What's new

Favors secretly on the trade block?

I wouldn't trade Favors for this, but I'd look at Patrick Patterson. With Ibaka going to the Raptors that should make Patterson expendable. They gave up a pick to Orlando, so they might want some kind of 2nd round action for Patterson. Patterson is in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA next year, I doubt Raptors really have the cap-space to re-sign. I'm not really sure how much they value him though. Do they want to keep everyone to make a huge run or do they feel Patterson is expendable. Not sure.

Would cost a 1st. By all accounts they love him... leadership, play, and his buy-in. I think the Ibaka shows an all in on this year motivation. Will decide to keep either Ibaka or Patterson. He's also not been healthy... he'd be a nice fit though.

I wouldn't trade Favors for this, but I'd look at Patrick Patterson. With Ibaka going to the Raptors that should make Patterson expendable. They gave up a pick to Orlando, so they might want some kind of 2nd round action for Patterson. Patterson is in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA next year, I doubt Raptors really have the cap-space to re-sign. I'm not really sure how much they value him though. Do they want to keep everyone to make a huge run or do they feel Patterson is expendable. Not sure.

I floated Kanter for Patterson last year at this time and got laughed at.

We were holding out for Grant Jarrett apparently.

I like the Patterson idea but Toronto may want him as a legit bench player still. Worth a try though. I'd also take a serious look at James Johnson who's on the last year of his contract at 4M per in Miami. Dude is 6'8", athletic, long (7'0.75" wingspan/8' 9.5" standing reach...Hayward is 6'7.75" and 8'7" as a comparison...Joe Johnson is 6'9" and 8'9") tough, can play some 3 or 4, and is hitting the 3 at 35.7% which isn't bad. Not sure what we could work but he's def worth a look.

I floated Kanter for Patterson last year at this time and got laughed at.

We were holding out for Grant Jarrett apparently.

No wonder you got laughed at. We didnt have Kanter this time last year he was traded in 2015.

I like the Patterson idea but Toronto may want him as a legit bench player still. Worth a try though. I'd also take a serious look at James Johnson who's on the last year of his contract at 4M per in Miami. Dude is 6'8", athletic, long (7'0.75" wingspan/8' 9.5" standing reach...Hayward is 6'7.75" and 8'7" as a comparison...Joe Johnson is 6'9" and 8'9") tough, can play some 3 or 4, and is hitting the 3 at 35.7% which isn't bad. Not sure what we could work but he's def worth a look.

Heat definitely arent trading Johnson. They have cap-space and will probably look to re-sign him.

But you are probably right that they wont look to trade Patterson. I would guess they would think about unloading Carroll for an expiring deal. They will have a huge LT bill if they are able to sign both Ibaka and Lowry. But I'm guessing we dont want to pay Carroll 15 million next year.

Heat definitely arent trading Johnson. They have cap-space and will probably look to re-sign him.

Would anyone do Favors for JJ and a heavily protected 1st? I don't think Miami would but I am to the point I would do it for JJ and two 2nds I think.

I don't think we'll ever see a healthy version again so it's pointless to hold on and not get something. I think James Johnson this year, and if we were to then re-sign him, gives us a better chance at winning. He turns the ball over too much and isn't nearly as good a rebounder but he fits our offensive scheme much better and is a really good passer. He's also healthy and would be cheaper on the reup than Faves imo. Maybe by a lot even.

Would anyone do Favors for JJ and a heavily protected 1st? I don't think Miami would but I am to the point I would do it for JJ and two 2nds I think.

I don't think we'll ever see a healthy version again so it's pointless to hold on and not get something. I think James Johnson this year, and if we were to then re-sign him, gives us a better chance at winning. He turns the ball over too much and isn't nearly as good a rebounder but he fits our offensive scheme much better and is a really good passer. He's also healthy and would be cheaper on the reup than Faves imo. Maybe by a lot even.

Why does Miami want to pair Whiteside/Favors?

Contenders for what? A second round showing? Sorry, but these last three games, just as I feared (as I worried about these three in another post pre-Dallas tipoff) has shown me that we are not nearly as good as I, or maybe even many of us, thought we were.

I honestly believe that Paul Millsap is a massive upgrade for us and how we play. He played so well when Snyder was on the Atlanta staff too so there is familiarity there.

Golden State went from good to contenders when they added Iguodala. Iggy is a do everything type of guy who helped in so many areas that aren't listed stats. Millsap is that same type of player. We've been saying for a few years how we needed more veterans to progress. Well, we've all seen how much Hill and Johnson have helped us. Millsap would help us that much more. A stretch 4 who can defend is very rare yet we have the ammo to go out and get him. Favors, the OKC pick and a few 2nd's might get it done.

If we stay put, we might get upset in the first round or embarrassed in the second round. With Millsap, I truly believe that we could run with anybody not named GS. If we get crushed and Boston makes it to the East Finals, that's a very tempting place for Gordon Hayward. If he leaves, we lose all momentum especially since Favors has fallen so...

I don't think we'll ever see a healthy version again so it's pointless to hold on and not get something.

Can you explain that? I hear that all the time around here. That he won't ever be healthy again. Where does this idea come from? I don't get it. It's like he is paralyzed in a wheel chair or something. When does someone not recover fully from a bone bruise? Am I missing something here? If Favors is never going to be healthy, then Burks must be a Dead man walking. Just the thinking around here blows my mind. Please elaborate..

Can you explain that? I hear that all the time around here. That he won't ever be healthy again. Where does this idea come from? I don't get it. It's like he is paralyzed in a wheel chair or something. When does someone not recover fully from a bone bruise? Am I missing something here? If Favors is never going to be healthy, then Burks must be a Dead man walking. Just the thinking around here blows my mind. Please elaborate..

I agree with you to a certain extent. Favors will be healthy again. I don't think he's done for but I do feel he might suffer setbacks more than the average player, but I don't think health kills his value. For us, I think he has less value because his lack of fit with Gobert. But you put somebody like Favors next to Dirk, Porzingis, etc., and he's a great fit.

He played 74 games two years and 62 last year, hardly anything to be alarmed about. People way overstate his current medical outlook. His **** is weird and unique, but it's not like he has had multiple surgeries. He should be able to recover this summer.

I think Favors situation is very alarming.

During the last three seasons (including the current one) he played in only 79% of the Jazz games. That would amount to 65 games in an 82-game season. Not only is the number of the games he played low, but also in many of them he has been far from one hundred percent. In other words, when he's been injured more often than not.

When was the last time we saw a really healthy Favors?

Trade Hayward to Boston for nets picks(multiple), trade Favors to NOP for their pick, trade Hill to SAS for their pick. Trade mack and Jingles to the cavs for a future pick. Trade JJ Diaw to Toronto for an obviously very protected pick. Let Burks stuff the box score as the man and trade him for a pick this summer.

Throw money at FA while we build through the draft around Rudy.

I saw today that Toronto is +13/100 with Patterson on the floor. That's pretty remarkable.