as much value right now as he will at any time in the next 18 months. There is only one scenario where he doesn't - if he has an absolute monster postseason, but I just don't see that happening. We won't be able to play with Gobert and Favors on the floor at the same time all that much. And Gobert will win that battle due to his intangibles. If he's healthy this summer, he's only got a year left. If he's playing well at next year's deadline, he's only got months left. We need to trade him now unless we know that would piss Hayward off. However, adding Millsap for Favors is a strong message for Hayward to stay.

Let's keep it cordial. Nobody is ignorant. We all have points to make. Hell, it's Valentine's Day for crying out loud.

This is what my face looks like when I'm praying for Melo:

images

Also, how does trading for Millsap or any UFA we have no shot at re-signing convince Hayward/Hill to stay? Please explain this logic. Why are Hayward or Hill going to be impressed by a front office with lack of foresight? I'm not against trading Favors, but if I'm trading him for something I want some kind of draft pick or retain-able asset, not a 1 year rental that best case scenario just helps us get out of the 1st round (which we should be able to do without said player).

The Jazz should be looking at their window to be 2018-2022. That is the time frame where you want to maximize the roster, not now.

If someone offered something good for Favors then great go for it. Chance of that are pretty slim though. He is clearly injured. Our best hope he is he gets healthy by the post season. Favors and Gobert can play together and have played together well but only when they are healthy. If we trade Favors for another PF we have to get another Center as well since Favors is our backup center as well right now. My best guess is Favors wont get healthy this season and will play through whatever he has and next off season will heal up or have a surgery and heal up and get back to full strength next year. At that point we can evaluate if he should be traded and what we can get for him. But I guess another team might be willing to bet on Favors getting healthy and in a different role and offer us something good for him, but I doubt it. There is no reason to trade him for pennies on the dollar. We need to get a close to all-star level (What Favors is when healthy) or better PF for him or its a bad deal.

I've been telling you all that Favors has either been on the wrong side of health or the wrong side of preparation for 2 years now. I've also said he has a maximum of 15 good games left this year, including playoffs. And that estimate may be high. This is what we're dealing with. If he's retained and begins to play well, the question marks hanging over his head will not be eased until 20+ games into next season, the last one on his current deal. If we're thinking in terms of asset-management, this situation has been getting out-of-hand, slowly but surely.

That Pels pick would be dope as ****. I wonder if they're desperate enough.

I wouldn't trade Favors for this, but I'd look at Patrick Patterson. With Ibaka going to the Raptors that should make Patterson expendable. They gave up a pick to Orlando, so they might want some kind of 2nd round action for Patterson. Patterson is in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA next year, I doubt Raptors really have the cap-space to re-sign. I'm not really sure how much they value him though. Do they want to keep everyone to make a huge run or do they feel Patterson is expendable. Not sure.

He has to be dealt. Some of us have been saying this for over a year. He doesnt fit well next to Gobert (for big games and playoffs which matter most). Financially, he doesn't make sense for us at a near max number should we extend.

I know its crazy, but I would target Melo or Millsaps. F it, lets go all in. A player like that next to Gobert would make us contenders. We need that offense for the playoffs.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Contenders for what? A second round showing? Sorry, but these last three games, just as I feared (as I worried about these three in another post pre-Dallas tipoff) has shown me that we are not nearly as good as I, or maybe even many of us, thought we were.